My custom cup messes up the UEFA coefficients

amadeo

Hi all,

Every year of FM I create my own cup, where the domestic winners of 128 countries meet each other in a knock-out-cup tournament. From round 1 to the final there are seven matches in total.

It has worked for me every year, but with FM24 the cup messes up the UEFA coefficients. For all the countries included in the cup, their numbers are reset - see the attached image.

stats.thumb.png.267dc582889fa39ceb2d63e45824bf53.png

How did you do it before that the coefficients worked? Most custom cups will mess up the coefficients so interested to see what you did different to keep them working (and hoping we can work a fix that way for this version).

51 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

How did you do it before that the coefficients worked? Most custom cups will mess up the coefficients so interested to see what you did different to keep them working (and hoping we can work a fix that way for this version).

I created the cup back in around 2014 and since then I have simply imported it into the new FM editor, tested the rules and re-saved it - so that I could use it in the new FM version. I did this every year until now where it for some reason isn't 100% compatible as it used to be.

7 hours ago, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

For the previous versions did you import directly from fm14 into the version you wanted to play, or have you imported fm14 file into fm15 then into fm16 etc all the way up to fm23? 

Mostly I did FM14 file into FM15, then into FM16 etc., but I can't say that was the case for every FM version. I have tried to recreate it from scratch in the FM24 Editor, but with the same coefficient issue. I could imagine that a setting has to be changed or added, so that it won't affect the coefficients.

18 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Teams/nations pages have to be completely empty. Anything on them will interfere with the default settings.

Then how can I let the game know which 128 countries to select the winners from? I have attached my Nations and Teams settings.

nations.png

teams.png

On 16/06/2024 at 14:16, amadeo said:

Then how can I let the game know which 128 countries to select the winners from? I have attached my Nations and Teams settings.

It should be done under Other Cups. There are other options for team selection there.

The Qualification System, Nations, Teams and Cups pages should all be completely blank (and deactivated if possible).

Edit: I think I've seen people say it won't verify without those pages before. In which case, you might need to convert to advanced rules (you'll need at least 2 countries on the country list to do so) then remove Nations/Teams after you convert to advanced.

Edited by rusty217

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

It should be done under Other Cups. There are other options for team selection there.

The Qualification System, Nations, Teams and Cups pages should all be completely blank (and deactivated if possible).

Edit: I think I've seen people say it won't verify without those pages before. In which case, you might need to convert to advanced rules (you'll need at least 2 countries on the country list to do so) then remove Nations/Teams after you convert to advanced.

Thanks so much! This is what helped me: To place the cup under "Other cups" as you suggested. I didn't need to convert to advanced rules.

I highly appreciate the help! :)

Another quick question: Is it possible to postpone the cup, so that it starts in the 2024/25 season instead of in 2023/24?

16 hours ago, amadeo said:

Another quick question: Is it possible to postpone the cup, so that it starts in the 2024/25 season instead of in 2023/24?

Glad it helped.

And yes, it is. Not sure about basic rules, but in advanced rules on the Requirements page (the main one, not the ones for individual stages) you can put a start year, just put 2024 in there and it won't start until the 24/25 season.

55 minutes ago, rusty217 said:

Glad it helped.

And yes, it is. Not sure about basic rules, but in advanced rules on the Requirements page (the main one, not the ones for individual stages) you can put a start year, just put 2024 in there and it won't start until the 24/25 season.

Amazing, thanks!