How to change number of matches played

XV20

Hello, i've been on the pre game editor for a while now and im trying to look for  no of matches played int the fixtures section. Is there a way to find it?

5 hours ago, XV20 said:

Hello, i've been on the pre game editor for a while now and im trying to look for  no of matches played int the fixtures section. Is there a way to find it?

I don't quite know which and where the fixtures section you are mentioning, but if I am to change the number of matches played in a competition, for competitions not in game, I would Add Nation Rules and Add Divisions and setup there; for competitions in game, I would go to Add Nation Rules > Convert To Advanced Rules > Show Rules For (Your competition name) > Stages > Stage(League) > League Settings > Number Of Rounds

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bentfi said:

I don't quite know which and where the fixtures section you are mentioning, but if I am to change the number of matches played in a competition, for competitions not in game, I would Add Nation Rules and Add Divisions and setup there; for competitions in game, I would go to Add Nation Rules > Convert To Advanced Rules > Show Rules For (Your competition name) > Stages > Stage(League) > League Settings > Number Of Rounds

I've seen it and i want to change it to 34 rounds. I test rules but in-game comes out as 19 games. Something like bundesliga does (34 matches)

Editor 2024 2024-06-16 9_55_25 PM.png

Edited by XV20

50 minutes ago, XV20 said:

I've seen it and i want to change it to 34 rounds. I test rules but in-game comes out as 19 games. Something like bundesliga does (34 matches)

Editor 2024 2024-06-16 9_55_25 PM.png

I think you have mistaken what rounds mean, rounds here mean round-robin, so if you have 18 teams in a league, 1 round would be 17 games for each team and 2 rounds would be 34 games.

An easy way to verify would be looking into Bundesliga's League Settings

I looked into the bundesliga settings and it makes sense now. But, i want to implement that with a league of 20 clubs ( 1 round = 19 games, 2 = 38 games). So does this mean i have to cut down the number of teams to 18?

• 2 months later...

In essence, number of rounds means how often each team plays the others in the stage of the competition. So setting it to 2 round means each team plays every other team twice in that stage of the competition, (eg: the Bundesliga league only has one stage, so 18 teams means each team plays 17 other teams. With the number of rounds set to 2, that means 34 games, (17x2).

Hopefully, that helps!

Il 17/06/2024 in 19:10 , XV20 ha scritto:

I looked into the bundesliga settings and it makes sense now. But, i want to implement that with a league of 20 clubs ( 1 round = 19 games, 2 = 38 games). So does this mean i have to cut down the number of teams to 18?

You set 2 to "Rounds" so, if your leagua has 20 clubs, every teams in this league will play 19 other teams twice. So 19x2=38 games.