[Suggestion] About Game Economics

Hello, I have been actively playing Football Manager for many years. I will talk about the contributions of developing an ecosystem to use the money we earn as a manager in the game.

Many managers buy an underdog team and start from a low level and after reaching a certain level, they close the save for about ~10 seasons and start a new career.

I think this is because there is nothing left to do in the game anymore.

When signing a contract with a team, most of us choose and accept the lowest salary amount so that the salary budget does not decrease. Because in the game, the money earned and the contract have no provision.

If we can use the money we earn during our career in the game, we can extend the save times. 
There needs to be a purpose for saving money and money in the game.

What can be done with the money we earn as a manager:

1. There should be a system like a bank account system and there should be features such as borrowing money from the bank, credit cards and loans for managers playing in Journey Man mode, so that they will go to the team they find at the first opportunity.

2. We should be able to buy a club with the money we earn during our career, we should be able to be both the owner and the president of the club. In this way, after a career in big clubs, we can establish our own club and we can start from the bottom level and upgrade it.
3. For players starting in Journeyman mode, new managers should be able to manage the B team or U-19 Team if they want to, to increase realism and bring purpose to the game. Like Xabi Alonso does in real life.
4. We should be able to donate to clubs. After playing big team careers, we can go to a club with a bad financial situation or a small club.
5. We should be able to buy houses, cars, new clothes, etc. with the money we earn in the game. These can give us extra features.
6. We should be able to take players to dinner before the match or organize events by paying as a manager.
7.  When sending players to away matches, there should be bus and plane options according to the club's budget or means. This way they will focus on managing the financial situation more seriously. 

Best Regards.

Edited by lorenzolucca350

• lorenzolucca350 changed the title to [Suggestion] About Game Economics
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 22/06/2024 at 17:06, lorenzolucca350 said:

If we can use the money we earn during our career in the game, we can extend the save times. 
There needs to be a purpose for saving money and money in the game.

What can be done with the money we earn as a manager:

1. There should be a system like a bank account system and there should be features such as borrowing money from the bank, credit cards and loans for managers playing in Journey Man mode, so that they will go to the team they find at the first opportunity.
5. We should be able to buy houses, cars, new clothes, etc. with the money we earn in the game. These can give us extra features.
Best Regards.

I agree that more should be done with the manager salary. Right now, I don't care if I earn 200k or 2k a week at a club, as long as I'm managing it.

However, stuff like buying houses, cars, etc. are reminiscent of EAFC Player Career Mode. They don't do much, except occasionally giving you a small boost somewhere. SI have emphasised that they will only add features if they are of the highest quality possible, so this definitely has to be expanded upon to be added into the game.

One way I can think of expanding this is the location of your home. If you start as a manager in England, and get an offer to manage in Japan, you have to use your salary to pay for a home (more expensive up front, have to pay for multiple year lease etc), rent a house (medium cost up front, minimum rental stay), or pay for a hotel (cheaper up front, expensive long term). Options like that can help dictate your journey. If you have a house in London and manage in Manchester, you will get a training/managerial effectiveness deduction due to the fatigue from the travel, which can be removed by purchasing/renting a house or paying for a hotel.

Edited by boey

22 saat önce, boey said:

I agree that more should be done with the manager salary. Right now, I don't care if I earn 200k or 2k a week at a club, as long as I'm managing it.

However, stuff like buying houses, cars, etc. are reminiscent of EAFC Player Career Mode. They don't do much, except occasionally giving you a small boost somewhere. SI have emphasised that they will only add features if they are of the highest quality possible, so this definitely has to be expanded upon to be added into the game.

One way I can think of expanding this is the location of your home. If you start as a manager in England, and get an offer to manage in Japan, you have to use your salary to pay for a home (more expensive up front, have to pay for multiple year lease etc), rent a house (medium cost up front, minimum rental stay), or pay for a hotel (cheaper up front, expensive long term). Options like that can help dictate your journey. If you have a house in London and manage in Manchester, you will get a training/managerial effectiveness deduction due to the fatigue from the travel, which can be removed by purchasing/renting a house or paying for a hotel.

I absolutely agree. I hope Sports Interactive team will make a change about this issue. Because after a certain point in the game, you buy potential stars, play them for 1 season and sell them 5-6 times more expensive. Build a squad, play 2 seasons, win the champions league, then start a new game. This is the biggest reason to leave the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I would also like to see similar features. Preferably as DLC, that should cover the additional costs. I would really like the FM to finally feel like a real manager. Sponsors, stadium expansion, etc. If you don't want that, you can skip the DLC, if you want it, just spend more money. I would do it.