Use generative AI to enhance Press Conferences and Interviews

Dear Sports Interactive Team,

As an ardent fan of the Football Manager series and a seasoned game designer, I've always admired your commitment to delivering a realistic and immersive football management experience. Football Manager 2024 has once again raised the bar, but I believe there is room for further innovation—specifically through the integration of generative AI in press conferences and interviews.

While these interactions are integral to the gameplay, they can sometimes feel repetitive or formulaic. Implementing generative AI could offer several benefits:

Dynamic Interactions: Generative AI can create unique, situation-specific questions and responses, ensuring that each interview and press conference remains engaging and fresh.

Increased Realism: By considering factors like team performance, player morale, and transfer rumors, AI-generated dialogue can capture the intricacies of real-world sports journalism.

Tailored Player Personalities: Generative AI could develop more nuanced player personalities, resulting in diverse and believable reactions to press conferences, and interviews.

Context-Aware Comments: Additional comments would no longer be a dangling capability, rather they could increase the impact of player morale and public perception on management decisions, adding depth to the game's strategy.

I understand that incorporating generative AI would require careful balancing to maintain the game's realism, but I firmly believe the investment will elevate Football Manager 2024 to new heights. Your commitment to innovation, combined with this cutting-edge technology, has the potential to redefine the sports simulation genre.

Thank you for considering my proposal. I look forward to seeing how Football Manager continues to evolve in the years to come.

Thought of by a fan. Composed by generative AI

Or how about no?

A few good dialogue writers who are into footie, a quest/dialogue designer and a programmer could accomplish the same thing working full-time, and I know many writers and game designers out there in need of a full-time job that a billion dollar corporation like SEGA could afford hiring, so I suggest hiring a couple more writers instead.

A game that uses AI to write dialogue faster or create artwork faster (regardless of whether an artist was involved or not) is straight off my list, and if you truly are

13 hours ago, oluwaseyeayinla said:

a seasoned game designer

you should support hiring of more of your colleagues, not making them redundant. If you are in the industry, you've been seeing your colleagues, especially writers, artists and voice actors, made redundant.

Your argument could be "You don't understand, it still takes a writer to make this work and maintain it."
Yes, I understand, but it takes less people long term, meaning someone could've gotten those jobs writing dynamic variations of dialogue and having fun with them, but they aren't. Instead of 2 people working on that, it can be done by 1 person + AI.

Now, who profits? Will that 1 person get the salary of 2 people? Will they get a double raise? No, they won't. SEGA profits, game designers, writers and artists lose job opportunities with each suggestion like yours, while maximizing the profits of already rich owners.

This would be vital, an ia that really reacts to what is going on in the world would be amazing, also I guess cause for many memes and laughs at first but it would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

I also wish interviews were more expanded, I know the answers we choose in the interviews already have an impact on our team/opponent/players/staff but I wish there was more impact, not only on the team but other things as well, make us players be more careful on which question we choose, make us think twice before we choose the answer, right now there's just too much repetitive questions and answers being asked so you can basically fly through the interview without any consequence, also job interviews, these also need expanding in my opinion. 

Sure it should be very restrained to be sure it stays serious and on-point but it's a great idea. It's clear to me press conferences end up being redundant very soon in the save with entirely pre-made questions and answers, and I'd like to feel like I express myself, that's part of immersion and realism.

The levels of questions/answers do need to be heavily expanded but not sure AI is the way forward.

i do feel it’s a vital part of the game by attending press conferences though, therefore it needs improvement.

• 2 weeks later...
Il 2/6/2024 in 23:23 , oluwaseyeayinla ha scritto:
Thought of by a fan. Composed by generative AI

We've all thought this for a few years now. We've been waiting for this kind of breakthrough, not just in FM but in video games in general. It's so obvious that it should be implemented that it feels almost redundant to ask for it.