FM2009 is most rubbish game I played

Has been used so many people's tactics and still only can able score so little goals.

What is Sports Interactive doing, I think they are making Arsenal so good because in my game there are so difficult to beat.

In someway I think the match engine make few games very unfair, as I have so many shots and attack but cant score a single goals but somehow computer will score easily in just few attack.

I gotta agree. It's so depressing. My team got so many chance, so many one-on-one with GK but the players always shoot the bird! I have players with pretty good Finishing level but still crap.

what **** me off is that then my opponent only need one chance to score....when I need over 10 chances to get a goal.

my players won't just tackle but my opponents can tackle everything

my players do long shot all the time even I instruct them not to do so.

something is clearly wrong with match engine....it happened with 2007, 2008, and here we go again......

I hope there will be new patch released soon... as I might stop playing until it's sorted

do all the people who moan about how "rubbish" the game is give a tactic chance to work.ok im playing as arsenal finished runners losing by 1 point in 1st season (drew to many games due to swapping tactics early in the season) then decided to stick with 1....lost carling cup on pens to chavski....knocked out of champions league to barca but finally got a trophy winning the F.A cup

season 2 stayed with the same tactic....players have gelled as a unit forwards are scoring for fun..prem league,played 17 won 14 drawn 3 goals for 52 conceeded 6,championd league won all group matches (juventus osasuna and sparta prague in my group scoring 23 conceeding 2) and im in the semis of the carling cup using reserves and youth. so what i am getting at is (and i didnt think it was true)players need to get used to a tactic , system and team mates

The only problem ive encountered is the forwards always shooting from long range, my 2 forwards do this because they are recieving the ball too deep, and neither are very adept at going round players, coupled with the problem that my wingers/atm were not running past them to give them an option..they had no choice but to turn as best they can and then let fly from long range.

Has been used so many people's tactics and still only can able score so little goals.

What is Sports Interactive doing, I think they are making Arsenal so good because in my game there are so difficult to beat.

In someway I think the match engine make few games very unfair, as I have so many shots and attack but cant score a single goals but somehow computer will score easily in just few attack.

try and create your own tactic, its not that hard, i not saying i am an expert, i am far from that. i am niether some one who plays this game a lot, or even has much time for the game. but stop downloading other peoples tactics, yes it works for them and their team, but not for yours on most accounts.

I won arsenal and barcelona in uefa champions league already, and it wasnt that hard, im using milan, but i still have to beat fiorentina to the italian cup, which i lost to them 3 seasons already, i just cant win them at that competition, but i dont think the game is bad neverthless.

Yes it is the most difficult FM yet and i can understand why a lot of people arent enjoying it, however i think it is the best yet!!!! and ive been playing the game since the original Amiga version, these are my reasons ......

The game is now killer tactic free which makes the game a much more rewarding challenge, one tactic will not win anything, you now have to change and tweak your tactics for every single match and in game according to your own player abilities/opposition/pitch size/weather/scout reports/team talks etc.......yes i am a saddo!, and i watch every game for 90 mins and take ages setting everything up and managing my club....but thats how i like it, there is nothing more rewarding than winning when your plan comes together.

Now for people who just loaded a killer tactic and won everything without any effort i can understand why this game is frustrating, but for sad B**stards like me who sacrifice relationships/social life etc to be a virtual football manger it is the best version so far.

It is the best version of FM/CM yet, and by a country mile. It took me 5 years to get Leicester into the prem. I had all the same problems that keep getting mentioned. You will crack it eventually. My major tip is opposition instructions. I set Opp intstructions for GK, 1 cb, all across the midfield and both strikers. It helps massively.

Has anybody actually had a player on his team obey a command yet ??

Close down a winger, tackle hard a winger and then just watch the winger dance his way to the byline to put a cross in, I can't even get my fullbacks booked for a bad tackle, let alone a good one.

Hahahahahah .. lines to this effect always make me laugh ..

"The game isn't hard .. I've just won the league / cup / euros with Man U / Chelsea / Milan / Barca ... you must be a N00b / an idiot / crap" ..

<sigh> .. No wonder SI never listen ..

i agree .. the match engine have some trouble try and save a match you lose then load and then play it again with the same tactic you lose again . load again try it a couple of times.. then toy load it again and this time you use a editor and destroy the team in the game haha you will see. put their GK 1 meter high and 400 Kg had one in every single skill .. haha still beat you world class strikers .. haha got beaten to a dwarf haha .. lol stupid game

Personally, I'm loving it. Yes, it's damn hard, but that's what makes it so great. There are times when I hate the game. When nothing goes right and I'm screaming abuse at my computer. There are times when I can't get a working tactic, times when my players ignore me, times when I swear I'm never going to touch the game again. But half-an-hour later, I'm back. Why? Because when it does all click, when you finally succeed (whatever success is for your club), the feeling is unbeatable, and unquestionably worth the effort.

Though Arsenal probably are too powerful in the game. SI are looking into it.

Im going back to FM08 until YET ANOTHER PATCH is released. We ARE beta-testers.

Its rediculous spending hours tweaking a tactic to be exactly as you want to then lose games by freak ME-mess-up goals.

FM08 for me until either a proper patch or CM09 (April).

Yes it is the most difficult FM yet and i can understand why a lot of people arent enjoying it, however i think it is the best yet!!!! and ive been playing the game since the original Amiga version, these are my reasons ......

The game is now killer tactic free which makes the game a much more rewarding challenge, one tactic will not win anything, you now have to change and tweak your tactics for every single match and in game according to your own player abilities/opposition/pitch size/weather/scout reports/team talks etc.......yes i am a saddo!, and i watch every game for 90 mins and take ages setting everything up and managing my club....but thats how i like it, there is nothing more rewarding than winning when your plan comes together.

Now for people who just loaded a killer tactic and won everything without any effort i can understand why this game is frustrating, but for sad B**stards like me who sacrifice relationships/social life etc to be a virtual football manger it is the best version so far.

yeah, i agree with this

you can't just load others tactics and use it

you need to find your own tactics

what kind of play you really want your player to play

and it will be different approach on every match

before a match you should pay attention to your players condition, which player will be played, your opponent, their player, scout report, pitch size, opp.instruction

for anyone who has total win less than draw and lose and get stress a lot because of it and want to stop play this game,,,,,,

you are sucks.....

you aren't really a manager:rolleyes:

i've just lost 2-1 away to west ham Noble 10 for heading leaps above Carrick and puts a looping header in from the pen spot... to round it off Noble 11 for long shots put one in from 35 yds......

I am baffled not by how SI made Arsenal strong, maybe its just you not doing enough to overcome it. Beat them home and away if you are capable, then you see if its SI making Arsenal strong or YOU making Arsenal strong.

Whining won't solve problems.

But i'm more baffled by why SI gave Alvaro Arbeloa positioning rating of 17, better than Nemanja Vidic. LOL. I think they should watch more Liverpool matches and they'd know how bad is Arbeloa's positioning. I have Liverpool fan friends who can't stand his positioning sense or the lack of it. :D Besides, appearing at the left flank when opponents score against Liverpool on the Liverpool's right rear flank does not prove that Arbeloa does have any positional sense at all. Lol.

FM is the best managerial game I've played. The effort at realism is commendable. So, such rubbish remark is hardly going to change any fact. Dude, maybe FM 09 is not rubbish game, its you who are the rubbish manager. Don't play if you don't like it.

Archived