Game 18: Spain vs Italy live from the Arena AufSchalke. ITV1 8pm

What will be the result  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What will be the result

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Haguey said:

Poor Di Lorenzo will be having nightmares for weeks after this

His agent recently stated how he's leaving Napoli. (Despite having a contract up until 2028.)
De Laurentiis said he's going nowhere.
Now this happens.

Unless Conte revives him, he might be done since he's turning 31 soon.

Darmian to the rescue on Monday, I guess.

Big moment for wallchart enthusiasts: Spain are locked into position B1. 

Although I am hugely disappointed that this group can no longer finish with all four teams on the same points.

We only need a draw, which I guess is a good thing but you've seen many a 'confused' performance in these situations, where teams don't know whether to go for it or just be patient and wait. Then get caught doing neither. Croatia at least have clarity - they're going out unless they win

8 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Is it normal for so many teams to be sending their goalkeepers up when they still have another game to play? :D 

Yes. For entertainment purposes.

@Rob1981

We could have someone qualify with just two points.. :D

Group A: Scotland and Hungary draw. Would mean Scotland is third with -4 GD.
Group B: Italy and Croatia draw would mean Croatia is third with -3 GD if Spain beats Albania. If Albania gets a point, they're at -1 GD.
Group C: Slovenia finishes with two points if England beats them. Serbia beating Denmark would also have them at two points. A draw in that game would have Serbia at two points.

Edited by GunmaN1905

Yeah, there are a few combinations of results where the third place team only gets to two points.

But obviously you would need it to happen in 3/6 groups for one of them to actually get through :D 

I was looking around online earlier…

I couldn’t find it but I’m sure there was a group once that finished 9-2-2-2, which is one team winning all three games and all the other matches in that group being draws. So even the group runner up only has two points and still gets through in a format that doesn’t even have the best third place stuff going on.

That did happen in a World Cup or a Euros, but I’m sure it’s happened in a youth tournament or a Copa America or something.

Edited by Rob1981

Spain were rather impressive there. Controlled the entire game pretty much and really should've scored 4-5. Italy were very poor. Only one shot on target all game. 

Edited by craigcwwe

29 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

Spain were rather impressive there. Controlled the entire game pretty much and really should've scored 4-5. Italy were very poor. Only one shot on target all game. 

Italy we're stifled really easily by a good Spain side. Pedri is such a good player to watch. Yamal as well, no fear at all at 16. Italy made changes that instantly made them weaker, Cristante booked 15 seconds after coming on and Cambiaso doing nothing at all didn't help. 

As said in another thread after the game against ALbania: Spain RIPPED US APART.

The (poor) quality of our side was clear since the game against Albania.

Beside - historically speaking - Italy always did terrible performances as reigning champions. We won't pass through the group stage.

I spoke. :kriss:

Edited by Federico

12 ore fa, Astafjevs ha scritto:

We only need a draw, which I guess is a good thing

Just like against Uruguay in the WC 2014 - when we eventually lost 1-0. The worst scenario for us, when 2 results over 3 are acceptable.

7 minutes ago, Federico said:

Just like against Uruguay in the WC 2014 - when we eventually lost 1-0. The worst scenario for us, when 2 results over 3 are acceptable.

Croatia never qualified when we needed a final matchday win.
This will be fifth attempt.

And you're like 90% guaranteed to qualify with a one goal loss.