Why FM24 is not getting Euro 2024 mode?

Are you planning to make a change this year and release a Euro 2024 mode for FM24?

Can't there be an update with the option to start the game on the start date of the tournament and the current squad of the national teams?

2 dakika önce, FrazT said:

At this stage in the FM 24 cycle, there's little likelihood of any further official update

I realise that, but Euro 24 is an important tournament and FM is a football simulation game. There must be a reason why an add-on like this shouldn't be in the game. A licence issue or something else.

11 minutes ago, fmdirektor said:

I realise that, but Euro 24 is an important tournament and FM is a football simulation game. There must be a reason why an add-on like this shouldn't be in the game. A licence issue or something else.

To my knowledge, there have never been official tournament updates mid-cycle, so that may be because of licensing or even that implementation is not commercially worth it.

2 hours ago, fmdirektor said:

Are you planning to make a change this year and release a Euro 2024 mode for FM24?

Can't there be an update with the option to start the game on the start date of the tournament and the current squad of the national teams?

Maybe editors can make an update, but don't count on an offical release.

I would have liked a mode like that, but licensing issues is the reason. The closest we can get is by importing national teams into Versus Mode.

I do wish SI would give Versus Mode some more customization options, though. Like making your own groups instead of letting the game do that. That'd be too late for Euro 2024, however.

I can't post links to other sites here, but its possible other, independent fan forums have created, using things like in-game editors, time-lapsing etc., save files where you are straight at the tournament.

But SI have never done this.

Biggest barrier by far is likely licensing. Since historically there have been world cup or euros specific games or at least licensed integration for a themed mode I doubt the money people at UEFA would allow it. 

How it currently appears in game versus what you're outlining are very different things from both a development and legal perspective.