Counties of England as Countries

Has anyone ever gone about creating a database where the English national team gets broken down into its respective Counties which all compete as there own national team?

If not, is this possible, would i be able to do this whilst keeping all original countries (except England obviously), how would i create such a database?

It wouldn't be possible while keeping all original countries. The issue is you can't create new countries. You can only rename existing ones. People typically use extinct countries for custom stuff like this. but there are only 23 extinct countries that you could use. Some of them aren't useable either due to hardcoded stuff, eg. Pays Basque wouldn't really be useable due to the hardcoded links with Athletic Bilbao. So probably only 15-16 countries you could use, if that. So unless you're willing to scrap some real countries to turn into English counties too you wouldn't have enough to fit them all in.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It wouldn't be possible while keeping all original countries. The issue is you can't create new countries. You can only rename existing ones. People typically use extinct countries for custom stuff like this. but there are only 23 extinct countries that you could use. Some of them aren't useable either due to hardcoded stuff, eg. Pays Basque wouldn't really be useable due to the hardcoded links with Athletic Bilbao. So probably only 15-16 countries you could use, if that. So unless you're willing to scrap some real countries to turn into English counties too you wouldn't have enough to fit them all in.

thanks for that, i was looking through the editor last night, but i couldnt work out how to add extinct countries (like soviet union) to existing competitions (like the world cup)

18 hours ago, jim owen said:

thanks for that, i was looking through the editor last night, but i couldnt work out how to add extinct countries (like soviet union) to existing competitions (like the world cup)

You need to give them a continent. Have a look around here for a topic about the resource archiver, you need to use that to unlock the ability to edit continents first.

You'll probably also need to edit the World Cup Qualifiers themselves. While adding a continent to extinct nations should be enough to pick them up, most continental qualifiers are set for a fixed number of teams so won't pick up any more than that. IIRC Asia is the most flexible and accommodates new countries the easiest. Europe has an extra issue with the Nations League. It's set for specific teams, so you'd need to edit that to add any new teams in as well. The Euro Quals are set for a fixed number (53 teams) and are linked to the Nations League so would need to be edited too.

If you want to know how to edit/look at rules for international competitions, here's a guide on how to do so: https://community.sports-interactive.com/forums/topic/540347-how-to-extract-continental-club-and-international-files-from-editor-tutorial/

Sorry I don't have the resource archiver guide to hand, but you should be able to find it around here somewhere.

1 hour ago, rusty217 said:

You need to give them a continent. Have a look around here for a topic about the resource archiver, you need to use that to unlock the ability to edit continents first.

This method worked for me in FM24, I recommend you to check that out first.