how to build tactic around specific roles?

I could use some help weaking this tactic around the specific roles i use. Overall the tactic works fine, im winning most games but i have a hard time keeping possession of the ball and often get pinned down on my half. My striker can go on goal-less streaks for 8-10 games before scoring again, my IF and IW often gets between 6,5-6.6 ratings (unless they score). What tweakes could i do to involve them more?

image.png.aac948129d919dcebe8720442a39b4fe.png

20240613162444_1.jpg

20240613162459_1.jpg

20240613162407_1.jpg

20240613162421_1.jpg

20240613162433_1.jpg

To me it doesn't look like you have any width in your roles and you also play narrow, so probably have no out ball when the opposition press you. Your full backs stay tucked in, both your AML and AMR want to cut in. I'd consider switching the LB to be a WB(s). This will help open up space for the IF on the left. The IW could maybe be a normal Winger or just told to stay wider to give you width on the left, creating a nice triangle with the FB and DM. This might make you more difficult to confine and push back, help stretch the opposition and then subsequently make space for the AF and AM to get chances.

Certainly no expert but this is generally the sort of advice I've received when having similar issues with a very similar line up.

On 13/06/2024 at 17:44, Numenor said:

I could use some help weaking this tactic around the specific roles i use. Overall the tactic works fine, im winning most games but i have a hard time keeping possession of the ball and often get pinned down on my half. My striker can go on goal-less streaks for 8-10 games before scoring again, my IF and IW often gets between 6,5-6.6 ratings (unless they score). What tweakes could i do to involve them more?

Change your AML to IF(A) and your DL to WB(S) to accomplish better width support on the left side.

Edited by dzek

On 13/06/2024 at 07:44, Numenor said:

20240613162444_1.jpg

20240613162459_1.jpg

20240613162407_1.jpg

20240613162421_1.jpg

20240613162433_1.jpg

Looks like you are being overly harsh on the players. Their recent ratings (7-7.5) don't reflect that they're underperforming at all!

As others have mentioned, there is little natural width to your setup. I would also add that your setup is very conservative for the quality of player at your disposal.

You can more than afford to run two expansive wingbacks with a double holding pivot...but I would consider a more expansive pivot as well. Pederson is rather wasted as an IW(s), a role which will get involved in buildup play, w/his physical profile and 1v1 ability. 

Edited by Cloud9

So which role do you suggest for Pederson? i changed width to "standard" and i made both fullbacks to wingbacks on support and added play from the back and slightly higher tempo together with IF/a on the left and that started to make so difference.

17 hours ago, Numenor said:

So which role do you suggest for Pederson? i changed width to "standard" and i made both fullbacks to wingbacks on support and added play from the back and slightly higher tempo together with IF/a on the left and that started to make so difference.

Winger (a) on his off foot should do the trick, that will get him after his fullback and into plenty of 1v1 situations. 

Edited by Cloud9