From Vancouver, with Love

032f76fc38efa9c4074ffe6a28c5f487.jpg

An extremely weak lineup for the rivalry match, as we have Toronto in 3 days.

8cc5b6382813dab1366cefab02fa556d.png

We were good enough to get the win.

Posted (edited)

So, I haven't played CPL yet in FM, but I assume you will get to partake in the wonderful North American sports phenomenon known as...

The Draft!!

That's right! Just like MLS, the CPL has the CPL-U Sports Draft where you can select from eligible players from the U sports teams (the Canadian university leagues essentially).

There's two rounds to the draft, which means you'll get to select two players that should be ready (or close to it) to slot into your starting team.

This is in addition to your academy and youth players.

So, look forward to that!

Edit: I believe that draft-eligible players can also come from other academies that have aged out, like Canadian MLS academies.

Edited by cerud

10 hours ago, Fudal said:

Youth Intake:

@_Ben_ Hope this will give you a preview of what to look for, although our facilities are terrible compared to Halifax's.

Interesting. Vancouver only have one 'squad' don't they? So all of these have come straight into your first team? Does that mean you're going to be even more stringent in cutting the crap from it? We have an U19 squad so I can afford a few more players and, as far as I'm aware, as long as I don't register them, they won't' count towards my salary cap.

But yeah - that's a poor intake!

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Interesting. Vancouver only have one 'squad' don't they? So all of these have come straight into your first team? Does that mean you're going to be even more stringent in cutting the crap from it? We have an U19 squad so I can afford a few more players and, as far as I'm aware, as long as I don't register them, they won't' count towards my salary cap.

But yeah - that's a poor intake!

$70 p/w is a lot for a team like ours, but I only cut 4 players from this intake. Some of them will feature in this next game. I forgot about registration rules :mad:

18 hours ago, cerud said:

So, I haven't played CPL yet in FM, but I assume you will get to partake in the wonderful North American sports phenomenon known as...

The Draft!!

That's right! Just like MLS, the CPL has the CPL-U Sports Draft where you can select from eligible players from the U sports teams (the Canadian university leagues essentially).

There's two rounds to the draft, which means you'll get to select two players that should be ready (or close to it) to slot into your starting team.

This is in addition to your academy and youth players.

So, look forward to that!

Edit: I believe that draft-eligible players can also come from other academies that have aged out, like Canadian MLS academies.

Being an American, I love the draft. My favorite part of every NFL/NBA/MLB/NHL season is watching highlights of players in college or coming from leagues like the Euro league and the QMJHL/OHL/WHL

Edited by Fudal