[Retro database] which one would you pick?

48 minutes ago, Pafnus said:

2010-2011.. 

What do you like about that season?

33 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

1987/88

:D

Would take a ton of research for that one for sure. 

5 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

I'd love to do that one, but I'd need to get hold of FM05 somehow.

Pretty certain this already exists... check FM Scout.

Many 90s onwards DBs have now been done. So if I had to pick a season, fully appreciating colossal level of research, it would be 1973-74.
- Man Utd relegated - would take a lot of honesty to do the right attributes for formerly great players there
- Sunderland (my team) have won the FA Cup and have some fantastic players (selfish reason)
- Interesting World Cup with the great Total Football Netherlands side, Brazil in decline and a strong Scotland side
- Ajax at peak, also Liverpool well on the way

10 minutes ago, Lord Rowell said:

Pretty certain this already exists... check FM Scout.

Many 90s onwards DBs have now been done. So if I had to pick a season, fully appreciating colossal level of research, it would be 1973-74.
- Man Utd relegated - would take a lot of honesty to do the right attributes for formerly great players there
- Sunderland (my team) have won the FA Cup and have some fantastic players (selfish reason)
- Interesting World Cup with the great Total Football Netherlands side, Brazil in decline and a strong Scotland side
- Ajax at peak, also Liverpool well on the way

Have to say I love your reasons! Would definitely take tons of research though as you say.

22 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

If you could play a retro database on FM25, which one would it be?

• 2008/2009

• 2010/2011

• 2012/2013

• Other [state your own choice]

Calling any of these Retro makes me feel very old :kriss:

20 hours ago, MichaelNevo said:

Would take a ton of research for that one for sure. 

It does, and the more east you go the harder it gets. But with FM20 as a good base for the international side, hopefully the FM24 Iron Curtain becomes a way for people to load their files into FM25 and beyond (yes, shameless selfplug :D )

4 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Calling any of these Retro makes me feel very old :kriss:

Trust me I have exactly the same feeling, but it seems to be what the majority of people want over the really old ones. I suppose it makes sense because there are more younger people than us out here, so those players feel much more familiar and relatable.

4 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

It does, and the more east you go the harder it gets. But with FM20 as a good base for the international side, hopefully the FM24 Iron Curtain becomes a way for people to load their files into FM25 and beyond (yes, shameless selfplug :D )

Self-plug away my friend :lol:

3 hours ago, saihtam said:

If no-one knows there are crazy good DBs for FM24 that has ability to add also regens that will be real players in their first clubs.

Had good fun with these.
They have good instructions up there or on youtube.

https://themadscientistfm.wixsite.com/website

Yes you're right, I've actually resurrected one of his oldest databases from 2019 with his 1966/67 which you can find here -