Youth players.

I'm sure it may have been bought up before, either that or I'm the only person bothered by this bug:

How come the regeneration AI gives non-player teams regeneration from random countries (I recently signed a 5* Egyptian from Cardiff, a 4.5* Uruguayan from Preston, and 2x 4.5* Chileans from Birmingham!!!!), yet the player operated team only seems to get domestic youth players (not even dual nationality, which again appear to be sll over the place in the non-player operated teams)?

• SI Staff
On 13/06/2024 at 19:08, G81 said:

I'm sure it may have been bought up before, either that or I'm the only person bothered by this bug:

How come the regeneration AI gives non-player teams regeneration from random countries (I recently signed a 5* Egyptian from Cardiff, a 4.5* Uruguayan from Preston, and 2x 4.5* Chileans from Birmingham!!!!), yet the player operated team only seems to get domestic youth players (not even dual nationality, which again appear to be sll over the place in the non-player operated teams)?

There is a slim chance of a player being regenerated at a club from an 'out of scope' nation, as far as I'm aware there isn't a bias for or against this with regards to human clubs (I try very hard to ensure there is no bias within the game with regards to humans, but very occasionally one will creep in as a bug, hence I won't count it out until I've checked).

If a club has academies/affiliates elsewhere this might bias this chance (I'll have to check as its not something I've looked at recently).

I believe the only club with a link to an Egyptian club is Villa. I used the three championship examples (a) because I've actually signed said players, and (b) because all 3 have no overseas affiliations, least of all with the rather random nations in question.

It is, however something I've noticed across the game - teams overseas in particular seem to get a wide range of regen nationalities. I've played around 40 seasons total, and never had a non-domestic regen, and never had a dual-nationality player (which as referenced above, seem to happen routinely elsewhere).

Being neurodiverse, these kinds of patterns in gameplay kind of jump out at me.

• SI Staff
3 hours ago, G81 said:

Being neurodiverse, these kinds of patterns in gameplay kind of jump out at me.

Waves back in neurodiversity :D

(lots of people in the games industry are :))

I went the other route - finance. Though I've been unable to work now for around 15yrs.

Least you know when I recognise a pattern of behaviour, I'm likely right!!

• SI Staff
On 16/06/2024 at 09:50, G81 said:

I went the other route - finance. Though I've been unable to work now for around 15yrs.

That sucks - I've been fortunate that I made my interests/hobbies my career and I doubt I'll ever retire because making things is just something I enjoy doing (whether thats games, writing or whatever).

I used to be financially wealthy, I now live a modest life (not on PIP, don't fancy explaining the finer nuances of neurodiversity to a dental hygienist on her day off), now I'm rich in life - good friends, good family, good place mentally. It's all good.

• 3 months later...

Regarding original topic there definitely seems to be a case where foreigners pop up a lot in non playable leagues as regents but never in playable leagues. The regens are very often ~24 years old and quite awful too. When I manage a national team from a non-playable league such as Romania I keep track of all regens and the older ones in foreign clubs barely ever make it (which they should have more potential to do if they migrated as young talents to a bigger club) while the ones in the national league are young and more likely to become useful.

I think regens deserves a bit of attention in development, the above patterns take away a lot of realism with such a strong division. It would also be nice if there was more diversity in what nations got good teams, golden generations can happen in unexpected countries. Often the computer managed coaches of national side do strange selections and omit player of high potential too long.

• SI Staff
33 minutes ago, Shanamaj said:

Regarding original topic there definitely seems to be a case where foreigners pop up a lot in non playable leagues as regents but never in playable leagues. The regens are very often ~24 years old and quite awful too. When I manage a national team from a non-playable league such as Romania I keep track of all regens and the older ones in foreign clubs barely ever make it (which they should have more potential to do if they migrated as young talents to a bigger club) while the ones in the national league are young and more likely to become useful.

I think regens deserves a bit of attention in development, the above patterns take away a lot of realism with such a strong division. It would also be nice if there was more diversity in what nations got good teams, golden generations can happen in unexpected countries. Often the computer managed coaches of national side do strange selections and omit player of high potential too long.

I'll try and take a look into this before the release of the game this year (although if it turns out to be a complex balancing act tweaks might not appear until the update cycle) - thanks for the feedback.