Spanish citizenship for non-EU citizens

Go to the player's page, then Overview->Information. Right side of screen, in the middle, lists nationality progress. It's only 730 days in Spain but it has to be continuous.

It is also worth remembering that just because a player is eligible for citizenship in a new country, doesn't automatically mean that they will apply.  Some countries do not allow dual citizenship and make the player give up their initial citizenship if they want to apply for another. The player would also have to consider what advantages there would be for him to get citizenship as well as the advantages for the club.

16 hours ago, FrazT said:

It is also worth remembering that just because a player is eligible for citizenship in a new country, doesn't automatically mean that they will apply.  Some countries do not allow dual citizenship and make the player give up their initial citizenship if they want to apply for another. The player would also have to consider what advantages there would be for him to get citizenship as well as the advantages for the club.

Point taken in general but for the Spanish/Lat Am thing all of those countries allow dual I believe, and I would hope the game has it coded that EU citizenship is always desirable ASAP for a player playing in Europe, or who would like to play in Europe, as it allows you to not count towards foreign limit in Spain and Italy.  

On 05/06/2024 at 17:37, NineCloudNine said:

Go to the player's page, then Overview->Information. Right side of screen, in the middle, lists nationality progress. It's only 730 days in Spain but it has to be continuous.

730 days in Spain for guys from most Latin American countries (like Chile).  10 years if they're coming from anywhere else.  And yeah, continuous.  IIRC you can take a small break (less than a few months) and have it still count as continuous.  IE, if you're an Italian team you could sign a Chilean, loan him to a club in Spain, then he comes back in July, then in August you loan him to Spain for another year, that month gap doesn't break the continuous.

However, be careful about screwing up what I once screwed up... there is an unpredictable lag (like IRL) between hitting the 2 year mark and actually getting the paperwork finalized.  As a Spanish club I once signed an Argentine, he spent 2 years with me, then I sent him to my affiliate in Belgium thinking he had spent his 2 years in Spain he was EU now.  Nope.  He hit 2 years but didn't have paperwork done yet, so him leaving the country before paperwork was done reset everything to zero...  womp womp

• 5 weeks later...
Il 07/06/2024 in 02:07 , nms1987 ha scritto:

Point taken in general but for the Spanish/Lat Am thing all of those countries allow dual I believe, and I would hope the game has it coded that EU citizenship is always desirable ASAP for a player playing in Europe, or who would like to play in Europe, as it allows you to not count towards foreign limit in Spain and Italy.  

730 days in Spain for guys from most Latin American countries (like Chile).  10 years if they're coming from anywhere else.  And yeah, continuous.  IIRC you can take a small break (less than a few months) and have it still count as continuous.  IE, if you're an Italian team you could sign a Chilean, loan him to a club in Spain, then he comes back in July, then in August you loan him to Spain for another year, that month gap doesn't break the continuous.

However, be careful about screwing up what I once screwed up... there is an unpredictable lag (like IRL) between hitting the 2 year mark and actually getting the paperwork finalized.  As a Spanish club I once signed an Argentine, he spent 2 years with me, then I sent him to my affiliate in Belgium thinking he had spent his 2 years in Spain he was EU now.  Nope.  He hit 2 years but didn't have paperwork done yet, so him leaving the country before paperwork was done reset everything to zero...  womp womp

Now a year has passed, I have an Argentinian player who played his first year at Real Madrid. The second year I signed him at Atletico and now we are at the beginning of his third season in Spain. Will he take citizenship soon?

On 06/07/2024 at 13:38, luciano9429 said:

Now a year has passed, I have an Argentinian player who played his first year at Real Madrid. The second year I signed him at Atletico and now we are at the beginning of his third season in Spain. Will he take citizenship soon?

On overview>Information it should say something about how many days a guy has had in a country, and how many days he has left to go.  If he has completed the amount of days required but is still waiting on citizenship it should say "awaiting paperwork."   I think that takes a month or two maybe, but it varies and is unpredictable (which I like, as an honest reflection of the IRL bureaucracy!)