Euro 2024 tactics

We have this big event these days so I thought would be a good idea to talk a bit about tactics used by various national teams. I'll start with Romania which used a 4-1-4-1 approach. I only watched the game once, live, so this is not exactly an analysis but an attempt to replicate some RL tactics in FM 24

So I am still ponderning where to use the 4 line of midfielders in midfield or attack midfield strata so I uploaded 2 variants.

In terms of mentality I picked positive because Romania not only counter attacked but tried to dominate posession when possible.

Shoot on sight is obvious choice with so many midfielders and also I think tried to play with higher tempo to get the most out of counter attacks (set piece or shoot to posts)

Counter / Counter press is no brainer although at some time Romania seem to regroup letting only some players to press and oddly I've seen M. Marin (DM) somethimes doing it in front of the line of 4 midfielders.

In defense is a Mid Block in midfield strata variant but with 4 midfielders in AM strata I tried to decrease the distance between the lines

Stay on Feet because generally Romanians tried to inconvenience the opponent more by movement than by decisive interventions and drop of more because the device withdrew when it could not maintain the field.

I also attached some individual orders for players, trying to emulate the movement in attack. I highlight Dragus who was at time AF/PF or even a Poacher, still pondering on his role. I am open to suggestion since this is made mostly from memory and I am looking forward to see what Euro 2024 tactics other try to emulate on FM 24.

I also put some individual instruction of players trying to emulate the movement in attack

versiunea 1.jpg

versiunea 2.jpg

Dragus.jpg

LMLW.jpg

Razvan Marin.jpg

RMRW.jpg

Stanciu.jpg

Edited by CharlieTZR