Game 16: Slovenia vs Serbia live from the Fußball Arena München. ITV1 2pm

What will be the result  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 12:59

16 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

If England beat Denmark then the Denmark-Serbia game is very unlikely to be a 1-1 draw. A draw probably sends them both home with two points in that scenario. So they will be going hell for leather in the closing stages. Like a knockout game, but better because no winning goal means everyone goes out.

Although that said… if they did play out a 1-1 draw and England also beat Slovenia… Slovenia would only be on two points as well. So the group is 9-2-2-2 and goes to the mini-league. Someone could get two points and be the group runner up :D  That’s never happened at a WC or a Euros but I have a vague memory of it maybe happening in a UEFA youth tournament.

If it does, it goes to goals scored between the three teams level. If the Denmark Serbia game is 1-1 then it's goal difference for the whole group, then it's goals scored in the group. 

After that I cannot recall but there is disciplinary record, rankings etc. down to the drawing of lots. 

In a different scenario, where two teams that have just played each other and drawn need to be separated then there could even be penalties between them.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very important question for anyone who could have any information about the incident that happened on the stands. A Slovenian fan has been beaten up by a Serbian fan. A Slovenian fan lost two of his teeth because of the punch. I would be very grateful if anyone has pictures or any videos related to this. Thank you