Is there any disadvantage to training as many player traits as possible?

im asking because i have been constantly training players with player traits for a few seasons, and i have a few players with 7-8 different traits. i wouldn’t say i have noticed any negatives from this, but i don’t think i could really notice because i don’t have a reference. so can anyone tell me if i’ve been stunting my players development ever since i started the save or is it fine? 

obviously, i’m talking about “complimentary” traits that suit the player’s attributes and don’t contradict each other, because i could see the clear disadvantages of training both “plays short simple passes” and “likes to switch the ball” 

22 minutes ago, ivosaurio said:

im asking because i have been constantly training players with player traits for a few seasons, and i have a few players with 7-8 different traits. i wouldn’t say i have noticed any negatives from this, but i don’t think i could really notice because i don’t have a reference. so can anyone tell me if i’ve been stunting my players development ever since i started the save or is it fine? 

obviously, i’m talking about “complimentary” traits that suit the player’s attributes and don’t contradict each other, because i could see the clear disadvantages of training both “plays short simple passes” and “likes to switch the ball” 

There are two big issues with training lots of traits onto players:

1. It takes away from key development time, as their training is focused on the trait instead of attributes
  2. Too many traits can mess up your tactics 

I usually try to train a trait only if it is really necessary ie. to cover up for a deficiency in a player or if I'm trying to get an exact tactical element out of him. You can use mentoring groups to transfer traits you want onto young players for "free," which I would recommend whenever possible.