(FM24) Red Sun Rising - A Tokyo Soccer Story

8 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Sell-on fee

6d887b07b95e0962961493f01fd7c1aa.png

LOOK AT IT! That beautiful, beautiful cash. Michal has gone right into the first team as well, what a move for him and us! I'll look at upgrading what we can, also try to get our own damn stadium.

Realistically - what can/does that kind of money buy you here?! It’s an insane amount but I know you’ll use it wisely. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Deisler26 Have you found the market for Japanese Players expensive? Also Does Japan actually have a national team in your save? In my save Japanese players are bought and sold at relatively high prices for mediocre players in their late 20's or early 30's. And there seems to be a business going in 18-Year-olds after they sign their first contract at relatively high prices as well. Nobody really has enough Homegrown players to make registration rules for the squad without problems. I am in 2027.

In my save I have all Asian Countries in the game and all leagues and the Top 5 European Countries top two leagues and Argentina and Brazil Top Leagues on View, about 90,000 players

13 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Realistically - what can/does that kind of money buy you here?! It’s an insane amount but I know you’ll use it wisely. 

I will be looking at as many upgrades as possible to be honest. Also a new stadium, as I'm fed up with ground sharing.

Player-wise, we can bring in the best in Japan if I wanted, but I hate spending money on players. All in all, it will depend on the off season as we have a lot of WNT's on our top players.

11 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

@Deisler26 Have you found the market for Japanese Players expensive? Also Does Japan actually have a national team in your save? In my save Japanese players are bought and sold at relatively high prices for mediocre players in their late 20's or early 30's. And there seems to be a business going in 18-Year-olds after they sign their first contract at relatively high prices as well. Nobody really has enough Homegrown players to make registration rules for the squad without problems. I am in 2027.

In my save I have all Asian Countries in the game and all leagues and the Top 5 European Countries top two leagues and Argentina and Brazil Top Leagues on View, about 90,000 players

Japan has finally got a National team on my save, it usually takes until regens take over (2031). I am getting quite high prices for mediocre players (£625k for a player who wouldn't make J3 IMO) I haven't seen the 18 year olds to be honest, but then I'm not on the hunt for them.

popupRSR.png.9f10efe73c2fc7ed46274fac971513bd.png

2031 Season Review

A gruelling season, starting off appallingly, turned around around midseason which meant we finished 12th out of 20 and in good shape for the next season. We floundered hugely until we picked up some more solid replacements . Top scorer was club legend Takumi Imei, netting just 13 goals, with Daisuke Higuchi leading the way with 8 assists. We finished 16th overall in Goals Scored as we really struggled to find the net, but we did brilliantly to end up with our Goals Conceded putting us 7th  overall, despite the poor start and general mediocre play.

Our offseason business is going to be strengthening for our sophomore Meiji Yasuda J1 campaign. We were really poor to begin with last season, but with the run-in we had, it might mean that we're OK without reinforcements. We have our feeder club now, so we're looking at sending out some youth to the JFL this coming season. 

6c7d2a4161843be454fb07940ebd1c82.png

Akuma and Hideo, two old friends who had seen countless seasons come and go, sat in their usual corner of the Sercow and Hornet pub, the place where they had shared their joys and frustrations for decades. This evening, the mood was a mix of relief and lingering frustration as they discussed their beloved team’s first season in the J1 League. "Well, we did it, Hideo," Akuma said, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. "We survived our first season in the top flight. But it wasn’t easy, was it?" Hideo nodded, his expression serious. "No, it wasn’t. Those early cup exits were tough to swallow, and that poor start to the season had me worried we’d be heading straight back down to J2."

Despite their relief at surviving, the friends couldn't help but grumble about some of the decisions that had been made along the way. The sale of a few fan-favorite players had left a bitter taste in their mouths. "Selling off some of our best players… it felt like a betrayal," Akuma grumbled. "They were the heart of the team, the ones who got us promoted in the first place." Hideo sighed, taking a sip of his beer. "I understand the financial side of it, but it was hard to watch them go. Especially when the replacements took so long to gel. We were in the relegation zone for what felt like forever," he added, shaking his head at the memory of those tense early months.

But as the season progressed, the team began to find its footing, and the two old men couldn’t deny the satisfaction of seeing their team claw its way to safety. "We showed real fight in the second half of the season," Hideo said, his tone softening. "The young players stepped up, and the team started playing with the grit we knew they had." Akuma nodded, a proud smile finally breaking through. "It wasn’t pretty, but we survived, and that’s what counts. First season in J1, and we live to fight another day." As they raised their glasses to toast the hard-earned survival, the friends knew that, despite the ups and downs, this season had been a victory in its own right.

popupRSR(3).png.fdbc9e297d58566c5e5490af52d7db03.png

2031 Season

Goalkeepers.

efca9bf425f6c24f03e23852b0e2a646.png

Accurate passing for once from our goalkeepers? Madness. Ignacio Garcia was one of the top goalkeepers in the J1 last season so he'll be vital next season 

Defenders.

73405c9d9e791d69df646ea9a207ab78.png

Our Crossing was poor this season, which is not good for us, but our Aerial prowess is still one of the best in the league and our Tackling has improved for once.

Midfielders.

490b33ea5ac1445b94f6281447a4331b.png

Shohei Ishii is top of all our stats for Midfielders this season and a key piece in our jigsaw.

Attackers.

e1069cc40853990a3627370bf700c261.png

Our NPxG is horrific this season and only our Aerial is any good from the forwards last season.

2 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

2031 Season Review

A gruelling season, starting off appallingly, turned around around midseason which meant we finished 12th out of 20 and in good shape for the next season. We floundered hugely until we picked up some more solid replacements . Top scorer was club legend Takumi Imei, netting just 13 goals, with Daisuke Higuchi leading the way with 8 assists. We finished 16th overall in Goals Scored as we really struggled to find the net, but we did brilliantly to end up with our Goals Conceded putting us 7th  overall, despite the poor start and general mediocre play.

Our offseason business is going to be strengthening for our sophomore Meiji Yasuda J1 campaign. We were really poor to begin with last season, but with the run-in we had, it might mean that we're OK without reinforcements. We have our feeder club now, so we're looking at sending out some youth to the JFL this coming season. 

Really strong first season in J1. Armed with money, you're now going to grow the club and become even stronger! I'm really enjoying this read!

56 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Really strong first season in J1. Armed with money, you're now going to grow the club and become even stronger! I'm really enjoying this read!

But it's WHAT to buy, really. I can just spend money, but do I have enough to a) keep the good players after I buy them and b) are there actually good enough players around without wildly overspending

popupRSR(5).png.ff5b174341a0b00d82b14185156fb728.png

2031 Season Review

We managed to double up on titles as we ended up finishing 1st in the Prince Takamudo U-18 Premier League . We went from promotion to winners in just a season, proving how good our U-18 side is, compared to a lot of Japan. My issue comes is that very few people look like they can graduate to the first team right now. But we'll still wait and see. However, top scorer Satoshi Nagai will be starting for the first team next season.

f2903dd69511d395976283638ce533da.png

Red Sun Rising - Season 10

Clawed my way up, hanging on by my fingertips...

Survival was the key last season. However, this year, the board are going big with wanting to Finish in Midtable in conjunction with competing in the latter stages of both the J.League Cup and the JFA Emperor's Cup. We were given a £10m warchest and a £50k wage budget, but with scope to improve it all. We had got our feeder club, although I'm hoping a) they get promoted or b) our rep improves for us to get a J3 side.

News

9da1ddac6200af711216d9b3f4cec608.png

We sold over 4,000 shirts more than last season, with Shohei Ishii's shirt outselling Takumi Imei's for the first time. Loan signing Nakamura's shirt selling well too, along with goalie Garcia. The real shock was backup winger Abdou Lo finishing 5th! Our Senegalese connection must be flogging those shirts by the ton!

c078d76d2847cd1a7383f5ab29059ed8.png

Well, some consolation, I suppose. We didn't get a single red card last season

1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

But it's WHAT to buy, really. I can just spend money, but do I have enough to a) keep the good players after I buy them and b) are there actually good enough players around without wildly overspending

Pick a player or two that you want to have (preferably from other J1 teams) that play roles you want to improve. Keep most of your players from this team in their same roles. Use your youth that you aren't sending on loan as backups. Use most of the money to upgrade the Club infrastructure (Training and Youth Facilities, Youth Recruiting, and Junior Coaching). So that the club becomes sustainable.

As for the aim of this season aim for midtable comfortably out of the relegation battle.

11 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

I know exactly what you mean and it's something I've struggled to get to grips with in a tycoon takeover. I know that it worked for Maidenhead with Max Kilman but I'd be shocked, in real life, if a Saudi team agreed to that kind of deal or that a J1 team would have that kind of money. But, whatever you do, enjoy spending it or saving it in the bank!

9 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Pick a player or two that you want to have (preferably from other J1 teams) that play roles you want to improve. Keep most of your players from this team in their same roles. Use your youth that you aren't sending on loan as backups. Use most of the money to upgrade the Club infrastructure (Training and Youth Facilities, Youth Recruiting, and Junior Coaching). So that the club becomes sustainable.

As for the aim of this season aim for midtable comfortably out of the relegation battle.

The infrastructure and getting our own stadium is my #1 priority. Other than that, I'll react as and when.

12 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I know exactly what you mean and it's something I've struggled to get to grips with in a tycoon takeover. I know that it worked for Maidenhead with Max Kilman but I'd be shocked, in real life, if a Saudi team agreed to that kind of deal or that a J1 team would have that kind of money. But, whatever you do, enjoy spending it or saving it in the bank!

This is probably my first full save in years actually buying players as usually I like to go youth only, so I'll continue to look for bargains i think.

I like the lengths you go to keep things realistic, both in terms of tactics, but also navigating our board-related events and hidden attributes.

Expanding your affiliation network could be a long-term positive push.

2032 NxGn Awards

c4f1cdffed49ec78af49723a777120e4.png

Wow! Look at it! Two of our Senegalese imports are in the NxGn Top 50, and in the top half too! Gotta be unheard of for a Japanese club, surely!

#14  c322193c8f1034920fa7c2a3627e06c9-removebg-preview.png.cc66986a954b0f5aca4c2ab7536bb199.png Abdou Lo, 18, M/AMR  He was a backup last season, but with his popularity amongst fans and his award, he'll need to play more to capitalise on his talent

#22  38b21e86c9837d119a3be568f39f86e4-removebg-preview.png.bc524f8c79e1794ad530deb09f911bb7.png  jean-Francois Mane, 19, D/WB/M/AML  Our amazing left-back just sneaked in before his 20th birthday, he's been excellent for us ever since his arrival.

21 minutes ago, BillHoudini24 said:

I like the lengths you go to keep things realistic, both in terms of tactics, but also navigating our board-related events and hidden attributes.

Expanding your affiliation network could be a long-term positive push.

I need to grow our rep tbh, we're still only getting JFL or lower clubs for recommendations

popupRSR(6).png.3e240cd1095655591e6253921cf08728.png

End of March 2032 Transfer Window.

I don't think I'm giving away too much when I say we've started disastrously. Four straight defeats have anchored us to the bottom of the league and we lost some major pieces to our first team before the season started. F**k's sake. We'll again start with the departures to show what we've lost.

Transfers

OUT

80ddc4fa75cba98989ea19a15c08c2ed-removebg-preview.png.6921cfdd70f74c596d6f83dfd3d0e73e.pngIgnacio Garcia, 20, GK (£6.5m, rising to £14m, Al-Ettfaq)  This sucks. Our keeper gone to Saudi in a mega deal. I knew we couldn't keep him, I was just hoping for another season with him.

1c20da9bfaf4a86329bd3cabb47cd9b2-removebg-preview.png.2a72406514318474540a02ab76685686.pngIbrahima Cisse, 21, DM/MC (£3.5m, OGC Nice)  Our starting BWM is now no more, stolen by a French club. Luckily, we had enough cover to allow him to go for a profit

1fcfb6b075e374c9bff5acd6d585b6de-removebg-preview.png.7a49d7ac085491c442ff4cfd81b0bf90.png Sang-Hoon Yang, 24, DC (£750k, Gangwom FC)  He made two appearances in three years at the club and ultimately fell foul of our FGN rule. 10x profit works though..

029ceef62418d8aa14d17cdba4a7ce02-removebg-preview.png.16e2d2bba3f491320b190a3b2b71db26.png Shohei Ishii, 21, MC/ST (£8m, Al-Khaleej)  Our record cash sale so far. I didn't want to let him go, but the money was too good for him. Enjoy Saudi, my friend...

eb58768a01ad735f8393d248b9242e1d-removebg-preview.png.ec434b3940a057e9834299ded79316ff.png  Genta Yamaguchi, 20, DC (£600k, Sagan Tosu FC)  He was never making it here, so a great deal for a player that would otherwise would have been released.

687bfc8fa1cc837fd028d78012af6bf9-removebg-preview.png.5d226d2b183ba655ce0b433522b553d7.png  Ryo Kawamoto, 24, DM/MC (£1.4m, Nagoya Grampus Eight)  On the road again after just one season back, I'd picked up some cover so he would stunt Ando's groeth.

IN

6fdab4004ea31f38bd98e0ae0ec47ab3-removebg-preview(1).png.dc739357dc83ac22d951015e32ec9ddc.png  Jitti Masuk, 22, DM/MC (Free Transfer, Buriram Utd)  This Thai superstar is our Cisse/Kawamoto replacement and he looks every inch the part.

c025dc4f3f2df332b6aedf847fc9b366__1_-removebg-preview.png.69c044bfaed6cd8838f5510d72858e98.png  Kota Nakamura, 23, DC (£3m, Kashima Antlers)  A successful loan spell led to us paying out a record transfer fee for this defender.

56efad13508e57fb6f4fc9c5ba956e64-removebg-preview.png.87fe1930151c92ef9a9d2902f061ece4.png  Lucas Torlaschi, 28, GK (Free Agent)  I was truly hoping that Lucas has taken Japanese citizenship, however he hadn't. He knows us and our system though, so he's a good backup

6550ebc3a52ba57b60c49cd745a27f2a-removebg-preview.png.54cf0ca0dab31e095c97770f922dc4e8.png  Daiki Okabe, 19, M/AMR (Free Transfer, Kashima Antlers)  A bit of a punt on this guy for free. He'll need a season or two on loan, but he could be good.

0e29c39a015d6d3720c21d3276c0e98d-removebg-preview.png.8ac93b7ae61f907215d153d1efe5de79.png  Akio Chiba, 23, ST (£38k, Jublio iwata)  Love a returning player, me. We needed a better TF than Takahashi as a third choice TF and Chiba was transfer-listed.

Out of Africa

8dc54c9cdd8d391df1cdfab8bee6ccf3-removebg-preview.png.ed874e7d573e4793744825c290638cc4.png  Landing Diouf, 23, MRL/AMRC/ST (£110k, Casa Sports)  Senegal's own Adama Traore, sales in baby oil went up 200% after this signing. He'll be vital this season

TAKEOVER NEWS!

f16f3bf963bc770abe66cc12b8f1e375.jpg

Press Release: Kuniaki Fujisawa Acquires Tokyo Metro Ota City for £60 Million

Tokyo, Japan – August 13, 2024 – Tokyo Metro Ota City is pleased to announce that 45-year-old business director Kuniaki Fujisawa has completed the acquisition of the club from retiring chairman Tsuyoshi Sugai in a deal valued at £60 million (11 billion yen). Fujisawa, a seasoned entrepreneur with a proven track record in corporate leadership, has expressed his vision to take the club to new heights, including the ambitious goal of floating Tokyo Metro Ota City on the stock market in the near future.

Fujisawa, who has built his reputation on innovation and strategic growth in various industries, sees this acquisition as a unique opportunity to elevate the club both on and off the pitch. "I am honored to take the reins of Tokyo Metro Ota City at such a pivotal moment in its history," said Fujisawa. "This club has a strong foundation and passionate fan base, and I am committed to building on the success that Tsuyoshi Sugai has achieved. My goal is to not only ensure continued success in the J1 League but also to establish Tokyo Metro Ota City as a financially robust and globally recognized club."

Under Fujisawa’s leadership, the club will embark on a strategic plan aimed at expanding its commercial footprint, enhancing fan engagement, and securing long-term financial stability. Central to this strategy is the intention to float Tokyo Metro Ota City on the stock market, a move that would make it one of the few publicly traded football clubs in Japan. "Floating the club on the stock market will allow us to raise capital for further investment in our squad, facilities, and global outreach," Fujisawa added. "It will also give our supporters and the wider community a unique opportunity to be a part of the club’s journey. Together, we will work towards making Tokyo Metro Ota City a powerhouse in Japanese football."

The club extends its heartfelt gratitude to Tsuyoshi Sugai for his years of dedication and leadership, which have seen Tokyo Metro Ota City rise from the lower leagues to establish itself in the J1 League. As Sugai steps down, he leaves behind a legacy of resilience and progress, confident that the club is in capable hands under Fujisawa’s stewardship.

For further information, please contact the Tokyo Metro Ota City press office at press@tokyometro-ota.jp or visit our website at www.tokyometro-ota.jp.

041de8d89341b07eabfc5d312a168ea7.png

2f500d72cd5ea4610cbc85fa7dc9ceb2.png

437f3a56cabfdcad0304cdcd6005dea5.png

b39e52f0ca3a3ebb5dd1acbd74f6e0dc.png

3 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

Wow! Look at it! Two of our Senegalese imports are in the NxGn Top 50, and in the top half too! Gotta be unheard of for a Japanese club, surely!

#14  c322193c8f1034920fa7c2a3627e06c9-removebg-preview.png.cc66986a954b0f5aca4c2ab7536bb199.png Abdou Lo, 18, M/AMR  He was a backup last season, but with his popularity amongst fans and his award, he'll need to play more to capitalise on his talent

#22  38b21e86c9837d119a3be568f39f86e4-removebg-preview.png.bc524f8c79e1794ad530deb09f911bb7.png  jean-Francois Mane, 19, D/WB/M/AML  Our amazing left-back just sneaked in before his 20th birthday, he's been excellent for us ever since his arrival.

You've sold the east-African conveyor belt with this alone! I also love him...

2 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

8dc54c9cdd8d391df1cdfab8bee6ccf3-removebg-preview.png.ed874e7d573e4793744825c290638cc4.png  Landing Diouf, 23, MRL/AMRC/ST (£110k, Casa Sports)  Senegal's own Adama Traore, sales in baby oil went up 200% after this signing. He'll be vital this season

Posted (edited)

Dilemma (feat Nelly & Kelly)

This is the entire crux of our issues @Hootieleece, @_Ben_.

This Thai international, Chitsan Sri-aroon  would very much improve our team for a continental football finish in Japan. He'd be comfortably the best player in the team and would have a lot of influence over the team. And he can be got for free at the end of his contract from Buriram United. Sounds simple right?

Until you get to his demands

85c78e8c1f4ac9cc0129b52b6144496d.png

Let's look at these in detail. 

• Will expect to be considered amongst the most noteworthy players at the club - Erm.. That's easy enough, but the play as many matches as possible is hard, due to the scheduling.
  • Would want a wage of between £23.5k and £29.5k p/w - Get out of here! This would over TREBLE our highest earner and be responsible for almost half of our current wage bill. Not to mention, other players would be seeking raises to keep up with him as highest earner.
  • Would want a long term contract until 31/12/2036 - Happily. A long term deal would be excellent for us
  • Would want a minimum fee release clause of £3.7m which would expire on 19/8/2035 - Another sticking point. Yes, it expires, but in 3 years time and until then, we are absolutely powerless if someone comes in with a totally cheap offer, when he would be double that, IMO
  • Will use him in preferred position as a central midfielder with a deep lying playmaker role - We don't use a DLP and to be honest, the DLP role would not fit our formation as we would have to change the BWM role to a BBM, which would mean all our players that are trained for the role, would need to be re-trained at a development cost
  • Qualify For the AFC Champions League Elite next season - The double-edged sword. Yes, he would help, but I would need to spend more money to bring in players good enough to win the title. It's not happening.

So this is the issue, I can get good enough players to help me win, but is it at the cost of the team or our budgets? I'm not convinced.

[EDIT] This was the contract he signed with Urawa Red Diamonds...

a008b21c5bf81f397f7bb96b2ab430dc.png

Farrrr too rich for my blood

Edited by Deisler26

Most players who would significantly upgrade your roster ask for a million things. As long as they're not locked in (which can also be negotiated btw), you can always remove them in the "pre-offer" screen.

If that way of handling agents feels unrealistic to you, that's another topic, but the demands of the player above are completely nuts and no player of that level would have the nerve to come up with something like this, salary excluded.

32 minutes ago, BillHoudini24 said:

Most players who would significantly upgrade your roster ask for a million things. As long as they're not locked in (which can also be negotiated btw), you can always remove them in the "pre-offer" screen.

If that way of handling agents feels unrealistic to you, that's another topic, but the demands of the player above are completely nuts and no player of that level would have the nerve to come up with something like this, salary excluded.

To be brutally honest, if I was negotiating, his salary would sky rocket as I'm not one for bonuses etc and I don't think his agent would accept a £15m release clause.

End of August 2032 Transfer Window.

Well, we soared to just below the continental qualification spots...and then crashed. We've had such an up and down season, that we haven't had an opportunity for a settled team, due to being in both cups too. We're busy juggling resources in the face of bad form and injuries (as ever), but we're keeping it together and I'm convinced we wont be relegated, but we are concentrating on the cups this season.

Transfers

OUT

3cdde8e832e867a08ec8215212c9cf56-removebg-preview.png.2985bcba8087bc930795ca5e696816e3.pngIbrahima Dieme, 20, M/AMC (£2.3m, FC Metz)  We made yet more profit on our Senegalese players, offloading Dieme for £2.1m profit to France.

beae4e0b2affe945699964516fe77cef-removebg-preview.png.3ee1b1946bcd34714e840cceece4fbe1.png Hiroshi Mine, 23, DC (£2m, Zheijang FC)  He was pursued all transfer window, but our J3 success story was a victim of us trying to get better for the run in in the end.

7a50dde4246dd2908ea645689e4a2e94-removebg-preview.png.6bf241b85bb959aac3a68c57fa02ab16.png Papa Dieng, 24, DR (£500k, Vegalta Sendai FC)  Another profit maker, he is the third player to join them from us, making us £475k profit

IN

f1e228df2a26cf0ad502cc12d8133789-removebg-preview.png.2cd101dd40956be06972004c194d5644.pngMirai Iba, 19, M/AMC (£1.2m, Cerezo Osaka)  One in, one out as Iba replaces Dieme on the backup MC slot.

82e3c2af4ca8874316950b908c5f27d1-removebg-preview.png.565227594dbd6bba9e090506ccc17371.pngSatoshi Nakamura, 23, D(£3.9m, Albirex Niigata)  Our record signing, he took the vacant 6 from Mine's departure and if he doesn't work out, I'll move him to the right back position

The Satoshi Nakamura signing is really out of my comfort zone. He's only 5'7" and cost a lot of money, but I do believe that he can match up against the shorter Japanese strikers we come up against, plus if he gets regularly beaten, there will be a right back spot for him to move into.

7 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

The Satoshi Nakamura signing is really out of my comfort zone. He's only 5'7" and cost a lot of money, but I do believe that he can match up against the shorter Japanese strikers we come up against, plus if he gets regularly beaten, there will be a right back spot for him to move into.

Hmmm, me too! I ran the data for the aerial success rates of the T2 Big 5 leagues and this is what I got:

df9f09e14b9d3bb74b5fd1863255e74a.png

Obviously, we're not up against smaller than average Japanese strikers but, yeah. However, he's actually really good at heading and no slouch physically, which I think will absolutely help him should he need to get into a battle. Do you just play 'standard' defend centre backs or use Stopper/Cover?

On 30/08/2024 at 18:45, _Ben_ said:

Hmmm, me too! I ran the data for the aerial success rates of the T2 Big 5 leagues and this is what I got:

df9f09e14b9d3bb74b5fd1863255e74a.png

Obviously, we're not up against smaller than average Japanese strikers but, yeah. However, he's actually really good at heading and no slouch physically, which I think will absolutely help him should he need to get into a battle. Do you just play 'standard' defend centre backs or use Stopper/Cover?

Standard at the minute. I'm not considering changing to S/C yet.

popupRSR(13).png.7b736de3f221e796c50cb76a6b13d5f4.png

OIP__3_-removebg-preview.png.394ea2732dc28426df519fc7751359a9.png

b9271d5e959de35724432d91172227e6.png

I wouldn't normally put up about International friendlies, but we have a whopping 6 players in the Japan U-21 side. 

r-2002124313.thumb.png.9d12034aa2b6f486bafbddb73c2ea7ea.png Satoshi Nagai, 17 (Academy Product)       6a131f737809d980c7888b86343d0e2a-removebg-preview.png.c0f9724d4f339f584d5da56806653ac6.png Masaki Hiroshito, 16 (Academy Product)

r-2002124256.thumb.png.3a9033e29dc0e1823f6b59c10ad566c6.png Takuma Terao, 17  (Academy Product)        r-2002116522.png.fedaf86e994d63038672e53ed60fa2ca.pngGoji Suzuki, 17 (Academy Product)

kazuya-removebg-preview.png.ed88e40d4756f467bfb05a943b35885a.png Kazuya Oguri, 18 (£800k, Hiroshima)           r-2002124066.png.8b532948def08602339e687ecc8c1558.pngShingo Iwai, 17 (Academy Product)

The most important thing is that 4 of the six are involved in the first team, with Terao as the first choice right back and Suzuki as the backup, with Hiroshito, the third choice BWM, but has had a lot of game time this season due to injuries and, finally, Kazuya Oguri as the backup left winger and our only signing. Nagai and Iwai are still in the U-18's and need more seasoning before going on loan next season.

Edited by Deisler26

popupRSR(7).png.3def1aa65948dc08c1aadced8d0ab053.png

Uncharted Territory!

hattrick.png.f5128a4410cf59bfcb55c032db640870.png

Tokyo Metro Ota City Stun Urawa Red Diamonds 4-3 to Reach First-Ever JFA Emperor’s Cup Final

In an unforgettable night of football, Tokyo Metro Ota City secured a dramatic 4-3 victory over Urawa Red Diamonds after extra time, booking their place in the JFA Emperor’s Cup final for the first time in the club’s history. Striker Hideki Ishizaki, so often a backup this season, was the hero of the evening, netting a sensational hat-trick that included a crucial 87th-minute equalizer and the winning goal deep into extra time. The match, played in front of a roaring crowd, was a rollercoaster of emotions, showcasing both teams' determination and grit in a relentless contest.

Urawa Red Diamonds, one of Japan's most storied football clubs, appeared to have the upper hand for much of the match. They opened the scoring early, capitalizing on a defensive error by Ota City’s backline. Despite being pegged back by an Soto Nakamura goal in the 25th minute, Urawa responded swiftly, restoring their lead just before halftime. Ota City struggled to find their rhythm, and when Urawa extended their advantage to 3-1 in the 56th minute, it seemed as though their hopes of reaching the final were fading fast.

However, Tokyo Metro Ota City showed remarkable resilience in the face of adversity. Pushing forward with a renewed sense of urgency, the team clawed a goal back in the 65th minute, once again through the deadly finishing of Ishizaki, who was a constant thorn in Urawa’s defense. The tension in the stadium mounted as the clock ticked down, and with just three minutes left of regular time, Ishizaki completed his brace with a stunning equalizer. His perfectly placed shot from the edge of the box sent the game into extra time, breathing new life into Ota City’s cup dream.

Extra time proved to be a tense affair, with both teams creating chances but struggling to break the deadlock. Just as the match seemed destined for penalties, Ishizaki struck again in the 116th minute to complete his hat-trick. Latching onto a pinpoint through ball by Thiam, he fired the ball past the Urawa goalkeeper with ice-cold composure, sending the Ota City fans into rapturous celebration. It was a fitting climax to a pulsating encounter that will live long in the memory of everyone associated with the club.

For Tokyo Metro Ota City, this victory marks a historic milestone. Reaching the Emperor's Cup final for the first time in their history is a testament to the team’s growth and determination. Manager Shinji-San Shihanin praised his players for their resilience and highlighted Ishizaki’s talismanic performance as the key to their success. As Ota City prepare for the final, they do so with renewed belief, knowing they are just one game away from lifting Japan's most prestigious domestic trophy.

Edited by Deisler26

What a big win against a powerhouse team in Japan! Looks like they're now about to make history of getting their first domestic cup title! This is definitely gonna be amazing if they can win the Final and qualify to the AFC Champions League Elite for sure! Good luck in the Emperor's Cup Final!

3 hours ago, sherwinriga said:

What a big win against a powerhouse team in Japan! Looks like they're now about to make history of getting their first domestic cup title! This is definitely gonna be amazing if they can win the Final and qualify to the AFC Champions League Elite for sure! Good luck in the Emperor's Cup Final!

Many thanks for your support during! It's been a decade, let's see if we can pick up some major silverware

popupRSR(6).png.8a512cf247e0d42963e66b318f50ecc1.png

2032 Youth Intake

6da3d75d9128c240983063c33ee8c72a.png
40e4223d5a932c4d67732de3728b2795.png

I have to say, 2* talent at induction in J1 is pretty nice with also three Elite prospects to make our decisions on who to pick easier. Let's look at our Top 3 candidates 

1. 5abeb5f8d7087aa5ad138c6f03c816c9-removebg-preview.png.1021c0ccd91ae1fbf2233dfc4149f4ec.png Shuta Yoshimoto, 16, GK - Another one off the goalie conveyor belt. No idea if he'll make it, but he'll have every opportunity.

2. 8cfed26b2adf142b74331ab3c6fb604b-removebg-preview.png.04a9e24bcaab6e8b1d0da8cd2b5212f6.png Shinjuku Ito, 15, M/AMC - Loving this guy. We'll take our time hothousing him in the Under-18's, before sending him out on loan

3. 9cc6b3d60880e30809b3b43a372f9760-removebg-preview.png.70d9d8b1132ab06f14c9debea71e7d25.png Tatsuya Nemoto, 15, ST - We need a striking prospect, but I'm unconvinced he could be first-team material

popupRSR(1).png.438e8732fe384661ca365c9ed5a3b021.png

The Curious Case of Kentaro Otsuka

I was doing my yearly post-intake run through of players with expiring contracts, seeing if they were worth extending or just resigning myself to letting them go, when I came across the following in our Reserves..

09f8a2e9910fbac899c3a8fbe64303e6-removebg-preview.png.735a8e0d27e429f20840cd6e1a5aabbf.png Kentaro Otsuka, 19, M/AMR

At first glance, I was ready to let him go. Kentaro Otsuka seemed like a player who wasn’t going to make the cut for the team. From a quick glance, his skills didn’t stand out compared to other players. As a result, the decision to release him seemed inevitable. 

However, upon taking a deeper look into his stats, a different picture emerged. His Pace and Acceleration were one of the best in the league. Otsuka also had 17 for Determination which would help with development up to his age 21 season. Also, his Agility, Balance, Flair and Technique were all within the 12-13 range, with his Dribbling, Work Rate and Off The Ball also in double figures. Now, this didn't take away the fact that apart from the afore-mentioned Dribbling and Technique, he didn't have a single other Technical stat in double figures. Which, as a winger, is not the best. However, his Player Traits shone too, with Runs Down the Right, Tries Killer Balls Often, Curls Ball and Looks for Pass all being excellent for a chalk-dust-on-the-boots winger.

Recognizing these hidden strengths, I decided to offer him a new contract with a different vision in mind. Otsuka’s potential as a late-game substitute, bringing fresh legs and a searing pace when others tire, made him a valuable asset for the bench.I see him as a Shaun Wright-Phillips style player, lots of pace, but not much technical ability. Now, with his new deal signed, Otsuka can focus on proving his worth as a reliable, game-changing option off the bench.

popupRSR(13).png.7b736de3f221e796c50cb76a6b13d5f4.png

OIP__3_-removebg-preview.png.394ea2732dc28426df519fc7751359a9.png

f5b0965c7b5830b991754b3a0248cbe6.png

We've leapt from eight players called up in September, to FOURTEEN in Novemeber

Nine players called up to various levels of the Japan national team setup, our resident Senegal first teamers and the recent Thai import.

Japan U-23's

r-2002135599.png.7cb01794e9bf0c723293c953baabf060.pngYuki Uruno, 19, GK (Academy Product)                  uehara-removebg.png.2702e33f523643c787057d319d54127e.pngKazunori Uehara, 17, DRC. (Academy Product)   

Japan U-20's

049177d7aa65d742088d497dd7de6518-removebg.png.5bd00258dc727acc5bf227c1b99bed7d.pngMirai Iba, 19, M/AMC. (£1.2m, Cezeno Osaka)  89038a76c8031a25ab9005b07bc9eb5c.png  Masaki Hiroshito, 16, D/DM/MC. (Academy Product) 

308fac67ae3e7b5e99f9cedc60a23a98.png Hiromi Umada, 19, DRC. (Academy Product)       Matsumoto-removebg.png.a014b365ec875e868effaceab26bbf95.png Akira Matsumoto, 17, ST. (Academy Product) 

c426966daae9f0e3572ec8ff9b8d3df4.png Hokuto Hanya, 19, M/AMC. (Academy Product)     400dcc0c6ea91d304858d8dc048e95fe.png Masaki Uchino, 16, GK. (Academy Product) 

Japan

nakamura-removebg.png.cc60f222c5d2ba3f4fc267099d6a9a6e.png Kota Nakamura, 24, DC/DM. (£3m, Kashima Antlers) 

Edited by Deisler26

22 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

2. 8cfed26b2adf142b74331ab3c6fb604b-removebg-preview.png.04a9e24bcaab6e8b1d0da8cd2b5212f6.png Shinjuku Ito, 15, M/AMC - Loving this guy. We'll take our time hothousing him in the Under-18's, before sending him out on loan

3. 9cc6b3d60880e30809b3b43a372f9760-removebg-preview.png.70d9d8b1132ab06f14c9debea71e7d25.png Tatsuya Nemoto, 15, ST - We need a striking prospect, but I'm unconvinced he could be first-team material

These two, in particular.

*Chefs kiss*

6 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

These two, in particular.

*Chefs kiss*

Ito is very much the future star. The 'issue' I have is that I have a ton of players in this position and it'll take a while to go through the players in order to give him game time.

Nemoto needs to develop as a 5'6" player with his talent profile. I don't have much room for a target man, whose too small for it.

popupRSR(5).png.ff5b174341a0b00d82b14185156fb728.png

2032 Season Review

We managed to retain the Prince Takamado U-18 Premier League title, which is just more proof that our youth academy is delivering the goods for us. I think we need a little more investment in our youth facilities to really push our academy graduates to being the overriding force in Japanese academy football. 4 of our top 5 performers made appearances in the first team this season, with Masaki Hiroshito leading the way. Only Norio Masaki didn't graduate to a first team appearance, but being only 16, that's no real issue. Also, Ryo Sano and Kota Okada only appeared in the last two games of the season after we were safe from relegation.

6ee85dff8c5956ccfb68295fae9fa6da.png

1. talo_shirt-removebg-preview.png.653da0f6069f685f185d60af14a84aa9.pngStanley Talo, 18, M/AMC  (P21, 12G, 15A, 7.95)

2okada-removebg-preview.png.6cf82cb5c77442a0460d1e3c528b816c.pngKota Okada, 17, ST (P37, 26G, 9A, 7.63)

3. sano_shirt-removebg-preview.png.935cc61cd6d5347597678c8640d40b0f.pngRyo Sano, 17, M/AMR (P35, 9G, 19A, 7.53)

4. Hiroshito_shirt-removebg-preview.png.7b221a0c6b81cae9ec7474e37098bb80.png Masaki Hiroshito, 17, DM/MC/ST  (P14, 8G, 5A, 7.51)

5. Norio Masaki, 16, M/AML  (P36, 16G, 12A, 7.42)

Edited by Deisler26

popupRSR(7).png.3def1aa65948dc08c1aadced8d0ab053.png

1 Jan 2033
Emperor's Cup JFA 113th Japan Football Championship
The National Stadium, Tokyo
15:00 K/O

pic.png.0cbb6ec4b0f9a7ba97173a9d68ad5b62.pngTokyo Metro Ota City 1-2 FC Tokyo FC_Tokyo_Logo.svg-removebg-preview(1).png.50f269c8286ee2eb59f8090dc5498623.png (a.e.t)

In a thrilling 2032/33 JFA Emperor's Cup Final, first-time finalists Tokyo Metro Ota City were heartbreakingly beaten 2-1 after extra time by FC Tokyo. Despite Ota City's early lead and valiant effort, it was FC Tokyo's late resurgence that sealed their cup triumph.

The underdogs, Ota City, stunned the crowd with a lightning-fast start. In just the second minute, a perfectly weighted through ball from Takumi Imei split the FC Tokyo defense wide open, allowing Mohamed Thiam to calmly slot the ball past the goalkeeper. Ota City’s only shot on target in the first half gave them a surprising 1-0 lead. Despite FC Tokyo dominating possession for much of the half, they struggled to break down Ota's compact and disciplined defense. The favorites were limited to half-chances, unable to truly test Ota keeper Tomoki Matsunaga, who had little to do. Ota City's defensive shape, combined with Imei's creative play, looked to be causing FC Tokyo problems going into the break.

Ota City's momentum suffered a significant blow when both Takumi Imei and Jitti Masuk were forced off due to injuries at halftime. This change disrupted their rhythm, and FC Tokyo seized the opportunity, introducing Shun Okada early in the second half. Okada, a player who had been on Ota manager's radar for some time, immediately made an impact with his creative play in midfield, dictating the tempo and probing for openings. As the game progressed, FC Tokyo turned up the pressure, while Ota City struggled to find the attacking fluency they had shown in the first half. Ota City brought on Kentaro Otsuka in the final 15 minutes of normal time, and his performance on the right wing became a nightmare for FC Tokyo's left-back. Otsuka constantly drove down the flank, delivering dangerous crosses, but the Ota City forwards couldn't capitalize on his excellent work.

With Ota City tiring, FC Tokyo finally broke through in the 88th minute. Shun Okada, who had been pulling the strings on the right side of midfield, twisted and turned past his marker before delivering a precise low cross into the box. Hiroshi Nakagawa, FC Tokyo’s prolific striker, was in the right place at the right time to tap home his 28th goal of the season, leveling the match at 1-1 and sending the game into extra time. In extra time, both teams fought hard, but FC Tokyo’s quality began to show. The breakthrough came in the 114th minute, when Okada, now the hero of the match, ghosted into the box to meet a deep cross with a towering header. Matsunaga managed to get a hand to it, but could only help it into the roof of the net, sealing a 2-1 victory for FC Tokyo.

Despite a courageous performance and an early lead, Ota City's injuries and FC Tokyo's late-game brilliance proved too much to overcome. For FC Tokyo, it was a triumphant return to glory, while Ota City can hold their heads high after a historic run to their first-ever JFA Emperor’s Cup final. However, their fairytale story ended in heartbreak, as FC Tokyo's experience and depth made the difference on the day.

55b5624e28c75414196c445b2299dc5c.png

No shame to lose to the most dominant Emperor's Cup team of the last five years. Our idea about using Otsuka late on for attacking was genius as he was brilliant for us, despite only coming on for the last 15 mins of the match. If Imei had not been forced off by injury or Morishige had been more clinical, we could have been talking about a famous victory.

Edited by Deisler26

popupRSR(8).png.38b7d56450c7fd2fc8a0f4b7d4434e47.png

2032 Campaign

First Round

First Leg

(J3) Tochigi FC  0-4 Tokyo Metro Ota City (J1)

A Satoshi Nagai double had us easily winning the first match against lower-league opposition

Second Leg

(J1) Tokyo Metro Ota City 2-3 Tochigi FC (J3) (Tokyo Metro win 6-3 on aggregate)

A very poor second leg. We were 0-3 down by the time Nahoto Ishikawa netted for us midway through the second half to kill off the comeback. Tobori netted late on to make it look more comfortable,

Second Round

First Leg

(J1) Tokyo Metro Ota City 1-3 Shonan Bellmare (J2)

Jesus wept, we were so poor in this match. We had a glimmer of hope when Satoshi Nagai netted to make it 1-2, but they scored again last on.

Second Leg

(J2) Shonan Bellmare  0-2p Tokyo Metro Ota City (J1) (Tokyo Metro win 5-3 on pens, 3-3 on aggregate) 

We pulled out all the stops and put the first team in for this one. Takumi Imei's two quick-fire first half goals in the 39th and 43rd minutes put us back on level terms, then it was Matsunaga's two penalty saves that put us through.

Round of 16

First Leg

(J1) Tokyo Metro Ota City 2-1 Tokyo Verdy 1967 (J1)

A first senior goal from Masaki Hiroshito put us on the path and Takumi Imei scored what proved to be the winner on 73 minutes.

Second Leg

(J1) Tokyo Verdy 1967  1-1 Tokyo Metro Ota City (J1) (Tokyo Metro win 3-2 on aggregate) 

Takumi Imei's goal gave us the win.

Quarter Final

First Leg

(J1) Tokyo Metro Ota City 1-1 Nagoya Grampus (J1) 

We were pegged back in the second half injury time by a thunderbastard goal, after 

Second Leg

(J1) Nagoya Grampus 2-2p Tokyo Metro Ota City (J2) (Tokyo Metro win 3-1 on penalties, 3-3 on aggregate) 

We performed the great escape here, with Mirai Iba netting an 83rd minute penalty under extreme pressure to take us to extra time and Abdou Lo netting a minute into ET, but we were pegged back just before 105 mins. It took a lot of misses, but we managed to beat them on pens, with Lo stroking home the winning penalty

Semi Final

First Leg

(J1) Tokyo Metro Ota City 2-1 Kyoto Sanga FC (J1) 

A brilliant win for us. An early goal by Hideki Ishizaki put us on the path and Tsubasa Ando's coolly-taken penalty on 65 mins saw us on the brink of our first ever cup final.

Second Leg

(J1) Kyoto Sanga FC 0-2 Tokyo Metro Ota City (J2) (Kyoto win 3-2 on aggregate) 

AGAIN AGAIN AGAIN!! We threw away a lead and went out with a whimper. We may need a Viagra as we can't seem to make it past a semi...

popupRSR(7).png.ecb00ac991ed32f891a0954875705cce.png

First Round

(J1) Tokyo Metro Ota City 3-1 Renofa Yamaguchi (J2)

A simple enough win.

Second Round

(J1) Tokyo Metro Ota City 3-0 Blaublitz Akita (J3)

3-0 up by 30 mins, we strolled the rest of the game on autopilot

Round of 16

(J2) Vegalta Sendai 0-3 Tokyo Metro Ota City (J1)

We only pulled away in the second half, but easily did so.

Quarter Final

(J1) Tokyo Metro Ota City 1-0 Tokyo Verdy 1967 (J1)

Dumped out of both cups by us, they must be kicking themselves. Mohamed Thiam scored the winning goal near the end of the first half

Semi Final

(J1) Urawa Red Diamonds 3-4 Tokyo Metro Ota City (J1) (a.e.t)

An insane match, where we were 1-3 down and I was screaming about losing yet another semi final. But Hideki Ishizaki's hat-trick, including the 87th minute equaliser and 116th minute winner saw us through to our first ever final.

Final

(J1) Tokyo Metro Ota City 1-2 FC Tokyo (J1) (a.e.t)

A very early goal by Mohamed Thiam gave us an early lead, but we gradually lost our way and deserved our loss in the end

2032 Season Review

Much like last season, it was a gruelling season. It started off OK, turned bad around midseason and we came back strong to finish which meant we finished 11th out of 20. Being in two cups and having to rotate our team meant that we had a lot of disturbances in the first team. We also didn't frustrate our opponents as much, seeing our drawn matches drop from 16 to 6, winning three more matches than last season and losing seven more! Top scorer was club legend Takumi Imei, netting one more league goal than last season, with 14 goals, with Landing Diouf leading the way with 15 assists. We finished 3rd overall in Goals Scored as we really stepped up this season, but we were pretty disastrous on the back end to end up with our Goals Conceded putting us 15th  overall.

Our offseason business is going very, very interesting. We have a LOT of interest in our good players and I think a lot of our time will be spent trying to cover holes and replace any losses, rather than being able to build on this season. We do, however, have a 47-man squad of players who could conceivably play a part next season, so decisions will have to be made. We'll be looking at the cups again as our main source of attention, so we'll need a big enough squad to cover this. I am also looking at improving our facilites, getting a new stadium and a decent enough feeder club as Atletico Suzuki are not the best level at JFL and I can't really track the players' improvements. My other idea is to perhaps try to build a 4-1-4-1 formation that will hopefully allow us to be more responsible defensively, and have our target forward as the sole forward

6c7d2a4161843be454fb07940ebd1c82.png

Akuma and Hideo sit in their usual corner of the Sercow and Hornet pub, glasses in hand, their spirits dampened by the weight of a difficult season. Their football team, which had soared to its first-ever cup final, fell at the final hurdle, leaving the two old men to commiserate over what might have been. Adding to the frustration, the team was knocked out in the semi-finals of the league cup, a bitter pill to swallow after coming so close to glory. A late run of good results spared them from a truly dismal season, lifting the club to a safe mid-table finish, but the overall sense of missed opportunities lingers heavily over their conversation.

As they sip their drinks, Akuma and Hideo can't help but reflect on the bright spots of the season, particularly the influence of the club’s Senegalese players. Young star Landing Diouf, in particular, has been a revelation, winning the Best Young Player award and offering hope for the future. Diouf’s energy and skill in midfield have been a joy to watch, and his presence has given the team an edge that neither Akuma nor Hideo could have predicted. The two old men raise their glasses in appreciation of the talent that has emerged, acknowledging that without players like Diouf, the season could have been far worse.

Still, amid the praise, there are darker murmurs circulating among the fanbase—and echoed quietly between the two friends—that the current manager may not be the one to take the team forward. Despite the moments of brilliance, there’s a growing feeling that the tactical decisions and leadership haven’t lived up to the team’s potential. Akuma and Hideo exchange knowing glances, both reluctant to say it outright, but the question hangs in the air: is it time for a change at the helm? As they finish their drinks, they wonder if their beloved team can truly progress without new direction, or if another season of missed chances awaits them.

Edited by Deisler26

popupRSR(3).png.fdbc9e297d58566c5e5490af52d7db03.png

2032 Season

Goalkeepers.

33d4e5569532846a2fcbc3c56459ce34.png

Tomoki Matsunaga was the main guy this season and he wasn't amazing, although his passing was much improved.

Defenders.

689b56aa06b7a9619cdd9c3362fe5934.png

We had a lot of our defenders in very mid-range stats this season. Mane was the guy leading the team in Crossing, even if it was inaccurate

Midfielders.

2063a8e59a44aac0a8f28aaf6bf40d81.png

Having Lo and Diouf on the wings has really supercharged our creative play from the wings, but it's Mohamed Thiam that is the most accurate passer with the ridiculous outlier of Jitti Masuk bottoming out on the low number of progressive passes.

Attackers.

2afcd03616f810e910750781dfa31d7a.png

Imei and Chiba lead the Aerial stats with Nauto Ishikawa taking the xG and efficiency plaudits

Team.

662dd588191ec070e768f1c96a098348.png

So we overperformed our xG, but vastly under performed our xPts and xPosition. Interesting. We're the best set piece team in the league (thank you, training) along with one of the biggest crossers of the ball. This is really gratifying, however we do need to improve the accuracy of said-crossing, it seems. Defensively, we're shocking, with a leaky defence with a lot of work to do. 

2032 Awards

f74076dc34e1f43de909196802900da9.png

1. 8dc54c9cdd8d391df1cdfab8bee6ccf3-removebg-preview.png.ed874e7d573e4793744825c290638cc4.png  2. lo_shirt-removebg-preview.png.f70b0a5895b4c4647d44e1c0640ecbf7.png 3. 547a657c0a5223b41c1df0cb713ae1d7-removebg-preview.png.9cd1211728041a2d462cc4d30fef0d85.png

A wonderful end to the season as our Senegalese Itai doushin swept the board at the J1 Best Young Player award. 

Edited by Deisler26

Red Sun Rising - Season 11

Highway to the Danger Zone

Not only did we fail to achieve our league target last season, this year the board are going big with wanting to Finish in the Top 5 in conjunction with competing in the latter stages of both the J.League Cup and the JFA Emperor's Cup. I am really worried that I might actually be fired this season as we surely can't finish in the top 5 this season.  We were given a £40m warchest and a £502k wage budget, which is insanity and I don't think I'll use much of any of it.

News

4e9666f5093bf7e28b730c9338bcff71.png

We sold over 800 shirts more than last season, with the legend Takumi Imei taking back the top spot. Kota Nakamura's shirt sold well once again and the Senegalese Itai doushin took spots 3-5

6113fbd1618f265cc4ae5ec08a3ab64a.png

Amazing. We've got an upgrade out of our tight arse chairman!