Euro 2024 on FM24!

EURO 2024 is nearly one week away and I noticed there were no databases available to play the tournament with the real-life groups and final confirmed squads on Football Manager 2024. So I took to FM to do what I could to create the final squads.

The approach is far from perfect, but it does at least help anyone who wants to have a crack at EURO 2024 to do exactly that!

Short of using the in-game editor, which I don't have, the only way I could see to do this was to take control of all the countries at EURO 2024 and manually select their final squads. I created managers of all the nations - except for the hosts Germany, which isn't available to manage in the game due to licensing issues. I then advanced to the initial squad selections, the final squad selections, and then created a couple of save points shortly before the Euros.

With that in mind, a few caveats apply to these save files and squad selections, including:

• Albania:
    • Jasir Asani not available in my database
    • Medon Berisha rejected to represent the nation
  • Austria
    • Romano Schmid injured
  • Belgium
    • Axel Witsel retired and rejected a return request
  • Georgia
    • Giorgi Gvelesiani not in the game
    • Solomon Kverkvelia not in the game
  • Germany is unmanageable on FM24
  • Netherlands
    • Mark Flekken injured - replaced with the highest-ability goalkeeper available, Andries Noppert
  • Poland
    • Sebastian Walukiewicz injured
  • Ukraine
    • Maksym Taloverov injured

EURO 2024 Save Files

I've created several save points based on when you want to take control of a team ahead of the tournament, with a few options for the initial squad selection, final squad selection and just before the tournament begins.

To download these save files, simply hit the links below, which will take you to a download link from Google Drive. Then move the save file into your FM24 saves file.

Wednesday 15 May - Initial Squad Selection

Monday 20 May - EURO Duty Begins

• Euro Duty Begins: On this day, every squad selected assembles ahead of the Euros.

Sunday 26 May - Final Squad Selection

Euro Build-Up

These save files stop in just before the Finals, allowing you to take charge of whichever country you like in advance of the competition.

Play Euro 2024 on FM24!

So there you have it, you now have plenty of options to go and play Euro 2024 on Football Manager. I've run a few simulations of the tournament, which we'll publish as a separate blog in the next few days. And I might do a quick save taking control of one (and maybe more) teams at the competition.

Feel free to comment below to let me know who you plan to manage at Euro 2024 and which save version you selected!

Nice one, I would have just started a new save and see how it played out, but you have tried to be as realistic as you can.

Perhaps you could make your save available to others so they don't have to go through all that hard work?

8 hours ago, starbugg said:

Nice one, I would have just started a new save and see how it played out, but you have tried to be as realistic as you can.

Perhaps you could make your save available to others so they don't have to go through all that hard work?

Yeah I'm doing that next :) I ran a few sims last night to see how it played out.