Game 4: Italy vs Albania from the BVB Stadion Dortmund LIVE on BBC1 8pm

What will be the result?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

• Italy win
    • Draw
    • Albania win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/06/24 at 18:59

euro_24_-_2_players_h2h_-_facebook_3_.jp

Possible line-ups

Italy: Donnarumma; Di Lorenzo, Bastoni, Calafiori, Dimarco; Barella, Jorginho; Chiesa, Frattesi, Pellegrini; Scamacca

Albania: Berisha; Hysaj, Djimsiti, Ajeti, Mitaj; Asllani, Ramadani, Bajrami; Seferi, Asani, Broja

Italy vs Albania has happened on four occasions. Italy has won every one.

Don't know much about Albania, Italy seem allergic to qualifying for World Cups but they are a very good Euros team.

Gary Lineker presents, with commentary by

image.png.9367f0387e9a3105cfdce4ad4eb690b5.png and image.png.c5c2b2699cf17ca29b89885ddb968312.png

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be comfortable for Italy. I recognise two Albanian players, whereas Calafiori is the only name on that potential Italian XI that I don't know. How has he managed 5 assists in Serie A this season as a centre-back?

Two reasons:

He's quite aggressive with the ball 

He sometimes (although far less often than he used to) plays at fullback. He actually came through as a fullback. Only this season that he's become a permanent central defender 

It's unlucky for him that he's developing into a player of similar profile to Bastoni.

Spalletti continues to be in 3421 or 433 dilemma, looks like he opted for 433 tonight. Even though they looked way better with 3 at the back as of late. It just fits the squad better.

I don't think risking Barella if he's not at 100% is worth it against Albania. We'll see how he fares.

As for Albania, half the roster is playing in Italy. Kind of goes against them in this matchup, won't be able to surprise Italians.

We'll see if Asani can repeat wondergoals from qualifiers.

Going for Italy to win comfortably, but Albania to pull a goal back at some point.

Took Mancini out of my fantasy team and brought in Buongiorno because I reckoned he was more likely to start. Turns out neither of them are. :lol:

Italy have obviously got to go for this with two harder opponents to come. Albania probably looking to park the bus in all three games and then see if they can get through with three draws or nick a 1-0 somewhere. 

19 minutes ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Looks like over 80% Albanian fans in the stadium. Weird.

Is it, presume much like the UK that there is a sizeable Albanian population in Germany?

Edited by sc91

Just now, sc91 said:

Is it, presume much like the UK that there is a sizeable Albanian population in Germany?

Yes, there are 300k Albanians in Germany, but that's still less than half of the Italian population, and most of them are actually Kosovo Albanians, who have their own team. I'm not an expert on the Balkans, but I suppose it's plausible that Kosovans support Albania in this tournament.

5 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Scamacca is ****. Not good enough for this level

At least he's better than Immobile and Belotti.

Chiesa is the biggest concern. If he's not on form, there's no point in trying to play with wings since others are useless, anyway.

Bastoni-Dimarco-Pellegrini trio on the left should be Italy's biggest strength, but can't really utilize it as much with just two CBs and Jorginho at regista.

1 minute ago, Constantine said:

Pretty much every Balkan country has large diaspora in Germany. Our folks love it there...

Tbh, people from those countries living in Germany can fill the stadiums, no need from homeland fans to even travel. :D

1 minute ago, The Amazing Dale Watkins said:

Yes, there are 300k Albanians in Germany, but that's still less than half of the Italian population, and most of them are actually Kosovo Albanians, who have their own team. I'm not an expert on the Balkans, but I suppose it's plausible that Kosovans support Albania in this tournament.

The bottom half would be correct from friends, support both. Football mad bunch as well.

My mentality for this game is just get the win to make sure we have the best possible chance to be one of the 3rd place finishers. Win here + point vs. Croatia = knockout stages. Then anything can happen 

2 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

My mentality for this game is just get the win to make sure we have the best possible chance to be one of the 3rd place finishers. Win here + point vs. Croatia = knockout stages. Then anything can happen 

If both teams are good with a point on last matchday, it's going to be a farce. :D

8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Tbh, people from those countries living in Germany can fill the stadiums, no need from homeland fans to even travel. :D

I live in a really small town and I know about two dozen people working and living in Germany and/or Austria. And every time they come back, they talk about how many others is there. It's insane.

And more often than not, they'll have no problems at all with Croatians, Albanians and anyone else. They work together, live together. It's only when they come home, that their inner nationalists breaks through.

Until they go back to Berlin. Everything's hunky dory then.

People are weird. And idiots. Weird dumbass idiots.

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Awarding Italy the best national anthem of the tournament here before I've even heard it. 

Nah, lasts way too long. Not to mention the overacted sentiment. 

2 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Awarding Italy the best national anthem of the tournament here before I've even heard it. 

No way. Nothing comes close to "We sent ourselves hameward, tae think again."