Keep a League Semi-Pro

oJMPx

In my fantasy Taiwan baseball structure, the 2nd division is a semi pro league

How can i keep all the team Semi-Pro? With amateur i can select "Always Amateur" as the professional status

Is there a was to keep all 11 teams semi-professional?

1 hour ago, oJMPx said:

In my fantasy Taiwan baseball structure, the 2nd division is a semi pro league

How can i keep all the team Semi-Pro? With amateur i can select "Always Amateur" as the professional status

Is there a was to keep all 11 teams semi-professional?

My guess would be that it is based on reputation, you could examine some of the other leagues that act like this(e.g. Hong Kong First Division act like this in my memory, teams promotes become professional, others all semi-pro), if I have time later, I would look into it.

On 11/06/2024 at 18:23, Bentfi said:

My guess would be that it is based on reputation, you could examine some of the other leagues that act like this(e.g. Hong Kong First Division act like this in my memory, teams promotes become professional, others all semi-pro), if I have time later, I would look into it.

It works sometimes. In this save I am unemployed, went on holiday for 5 seasons and set auto save yearly.

Jul 2027 Sham Shui Po relegated from Hong Kong Premier League

image.thumb.png.6940840d2fdf6a5022b11551a7be8590.png

Their professional status is professional

ssp_pro.thumb.png.b3b7449c11495ecd8a69b5f03480a14f.png

Jul 2028 Sham Shui Po failed to promote

image.thumb.png.52108fed19ee12a5fe5f40e882c00f4a.png

Their professional status is Semi-Professional after a year

ssp_semi_pro.thumb.png.ae6ba7717deaed563e8aca9151ba27cf.png

Another top flight team Hong Kong U23s was also relegated in Jul 2025 and subsequently promoted in Jul 2026, I checked its professional status on Jul 2025, Dec 2025 and Jul 2026 all are professional, yet when I checked the reputation of the clubs, Hong Kong U23s is even lower than Sham Shui Po.

I believe there are 2 explanation to this:

1. League reputation is not low enough, so demoting professional status takes more than a year
  2. Professional status is not only dependent on league reputation

I believe that Sham Shui Po is a proof of concept that maybe league reputation is the deciding or at least main factor and further investigation in league reputation is less likely to be a waste of time.