[FM24] Everton - A New Dawn...

evertonfc-1w.jpg.f6a99bb2a78e8e89c31fde90e1cb51fe.jpg

Okay, so here goes my first attempt at writing up one of my saves on the forums. Had an itch to get back to writing about the game again for a while, after previously running an FM Blog under the name FM Pingu a couple of years back, but stepped away due to my mental health. Will try and update this as much as I can, depending on what goes on in the real world :)

WHY PICK EVERTON? 

I've been bouncing around saves on the game and been unable to settle on one, with my longest save lasting around 2 and a half seasons at most. Growing up, and still to this day, I've been an avid West Brom fan, but have always had a few teams I have looked out for. One of these teams being Everton, due to my uncle being a supporter. 

I feel they are a perfect club to sink my teeth into for a save due to the poor state of the club in real life at the moment.

Poor recruitment has led to a massive amount of money being spent, hampering the finances, especially on the wage bill. With not many of these signings being so successful, the clubs performances haven't exactly lived up to the expectations of supporters or club officials from what was envisioned when the current owners took custodianship of the club. Everton are too big of a club to be where they are currently, and with a 6 point deduction overhanging them at the start of the game, I feel its a fantastic club to attempt to rebuild through smart recruitment aswell as a good tactical philosophy.

AIMS OF THE SAVE

1. Attempt to stabilise the clubs finances

2. Install a playing philosophy based around progressive possession

3. Create a pathway for the academy, while also developing coaches where possible

4. Slowly build the club up to get them back to challenging for European Competitions

5. OVERTAKE LIVERPOOL

Finances.thumb.png.c0e4b15d02e91ab1e1fa3b933b65b3a9.png

FInances2.thumb.png.0cf017d13e2643893451410a05165b20.png

As you can see, It's not going to be an easy task to get the club back on track financially, but with some smart recruitment and a success on the pitch I think It is easily do-able!

Now it's time for me to get stuck in, and go and begin the overhaul over the backroom staff, aswell as setting up our new pre-season schedule and building our tactic, all of which will be covered in the next post!

Ciao for now ;)