Grade's Reimagined UEFA Club Competitions - Beta Version

(This is still in the Beta version)

Intro
Since announcing the new Champions League format, after spending a real rollercoaster of emotions with the Super League shenanigans, I saw modern football heading a way I didn't like. I saw (still see) these reforms as a way of a Super League branded by UEFA and also maximizing money as much as they can and benefiting few at the top clubs.

So I decided to look around the web to see if I was the only one who thought like me, not for validation of my point of view, but for the general opinion of football fans. I came to several conclusions. 
- The first is that a league where you don't play every team in it makes no sense to me, may it be a normal league or Swiss-style concept. 
- Secondly, I always hated any easy pass for clubs, direct access to group/league stages as you play certain leagues, I'm more of a meritocracy kind of guy. If you want to play in the Champions League, then prove it on the field.
- Thirdly, everything about this new concept isn't all bad... I liked the idea of a team facing more different teams than the normal 3 teams twice (despite I liked this system too).
- Finally, I always believe there should be a differentiation between all 3 European club competitions.

With those in mind, I came up with a format for all three competitions.

The Competitions

UEFA Champions League
1st Qualifying Round - 256 teams enter this stage - 128 games
Winners go to the next phase
Loosers qualify for First Round of UEFA Europa Conference League

2nd Qualifying Round - 128 teams - 64 games
Winners go to the Group Stage
Loosers qualify for the Qualifying Round of the UEFA Europa League

Group Stage - 8 groups of 8 teams (64 teams) - 1 round (7 games in total)
1st & 2nd - Qualify for the next phase (Round of 16)
3rd & 4th - Qualify for the Playoff round of the Europa League joining the top 2 winners of each group of the Europa League group stage.
5th & 6th - Qualify for 4 Round, joining the winners of Round 3 of the Europa Conference League
7th & 8th - Are eliminated

Round of 16 - 16 teams - 8 games
Losers are eliminated

Quarter Finals
Losers are eliminated

Semi-Finals
Losers are eliminated

Final

UEFA Europa League
Qualifying Round - The losers of the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Champions League qualify for this stage - 64 teams - 32 games
Losers are eliminated

Group Stage - 8 groups of 4 teams (32 teams) - 2 Rounds (6 games in total)
1st & 2nd - Qualify for the next Phase (Playoff)
3rd & 4th - Are eliminated

Playoff - 32 teams - 16 games (winners of previous round (16 teams) & 3rd and 4th of Champions League Groups stage (16 teams))
Losers are eliminated

Losers are eliminated

Quarter Finals
Losers are eliminated

Semi-Finals
Losers are eliminated

Final

UEFA Europa Conference League
1st Round - The losers of the 1st Qualifying Round of the Champions League qualify for this stage - 128 teams - 64 Games
Losers are eliminated

2nd Round - 64 teams - 32 Games
Losers are eliminated

3rd Round - 32 teams - 16 Games
Losers are eliminated

4th Round - 32 teams - 16 Games (winners of the previous round (16 teams) & 5th and 6th of Champions League Groups stage (16 teams))
Losers are eliminated

Losers are eliminated

Quarter Finals
Losers are eliminated

Semi-Finals
Losers are eliminated

Final

The Qualifying Places
7 teams (top 6 + Cup Winner)
England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Belgium

6 teams (top 5 + Cup Winner)
Turkey, Scotland, Czechia, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Norway

5 teams (top 4 + Cup Winner)
Israel, Greece, Ukraine, Serbia, Poland, Croatia, Cyprus, Hungary, Sweden, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Azerbaijan, Slovenia

4 teams (top 3 + Cup Winner)
Moldova, Kosovo, Kazakhstan, Finland, Republic of Ireland, Armenia, Latvia, Faroe Islands, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Malta, Georgia

3 teams (top 2 + Cup Winner)
Albania, Estonia, Belarus, North Macedonia, Andorra, Wales, Montenegro, Gibraltar, San Marino

1 team (Cup Winner)
Liechtenstein

Notes
-Russia is not included in this, as I follow the official UEFA and FIFA decision to ban them.
-I also included coefficients, but it seems these aren't working due to a bug (so I was told and read here in the forums). I was unable to confirm if this is working.
-The UEFA Europa Conference League is technically a normal knockout Cup, but I maintained the name to be consistent with the official logo in-game)
-The prize money, try to follow the official numbers as you reach certain points in the competitions, but I didn't include the TV money side of things.
-The Super Cup isn't working... nor do I miss it. So I haven't redone it.
- The new World Club Cup remains unchanged and works.

I hope you enjoy this. I tested this until 2033, and it seems to be working as it should. I'm still a newbie regarding the Advanced Rules and officially releasing a file here. I may take a while to fix things if they do arise. Please be patient, thanks.

Special thanks to \'Appy \'Ammer feedback without his invaluable help, I would not be able to do this file. A special shoutout to many others who have helped me over the years.

Grade

16/07/24 - New version (V0.9.4.1) available!

Advanced UEFA 2024 - V0.9.4.1.fmf

Edited by grade

5 horas atrás, grade disse:
(This is still in the Beta version)

Intro
Since announcing the new Champions League format, after spending a real rollercoaster of emotions with the Super League shenanigans, I saw modern football heading a way I didn't like. I saw (still see) these reforms as a way of a Super League branded by UEFA and also maximizing money as much as they can and benefiting few at the top clubs.

So I decided to look around the web to see if I was the only one who thought like me, not for validation of my point of view, but for the general opinion of football fans. I came to several conclusions. 
- The first is that a league where you don't play every team in it makes no sense to me, may it be a normal league or Swiss-style concept. 
- Secondly, I always hated any easy pass for clubs, direct access to group/league stages as you play certain leagues, I'm more of a meritocracy kind of guy. If you want to play in the Champions League, then prove it on the field.
- Thirdly, everything about this new concept isn't all bad... I liked the idea of a team facing more different teams than the normal 3 teams twice (despite I liked this system too).
- Finally, I always believe there should be a differentiation between all 3 European club competitions.

With those in mind, I came up with a format for all three competitions.

The Competitions

UEFA Champions League
1st Qualifying Round - 256 teams enter this stage - 128 games
Loosers qualify for First Round of UEFA Europa Conference League

2nd Qualifying Round - 128 teams - 64 games
Loosers qualify for the Qualifying Round of the UEFA Europa League

Group Stage - 8 groups of 8 teams (64 teams) - 1 round (7 games in total)
1st & 2nd - Qualify for the next phase (Round of 16)
3rd & 4th - Qualify for the Playoff round of the Europa League joining the top 2 winners of each group of the Europa League group stage.
5th & 6th - Qualify for 4 Round, joining the winners of Round 3 of the Europa Conference League
7th & 8th - Are eliminated

Losers are eliminated

Quarter Finals
Losers are eliminated

Semi-Finals
Losers are eliminated

Final

UEFA Europa League
Qualifying Round - The losers of the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Champions League qualify for this stage - 64 teams - 32 games
Losers are eliminated

Group Stage - 8 groups of 4 teams (32 teams) - 2 Rounds (6 games in total)
1st & 2nd - Qualify for the next Phase (Playoff)
3rd & 4th - Are eliminated

Playoff - 32 teams - 16 games (winners of previous round (16 teams) & 3rd and 4th of Champions League Groups stage (16 teams))
Losers are eliminated

Losers are eliminated

Quarter Finals
Losers are eliminated

Semi-Finals
Losers are eliminated

Final

UEFA Europa Conference League
1st Round - The losers of the 1st Qualifying Round of the Champions League qualify for this stage - 128 teams - 64 Games
Losers are eliminated

2nd Round - 64 teams - 32 Games
Losers are eliminated

3rd Round - 32 teams - 16 Games
Losers are eliminated

4th Round - 32 teams - 16 Games (winners of the previous round (16 teams) & 5th and 6th of Champions League Groups stage (16 teams))
Losers are eliminated

Losers are eliminated

Quarter Finals
Losers are eliminated

Semi-Finals
Losers are eliminated

Final

The Qualifying Places
7 teams (top 6 + Cup Winner)
England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Netherlands, Portugal, Belgium

6 teams (top 5 + Cup Winner)
Turkey, Scotland, Czechia, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Norway

5 teams (top 4 + Cup Winner)
Israel, Greece, Ukraine, Serbia, Poland, Croatia, Cyprus, Hungary, Sweden, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Azerbaijan, Slovenia

4 teams (top 3 + Cup Winner)
Moldova, Kosovo, Kazakhstan, Finland, Republic of Ireland, Armenia, Latvia, Faroe Islands, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Northern Ireland, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Malta, Georgia

3 teams (top 2 + Cup Winner)
Albania, Estonia, Belarus, North Macedonia, Andorra, Wales, Montenegro, Gibraltar, San Marino

1 team (Cup Winner)
Liechtenstein

Notes
-Russia is not included in this, as I follow the official UEFA and FIFA decision to ban them.
-I also included coefficients, but it seems these aren't working due to a bug (so I was told and read here in the forums). I was unable to confirm if this is working.
-The UEFA Europa Conference League is technically a normal knockout Cup, but I maintained the name to be consistent with the official logo in-game)
-The prize money, try to follow the official numbers as you reach certain points in the competitions, but I didn't include the TV money side of things.
-The Super Cup isn't working... nor do I miss it. So I haven't redone it.
- The new World Club Cup remains unchanged and works.

I hope you enjoy this. I tested this until 2033, and it seems to be working as it should. I'm still a newbie regarding the Advanced Rules and officially releasing a file here. I may take a while to fix things if they do arise. Please be patient, thanks.

Special thanks to \'Appy \'Ammer feedback without his invaluable help, I would not be able to do this file. A special shoutout to many others who have helped me over the years.

Grade

Advanced UEFA 2024 - V0.9.2.fmf 18.86 kB · 3 downloads

umm actually i really think that UEFA should never abolished Intertoto Cup at some point

Good work @grade. Love the concept, maybe you should get a job at UEFA 😎.

My two cents (again!) that you might want to look at. You've listed 3 rules in Europe > Continent > Fixture Rules (Rule 0 for ECL, Rule 1 for EL, Rule 2 for ECfL). But when you look at UEFA Champions League > Fixture Times and Rules > Fixture Rules it is reading -1, which is the default setting. This means your rules are not being implemented. You will need to put the corresponding number of your rule to replace the -1 in each competition. The same applies for the discipline rules if you changed them.

My other point is the finals are all played at the stadium of the home team. You have set it to be a neutral stadium in the stage 6 > Round 0, Final, but this also needs to be in the fixture dates section. Currently you have that set to home which seems to be the dominant instruction. You may also want to play around with the Stadium Rules section in each of your competitions, where you can set minimum stadium sizes, host nations etc. Feel free to examine my UEFA REBOOTED 80s file if you need any guidance on it. 

:applause:

1 hour ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

My other point is the finals are all played at the stadium of the home team. You have set it to be a neutral stadium in the stage 6 > Round 0, Final, but this also needs to be in the fixture dates section. Currently you have that set to home which seems to be the dominant instruction. You may also want to play around with the Stadium Rules section in each of your competitions, where you can set minimum stadium sizes, host nations etc. Feel free to examine my UEFA REBOOTED 80s file if you need any guidance on it. 

That issue sounds so familiar, it plagued me in the Iron Curtain 2020 as well :)

1 hour ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

My two cents (again!) that you might want to look at. You've listed 3 rules in Europe > Continent > Fixture Rules (Rule 0 for ECL, Rule 1 for EL, Rule 2 for ECfL). But when you look at UEFA Champions League > Fixture Times and Rules > Fixture Rules it is reading -1, which is the default setting. This means your rules are not being implemented. You will need to put the corresponding number of your rule to replace the -1 in each competition. The same applies for the discipline rules if you changed them.

This kind of help on these forums is invaluable. One of the reasons I keep coming back here (the others are the awesome mods and the awesome people)

2 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

I will have a look at those. Thanks for the feedback. :D

To give the heads up, a new version of this file is now available, in the first post.

It fixes the issue \'Apply \'Ammer brought to my attention a few weeks ago. Thank you yet again for coming to my rescue. :D

And I was told there was a bug in the selection squad, which I also fixed.

Just a heads up, if you find any issues post them here, and I will try my best "amateur" way to fix them.

Also, thank you to those who downloaded to try my wild idea.