Euro 2024 betting

Lermon

Or don't bet at all. It's not worth it.

Better use the money for something else, or if you want to get more engagement out of the competition just put 5 or 10 in with some buddies in a friendly competition.

1 hour ago, Lermon said:

First rule: Bet responsibly.

Secondly, any bets? any possible outsiders? any good offers?

Soccerbase gives it's thoughts: https://www.soccerbase.com/news/football/euro-2024-predictions-8-1-outright-winner-80-1-dark-horse-and-20-1-name-the-finalists-betting-tip/2986994/

4/1 is pretty shocking odds for England.

Spain to win the competition at odds of around 7/1 is good value I think.  They're in a tricky group but seem a well balanced team.  I don't think there are many of those around.  Maybe Croatia at 33/1 is worth a small each way bet, as they seem to be a decent team and have been together a long time now.

I'm on Spain at 9/1. Don't think they'll win, think France will win but not interested at their odds.

Also for the same reason, Morata top scorer/Spain to win double at 150/1.

A stupid £1 on which teams finish top 2 in every group (no order) at 600/1 too :lol:

Always have a forecast and a dual forecast on the groups but apart from that tend to stay away from tournament betting. 

Although tempted with the 50/1 on Portugal winner and Mbappe top scorer. 

I've given myself £10 to play with for all 51 matches.

20p per match in the group stages.  Whatever I have left is then split down on the last 16 and so on till the final . 

If we are basing it on a match by match basis I am backing Scotland to get a shock win vs Germany tonight. Scotland 10/1 to win and I think I got 17/1 on Scotland to win and both teams to score.

Probably not going to come in but I had to back it as I am proud of my Scottish heritage.

I was wondering that Ronaldo Beckham- the chances of a shock win for Scotland. Germany went out in the group stage and their history of friendlies has been bumpy since.  But Scotland have also been a little bumpy. (0-4 vs Netherlands)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_national_football_team_results_(2020–present)

I might stay away from that, but would be good to see an upset by Scotland.

46 minutes ago, Lermon said:

I was wondering that Ronaldo Beckham- the chances of a shock win for Scotland. Germany went out in the group stage and their history of friendlies has been bumpy since.  But Scotland have also been a little bumpy. (0-4 vs Netherlands)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotland_national_football_team_results_(2020–present)

I might stay away from that, but would be good to see an upset by Scotland.

It is worth a punt. I am using birthday money I got off my Mom's best friend who I haven't seen in years so it wont hurt me if it doesn't come in lol.

1 hour ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I've given myself £10 to play with for all 51 matches.

20p per match in the group stages.  Whatever I have left is then split down on the last 16 and so on till the final . 

I like this, a lot. Going to try this myself 

Added a couple of links to organisations who can provide support for those who may find it useful in the opening post (one UK, one international), an awful lot of sport in a condensed period. Interesting approach with the 20p per game. Bold move to have gone for a Scotland draw though.

5 hours ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Just me or is the young player of the tournament market much harder to call than previous tournaments?

Unless it's just recency bias we seem to have a lot young key players than normal. Bellingham, Musiala, Wirtz, Yamal, Pedri etc...

Went with Musiala at 10/1. 

Contest far from over though. Incredibly strong competition still to play.

4 minutes ago, EdBed said:

I was surprised to see that Hungary are the outside bet for today's game.

I always think the Swiss are one of those teams you want to avoid.  They always seem to do ok and have some good players.  I'd quite fancy them to get to the quarter finals.  If I do put a small bet on today, i'll be backing them I think.

Thanks to pretty much spreading various free bets around, I'm guaranteed to win something whatever the result, but a Switzerland win would definitely be my lowest gain. As I did put £1 of my own money on one eventuality, a Switzerland win would give me a net profit of 10p.

I've gone for Hungary and on my 20p bet it returns 72p :D 

And made 5p profit on backing Germany last night

Edited by Pompeyboyz

what's that inspired by? is that random or does Fabian Schar kick like a donkey? :D

Good thing I didn't bet on Croatia- Spain. I would have bet on the draw.

3 matches today:

England- Serbia, you'd fancy England but the odds will be shocking.

Netherlands- Poland should be a good one.  I fancy Netherlands all the way. 

Slovenia- Denmark. Denmark ranked 21st in the world,  Slovenia 57th. Unusual in they both came through via the same group. In that group Denmark beat Slovenia once, and drew the other time. Denmark strong effort in the World Cup, but did lose their maiden match to their rivals Finland. So could be anyones but if Denmark start as good as they are, should win.

what odds you get?

BetVictor got: Netherlands, Denmark and England all to win boosted to 14/5.

I was looking at it, looks good on paper but always one surprise result.

59 minutes ago, Lermon said:

what's that inspired by? is that random or does Fabian Schar kick like a donkey? :D

Good thing I didn't bet on Croatia- Spain. I would have bet on the draw.

3 matches today:

England- Serbia, you'd fancy England but the odds will be shocking.

Netherlands- Poland should be a good one.  I fancy Netherlands all the way. 

Slovenia- Denmark. Denmark ranked 21st in the world,  Slovenia 57th. Unusual in they both came through via the same group. In that group Denmark beat Slovenia once, and drew the other time. Denmark strong effort in the World Cup, but did lose their maiden match to their rivals Finland. So could be anyones but if Denmark start as good as they are, should win.

For a centre back he scores a few goals - likes to get forward and has a good shot.  Scored a few for Newcastle over the years and according to Wikipedia has 8 goals in 82 appearances for the Swiss.  Which isn't bad going.

I think it'll be a comfortable win for England today, providing the manager actually focusses on attack and isn't too cagey.  I'd go for 3-0.

And Demark look a good choice to win too - I think they may be looking for the quarter finals in this tournament.  So Hojlund to score first would be my bet.

Lukaku to be top scorer is really good. Currently at 13.00. Was 21.00 then 17.00 before tournament started. Did not realise this thread was here otherwise would have posted earlier but on paper, the three games in the group, Belgium have, he will be licking his lips and the odds, even whilst reduced to 13.00 is really good.

Edited by ReggaeBwoy

That does look good odds for someone who enjoys scoring goals.

Today:

Romania(46) -Ukraine (22)

Austria(25) -France (2)

Belgium (3)-Slovakia (48)

Romania qualifying- group I unbeaten even with a group with the Swiss. Did terrible in nations league. Ukraine struggled in Group C, lost vs Italy and England and also drew versus them.

Austria qualified with a weak Estonia, Azerbaijan group but drew with Belgium once and beat Sweden twice.

France strolled their group, even pushing aside Netherlands.  

Belgium same as Austria but pipped them by 1 point.

Slovakia clear second best to Portugal in qualification but beat all the others. (Luxembourg, Iceland, Bosnia, Liechenstein). Slovakia lost in a friendly to Austria but thrashed Wales 4-0. So Slovakia can beat the small teams, more questionable versus anything bigger.

Had a nice little win yesterday - England to score in the first 15 minutes of the game.  Wouldn't be surprised if France do likewise this evening.

3 hours ago, ReggaeBwoy said:

Lukaku to be top scorer is really good. Currently at 13.00. Was 21.00 then 17.00 before tournament started. Did not realise this thread was here otherwise would have posted earlier but on paper, the three games in the group, Belgium have, he will be licking his lips and the odds, even whilst reduced to 13.00 is really good.

I called Lukaku crap last week so this tip could be a good call :D

Good luck 

1 minute ago, av3ry said:

I called Lukaku crap last week so this tip could be a good call :D

Good luck 

No matter his critics, his international record is superb. If he stays fit, I think he is stop scorer in group stages.

Lukaku was seriously unlucky yesterday.

Today:

Turkey(40)-Georgia (75)

Portugal(6) -Czech (36)

*(Their rankings in the world in brackets)

*Georgia is even lucky to be there. (4th in their qualifying group)

* Turkey top of their group, won and lost to their main rival Croatia.

* Czech was in a poor quality qualifying group- second to Albania. (*lost and drew to Albania)

*Portugal aced their group. Czech come alive for tournaments but Portugal might be a challenge too far.

(One interesting thing about Georgia is I thought they might be shy on scoring- but they did manage to score one versus Spain and scored in every match except Scotland and Greece. Turkey have managed to keep clean sheets versus Italy and Croatia then go and concede 6 versus Austria, and then 3 versus an abysmal team Luxembourg.)

Posted (edited)

BetVictor has an interesting boost: All 4 teams to score today: 13/1. I can't see Czech scoring versus Portugal though.

Another BetVictor boost: Turkey and Portugal both to win first half 18/5

I've gone for: 40p on Turkey to win and BTTS, and Portugal to win to nil.  Returns: £3.80

Edited by Lermon

Well I didn't get that.

Today:

Slovenia(57)- Serbia (32)

Denmark(21)-England(5)

Spain(8)-Italy(10)

Slovenia- Serbia, world rankings doesn't look accurate as their first matches played out. Slovenia look very equal to Serbia. 

England have the more skill so should beat Denmark but Denmark have some dangerous players. Denmark might be the more desperate to win having drawn in the first match.

Spain-Italy. Italy were below par in their qualification. Lost to England, drew with Ukraine, drew with Macedonia. Lost to Spain in the Nation's league final. Probably has draw all over it, but could fancy a Spanish win.

Posted (edited)

Well Betvictor isn't patriotic:

At least 2 of Slovenia, Denmark and Italy to win: 8/1.

I'm fancing Slovenia (+0.5) as my sole bet of the day.

Edited by Lermon

Posted (edited)

Matches:

Georgia (74) vs Czech (34)

Turkey(42) vs Portugal (6)

Belgium(3) vs Romania (47)

(Former matches: Turkey 3- 1 Georgia, Portugal 2- 1 Czech)

(Former matches Belgium 0 Slovakia 1,  Romania 3-0 Ukraine)

Qualification & Nations League record

• Georgia drew and lost to Norway(46), Georgia drew and lost to Scotland(39). Georgia lost to Turkey(42). Georgia drew to Greece.(51)
  • Georgia aren't shy on scoring (eg they do tend to at least get one ball in the net) but don't tend to win.
  • Turkey drew with Wales(29) twice, won and lost to Croatia (9),  Turkey very weak Nations league group. Mixed friendlies, did get thrashed 6-1 by Austria(25)
  • Czech drew and lost to Albania (66), Czech won and draw to Poland (26),  Czech won and lost to Switzerland(19) , Czech lost to Portugal (6) x 3,.
  • Czech lost their manager end of qualification, new manager has been marginally better.
  • Romania unbeaten in their qualification group but faced Israel(79), Kosovo(105),  Belarus(98).
  • Romania beat Georgia (74), Romania drew and beat Switzerland (19), Romania  won and lost to Bosnia(75),  Romania drew and won against Finland (63),  Romania lost to Montenegro(72) twice. Romania haven't faced anyone goal thrifty in last 2 years.
  • Belgium unbeaten in their qualification. Thrashed two sub 100s. Won and drew vs Sweden (28), won and drew Austria (25), Belgium drew and won against Wales(29), Belgium beat Poland(26) twice, Belgium lost to Netherlands(7) twice, Belgium unluckily lost to Slovakia (45).

Predictions:

Portugal to thrash Turkey

Czech to draw or marginally win versus Georgia, both teams to score.

Belgium depends which Belgium turn up, they could be stifled into a draw, or win versus Romania.

Mug Bets:

Portugal(-2), @ 9/2

Czech to win 2-1 @ 6/1

Belgium-Romania draw @ 7/2

Edited by Lermon

Yes I do like Austria.

Today it's the end of group A:

Scotland (39) vs Hungary (27)

Switzerland (19) vs Germany (16)

(Former matches Scotland 1 Switzerland 1, Hungary 1 Switzerland 3)

(Former matches Germany 2 Hungary 0, Germany 5, Scotland 1)

Qualification & Nations's League record:

Germany- hosts, already through. Had a less than convincing Nation's League as 2/3rd of matches were draws but new manager since Sept 2023 and a boost in performances since then)

Switzerland- only need a draw, or a non-thrashing.  They had an easy Euro 2024 qualification group, but 2nd, drew and lost to Romania(47). couple of draws versus minnows, Nation's League: Switzerland won and lost to Spain(8), won and lost to Portugal(6),won and lost to Czech(34).  Beat Hungary(27) last game.

Hungary -already out. They had won & were unbeaten in their qualification group, won against Serbia(32) twice, beat and drew a previously underwhelming Germany(16) in Nation's League, beat and thrashed England(5), beaten by Italy(10) twice.

Scotland need a win. In Euro 2024 qualification they won and lost to Spain(8) in their group. Nation's league won and drew to Norway(46), won and drew to Georgia(74), Scotland won and drew vs Ukraine(24),

Predictions:

All depends if Hungary still mentally playing now they're out. Could go either way, better going with the best odds.

Will Germany rest players?  Switzerland can beat anyone on their day. Could play for the draw.

Mug bets:

Switzerland to win by 1 goal@ 6/1

Staying away from Hungary vs Scotland. 

Posted (edited)

Record so far:

Lose: 20p@ 1-1 draw- Lose, 35p@ 1-1 draw- Lose, Netherlands 40p@win HT/FT- Lose, Draw@25p- lose, Double@25p- lose, draw 1-1@25p- lose, Czech 2-1@25p- lose, draw@25p- lose

Win: Slovenia handicap 70p win@2.120= £1.48, Portugal-2 handicap win 30p@9/2= £1.65

Lose: £2.20

Win: 78p+ 1.35= £2.13

Down: -7p 

Edited by Lermon

Albania(66) vs Spain(8)

Croatia(9) vs Italy (10)

(Former matches: Italy 2- Albania 1,  Spain 3- Croatia 0)

(Former matches: Spain 1- Italy 0, Croatia 2- Albania 2)

Albania lost to Israel(79) twice, drew with Iceland(70) twice in Nation's league,  marginally pipped Czech in their UEFA qualifying group. Won and lost versus Poland(26), Won and drew versus Czech(34).

Spain aced their Nation's League, only losing one match versus Switzerland, then won the finals-pushing aside Italy, and winning on penalties in final versus Croatia(9). Spain aced their UEFA qualifying group (thumping their weak opponents by 2 goals a game) only losing one versus Scotland.

Croatia- finallists Nation's League. Group stage- they won twice versus Denmark(21). Won and drew versus France(2). Won and lost versus Austria(25). Beat Netherlands(7), held Spain(8) in the final. UEFA qualification- Won and lost versus Turkey(42), drew and lost to Wales (29). 

Italy - 3rd in  Nation's League. Group stage- they won twice versus Hungary(27), drew and lost to Germany(16), won and drew to England(5).  Lost to Spain(8) their bogey team. Beat Netherlands(7) in 3rd place playoff. Uefa qualification-  lost to England (5) twice. Drew and won versus Ukraine(24)

Permutations:
Spain automatically qualified, 2nd place is up for grabs between the other three.

Italy really need to just draw and hope Albania don't stuff Spain.

Predictions:

Nothing to say Albania can surprise Spain but Spain may rest some players. Would expect Spain win.

Croatia have some mettle, and have beaten and held some top sides. But also have been undone by some weaker sides. Italy upped their game in Nation's League coming top

Bets:

Spain(-1) is 5/4 doesn't seem worth it.

Croatia 11/5, reasonable if you fancy them to challenge Italy.

BetVictor has got a boost, Spain and Italy to win to nil of 9/1, doesn't seem terrible.

Posted (edited)

Predictions:
Would predict France, Netherlands, Denmark, England to win.

France a measly 2/9,  Netherlands evens,  Denmark 13/10,  England 3/10.

Chance of upset?

Poland upsetting France a very small chance of a draw, Poland concede too easy, France are a much stronger side.

Slovenia have held Denmark and Serbia. Worse they can do is pull off a 1-1 shock(8/1) with England. (But if England find their strength should beat them)

Denmark are erratic,  in theory have faced stronger opposition (beat France twice) than Serbia but also have been upset by a minnow or two. (kazakstan, N.Ireland). Serbia were 2nd to Hungary in their group.  Serbia notably thrashed Slovenia in qualification but also drew versus them. Could be a strong fight.

Austria tend to be undone by anyone who can score goals, Netherlands can score goals. Netherlands have equalled and beat much stronger opposition. Only thing going for Austria is a few good friendly results. (beating Germany 2-0)

Edited by Lermon

Posted (edited)

Swiss-Italy

Denmark-Germany

I might be temped by the draw at full-time, and a result in extra time bets.

Germany to win in extra time/Italy to win on penalties. 23p returns £16.62

Edited by Lermon

Only bets I see:

England-Slovenia <2.5 goals, but odds won't be worth it.

England or Slovenia to win by 1 goal possibly, but then it can also be a draw.

I've gone for England 1-0 18/5 sod it.