Game 16: Slovenia vs Serbia live from the Fußball Arena München. ITV1 2pm

What will be the result  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 12:59

euro_24_-_2_players_h2h_-_facebook_3_.jp

Possible line-ups

Slovenia: Oblak; Karničnik, Drkušić, Bijol, Janža; Stojanović, Gorenc Stanković, Gnezda Čerin, Mlakar; Šporar, Šeško

Serbia: Rajković; Veljković, Milenković, Pavlović; Živković, Sergej Milinković-Savić, Gudelj, Mladenović; Tadić; Mitrović, Vlahović

image.png.671dfd1c2c4f4d2074b50bb8eb02942b.png

Both sides would really like a win here I reckon.

Serbia have beaten Slovenia once, 4-1 in 2022

Laura Woods presents coverage with analysis from Eni Aluko, Joleon Lescott and Danny Rohl, and commentary by

meet-stunning-sky-sports-commentator-846 and

846499_1.jpg

Edited by Coulthard's Jaw

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One game I thought we could snap a point in...

But I've watched Slovenia against Denmark and I'm not so sure about that. Sesko is due to score and as luck would have it, it'll be against us.

Hopefully, our attack start working again. I have a feeling we'll have to score quite a few if we're to get something from this game.

Game of the day I reckon.  Both of them need to go for it, whereas a draw probably suits both sides in both the Denmark-England and Spain-Italy games.

Interested to see Serbia again.  Called them out as dark horses.  And I thought they were pretty decent against England, although that mostly gets lost in the noise and the angst because England didn't click straightaway.  Then people started sneering at Serbia like they were some pub team we should have been able to smash six goals past.

Still think they have a great chance of getting four points.

All that said, when I slip into permutations mode I am obliged to report that Serbia could actually be OUT by tonight if results go against them.  That happens if Serbia lose to Slovenia and then Denmark also beat England.  That scenario would leave Slovenia and Denmark on four points, England on three points and Serbia on no points.  But even though Serbia could still win their last game and get to three points, they would be unable to overtake England because of h2h record... Serbia would only be able to finish 4th and not 3rd.

I've missed 45 minutes of the tournament so far (second half of the Germany game yesterday).

Some jerk at work has just booked a meeting for 2pm :eek: I'm going to have to just mute the Chromebook stream and pretend to pay attention.

Before their last matches I would have gone for a Serbia win, but just got a feeling that Slovenia will get the 3 points today.  It's a coin toss really.

I feel this is Sesko time, if Sporar doesn't get in the way of the shooting like he did in the first game

then again I did say Hungary would do well at Euro 2024 :D

1 hour ago, RTHerringbone said:

I've missed 45 minutes of the tournament so far (second half of the Germany game yesterday).

Some jerk at work has just booked a meeting for 2pm :eek: I'm going to have to just mute the Chromebook stream and pretend to pay attention.

Same problem, client has only gone and stuck a call at 2pm, he's Italian and didn't want to do it any later as he'll be busy. The scumbag. 

Given how the other games have gone I'm expecting Slovenia Serbia to be an absolute classic and game of the day and the England game and Italy v Spain tonight to be 0-0 or 1-1 stalemates.

18 minutes ago, CFuller said:

I think Sesko gives Slovenia an early lead today... and that Serbia will come back to win. If they turn up, that is. :p

Sesko has always done me well in FM and Serbia didn't look capable of scoring against England if we'd played all night so I'm leaning towards Slovenia.

1 minute ago, Weezer said:

Given how the other games have gone I'm expecting Slovenia Serbia to be an absolute classic and game of the day and the England game and Italy v Spain tonight to be 0-0 or 1-1 stalemates.

Repeat of that 3-3 at EURO 2000 incoming.

12 minutes ago, Weezer said:

Spain V Italy will depend on if any of them want to take control of the group as they could quite easily draw and almost be through from the group

I'm not sure about who you can get in the knockouts but the predictor I did before had Germany/Spain as the winners of their groups and they met in the QFs, so not sure of the "easier" path if there is one

Cracking game so far. Slovenia look a very decent side.

Plus, Pien Mulensteen on comms is absolutely brilliant. Best UK commentator of the tournament.

(Wonder what Joey Barton thinks?)

Just now, The_jagster said:

Has John Champion been ditched by ITV, this seems like a game he'd be covering?

Serbia unimpressive so far

Looks like it.

Still a quality commentator, even though younger and talented ones like Hutchinson and Meulensteen are coming through and taking the matches he would've covered 5-10 years ago.

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Turning into a basketball game now. :D

Doncic vs Jokic, anyone? :p

(I don't watch much basketball, but I do know who they are.)

11 minutes ago, CFuller said:

Looks like it.

Still a quality commentator, even though younger and talented ones like Hutchinson and Meulensteen are coming through and taking the matches he would've covered 5-10 years ago.

He doesn't even have an entry for a world feed on his commentator database entry.

Although on a recent podcast he said he goes to watch Worcestershire playing cricket so maybe I can ask him in person soon, there can't be many white haired men in the crowd surely :p

2 minutes ago, The_jagster said:

He doesn't even have an entry for a world feed on his commentator database entry.

Although on a recent podcast he said he goes to watch Worcestershire playing cricket so maybe I can ask him in person soon, there can't be many white haired men in the crowd surely :p

I was going to suggest Jon Champion was enjoying semi-retirement... but apparently he's only 59 years old. Could have sworn he was into his 70s now.

A draw is probably a better result for Serbia, even though it leaves them only one point and Slovenia would have two points. Still probably in Serbia’s hands if they can go and beat Denmark, and they probably fancy themselves to beat Denmark more than Slovenia fancy themselves to beat England.

Unless Slovenia think they can pick their way through with three draws.

Just now, Darius1998 said:

Slovenia look way better coached than Serbia.

Kek is a miracle worker, just look at how average their team is individually.

To put things into perspective, he's the only non-Dinamo Croatian league winner since 2006.