The Christmas Tree in FM24 - Attempting to Combine Counter-Attacking with Possession

So this is a relatively simple tactic that I cooked up during a nostalgia trip for those 05/06 Milan sides. I also wanted to utilize a low block out of possession. After observing for a few seasons, this tactic really does seem to combine devastating counter-attacks with high possession numbers. Something I also like seeing is that the fullbacks actually score quite a bit. Theo Hernandez regularly scored 10 times per season with this tactic!

Something to keep in mind w/ regards to mentalities and tweaks: there are essentially two versions of this tactic that I've "optimized" through trial and error. Both have the same formation. The first is Balanced mentality combined with Higher Tempo and Shorter Passing. The second is Attacking mentality combined with Slightly Higher Tempo and Much Shorter Passing. In lower leagues, the balanced mentality version seems to work better. When I am a top team, the Attacking mentality seems to work better, but I usually start games with Balanced just to be safe anyway.

Without further ado, here's the tactic.

25a06ed6381c0759a09b447b234e159e.png

There are quite a few PIs, these are your own choice. Poacher moves into channels and passes it shorter. AM (At) passes it shorter, takes more risks, dribbles more, roams from position, moves into channels, marks tighter and tackles harder. AP (Su) plays more direct passes, moves into channels and tackles harder. CM (Su) stays wider, roams from position, marks tighter and tackles harder. BWM (Su) holds position, stays wider and marks tighter. DLP (De) can also be a Regista if you prefer, he has no PIs, but you could add More Direct Passes if you have a Pirlo type player there.

Download link is attached below.

41221 DM AM Ado.fmf