Before buying the game

Hi everyone,

I'm an 'old' FM player, and the last version I played was the 2012 one.

Back in the day, using the advanced editor and doing more or less what you wanted with it was a real obstacle course, but that seems to have changed over time. That's why I would have liked to try the game and its "pre-game editor" before possibly deciding to buy and play FM again.

I installed and reopened an old inactive account on Steam, to download the FM 2024 demo. So far so good, and the game launches correctly.

I then wanted to install the pre-game editor, by following the instructions, that is to say by going to my Steam library, then checking "Tools". Unfortunately, the pre-game editor does not appear anywhere...

Is this normal?
Is it because I only have the demo version?
Is the pre-game editor only downloadable on Steam if I first have purchased the full game?
Or is it because my Steam account is considered a new account and therefore limited?
Or could it be something else?
In any case, is it possible to test the pre-game editor before deciding whether or not to purchase it?

Finally, before leaving you, I'd like to know if the pre-game editor really allows us to do things like activate and make playable very very low level championships (like maybe a 10th division or worse) in almost any country in the world, or to create a global/world/intercontinental competition bringing together any clubs around the world? Even though this competition brought together all the clubs on the planet in its first round ? These are things that I had managed to do in FM 2012 and without which the game would not interest me.

Thanks to all for your help!

1 hour ago, benji008 said:

I'd like to know if the pre-game editor really allows us to do things like activate and make playable very very low level championships (like maybe a 10th division or worse) in almost any country in the world, or to create a global/world/intercontinental competition bringing together any clubs around the world? Even though this competition brought together all the clubs on the planet in its first round ? These are things that I had managed to do in FM 2012 and without which the game would not interest me.

Yes you can still make lower leagues in any nation.

1 hour ago, benji008 said:

I then wanted to install the pre-game editor, by following the instructions, that is to say by going to my Steam library, then checking "Tools". Unfortunately, the pre-game editor does not appear anywhere...

No, you cannot use the pre-game editor while playing the FM24 demo.

On 07/06/2024 at 20:43, benji008 said:

Thank you XV20 :) I guess I don't have very much of a choice but to buy the game then, if I wanna try all of this out !

Let us know how you get on! Don't forget you can visit the Editors part of the forum, much of what you might think of doing has already been done most likely.

Em 10/06/2024 em 17:21, MichaelNevo disse:

What do you propose they do in the mean time?

if he really wants just buy it.

if its not priority than just play FM23 wich was free in some places