(FM 2024) Real Employment Related Save: A one club save only at Dubai City FC.

Hello everyone.

This save is a little different.

I am definitely continuing my other journeyman save. 

But this one is more research based as I am looking for employment within the football industry.

I am currently based in Dubai. So the club I will use is Dubai City FC. 

It is a one club save.

The goal is to get employed within football in real life and make sure that people within football notice the effort I am putting in to break into the industry.

Posted (edited)

So like I said, this is a research based save. I am currently based in Dubai and this is one of the emerging clubs in the UAE. 

I have personally contacted people in Dubai City FC, however the door remains shut when it comes to getting employed. No answers. (Btw, I am saying that this happened in real life.)

So due to the fact that I am personally looking for an alternative career in real life apart from the entertainment industry, which is work in the football industry, this inevitably becomes a very appealing option in real life. Hopefully the research pays off and since Football Manager is one of the only ways to simulate what could potentially happen in real life, I am using it as a tool so that I will get to present this to the people working there when I am eventually going to get the foot in the door.

This is what the Dubai City FC squad looks like. It has some good players, the squad needs a lot of work.

The tactic I will be using is a 5-2-3 with defensive midfielders. It is because the squad is not yet good enough to dominate games and only time will tell how good it can potentially be.

Screen Shot 2024-06-11 at 6.15.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-11 at 6.16.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-11 at 6.16.54 PM.png

gettyimages-154918211-612x612.jpeg

Edited by Sahaj Oberoi

Since this is more of a work related save, the focus will be on player identification, tactics and player improvement. I will update results when I can, probably in the middle of the season and definitely at the end of the season.

Now, the first player I have identified as a potential signing is Tafari Moore. Tafari Moore is a player who started off at Arsenal and was a promising youngster there, but he has fallen off and he probably needs a change of scenery. After stumbling around in the lower leagues in England, maybe Dubai is the place to go for him. 

I am not confirming that I am signing him for sure, however I am going to talk about this player as a potential signing because he is a player that is easily recognizable at least among Arsenal fans.

However there is a local player called Maher Jassim who has experience in UAE football and is a guy who has been around the block. He has been recommended to me, I tried to sign him but we don't have enough in the wage budget yet. I have to sell players to create some room in the wage budget.

Screen Shot 2024-06-12 at 11.23.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-12 at 11.31.30 AM.png

For a club like Dubai City FC to develop, on this save I have observed that finding young, hungry players from the Under 18's and Under 21's of established English teams is a great idea. This is a completely new environment for them to develop and will put them in a steady condition. I have loaned in two players from English clubs. Harvey Godsmark-Ford came in on loan from Leicester City and Jevon Mills came in on loan from Hull City.

Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 4.35.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 4.36.18 PM.png

One of my tactical trends that I have used on my FM 2024 research save to make Dubai City FC into a very utilitarian team is that I have converted my traditional wingers into wingbacks. The team is expected to finish near the bottom in 15th place out of 17 teams. So as you can see, Lucas Patanelli has been used as a wing back in order to conserve his energy when in possession.

I won a game on this save against Dibba Al-Hisn by using traditional wingers and Patanelli's magic proved to be the difference. However I felt I needed to make this tactical change in order to provide more stability and balance to our team.

Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 7.39.00 PM.png

Real life update

I have a meeting with a sporting director based in the UAE for potential new opportunities. Let's hope that it goes well. I am really excited as I have been trying to meet new people within football for the past two months and after two months there is a breakthrough.

Posted (edited)

Mid season December update

We are second from bottom in the league with 12 points in 16 games, but we are in touching distance of safety, we seem to have discovered a winning formula after getting two back to back wins. I hope we can beat the drop this season and stay in the league.

Here is the tactic we are using, a variation of the 4-3-3 formation, with only one central midfielder, two pure wingers on the left and right and three strikers.

Screen Shot 2024-06-16 at 7.54.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-16 at 7.55.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-16 at 7.55.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-16 at 7.58.52 PM.png

Edited by Sahaj Oberoi