Youth team not playing any matches

I started with a newly promoted team in the second tier of Croatia. We have since then won promotion and established ourselves in the first tier (consisting of ten teams). We are now among the ten clubs with the highest reputation in the country.

The U19 team was not in any youth division at the start and still hasn’t been invited. The U19 league consists of 16 teams and they don’t seem to change from season to season. Does this mean that the youth team of my club will never play in the league regardless of the clubs’ growing reputation?

Also, because of the above I have instructed my youth team manager to arrange friendlies every week, but he has never arranged a single game. Is this a bug or is something other than ticking the box under “staff responsibilities” required?

Same issue in my Spanish League game on mobile - picked a small fourth tier team not realising their B team weren't in a recognised reserves league.

Am now in my first season in La Liga, currently second, and I still have to arrange friendlies throughout the season (they're destroying 4* teams). It's frustrating, even more so since no-one appears to have an answer or a solution.

The Spanish B-teams are usually competing in the regular league structure, right? In your case it might simply be a case of waiting a few seasons for them to be promoted to the lowest playable Spanish league.