[FM24] Georgia On My Mind

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

With my Linfield FC save drifting into boredom because it became far too easy, I decided to start a new, hopefully more challenging save.

spacer.png

Decided to give International Management one more try.

It is the July 1st, 2024.

spacer.png

Georgia are not that high in the rankings at the moment.

spacer.png

They finished 4th in the EURO qualification group and Norway instead of Scotland made it to the tournament and even won it.

spacer.png

We can concentrate on the Nations League then.

BEST XI

spacer.png

Hopefully we will get to play with all of those players fit one day.

Key Player

spacer.png

Who else could it be?

Edited by Carambau

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with Georgia.

I recently started a save for my Youtube channel with Dinamo Tbilisi and also managing the Georgia national team so it will be good to see how you do with them.

Weirdly when I let the assistant manager pick the Georgia squad for my first game against Romania he decided not to pick Kvaratskhelia even though he wasn't injured or suspended.

Good luck with Georgia. I hope you do well and give me hope I can do the same lol.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with Georgia.

I recently started a save for my Youtube channel with Dinamo Tbilisi and also managing the Georgia national team so it will be good to see how you do with them.

Weirdly when I let the assistant manager pick the Georgia squad for my first game against Romania he decided not to pick Kvaratskhelia even though he wasn't injured or suspended.

Good luck with Georgia. I hope you do well and give me hope I can do the same lol.

Hello, nice to have you on board again :) 

That is indeed strange for the ass man to pick... good reminder for me to never let him pick the team ;) 

Good luck for you save too! :) 

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

spacer.png

UEFA Nations League September 2024

Georgia vs Slovenia 3-1

A wonderful start but it wasn´t plain sailing as it may look at first glance. We got off to a great start when Flamarion gave us the lead early in the match but Stankovic equalized 4 minutes later. The game slowed down after that and not much of note happened until the 63rd minute when Altunashvili hit a shot from outside the box to score and give us back the lead. The Slovenians from then on really went after us with more aggressive tackles but to no avail. Kochorashvili then finished them off for good in stoppage time.

Austria vs Georgia 0-2

This really was a surprising result. Austria were all over us in the firt half, but their shots all went wide. Then, shortly before half time, Kvaratskhelia played a nice through pass to Kvilitaia who just had to finish and we were in the lead. Angry Austrians came out of the dressing room after the break and furiously attacked our goal but we held tight. And then Kvaradona curled a nice shot from outside the box into the Austrian goal. Funnily, they had to play Alaba in goal for the last minutes because Hedl broke his hand and they could not use any subs anymore. Pity we didn´t try more shots at him. Anyway, a great win. Proud of the lads!

spacer.png

A perfect start to the campaign. But there are still 4 games to go.

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

spacer.png

UEFA Nations League October 2024

Georgia vs Ireland 1-1

We took an early lead through Khocholava and controlled the game from then on. Ireland´s efforts were mostly long shots which went wide. When everyone here was already celebrating 3 points, Ogbene appeared in the box unmarked after a random pass from outside and scored the equalizer and the stadium went silent. A tragic end to an otherwise relaxed game for us. 

Georgia vs Austria 3-1

We were wondering why were one goal down at half time as we were the much better team in the first 45 minutes. But we finally got our justice when we scored 3 goals in the second half to defeat a lucky Austria team. Lobzhanidze, Zivzivadse and Kvaradona were the scorers.

spacer.png

10 points after 4 games. We are on the way to win this group.

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

spacer.png

UEFA Nations League November 2024

Slovenia vs Georgia 3-1

Yes, we took the lead. But then this match turned into a one-man show. Sesko literally took the game into his hands, carried his country and single-handedly destroyed us with 2 goals. He was simply unstoppable on this day and we could not do anything about it. At least our Uber-Talent Parkadze scored his first goal for Georgia.

Ireland vs Georgia 2-0

This made the last group game a thriller for us. Losing was not an option but it was exactly what we did. After they piled on the pressure early on us, they finally broke the duck through Evan Ferguson 20 minutes from the end and added another one when we collapsed. But luckily - very luckily - the other result went into our favor and so we stayed top of the group. 

spacer.png

We got promoted to the A League! In the end it was getting tense, but the other results were on our side.

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Draw

spacer.png

Irland again. Malta & Cyprus look like easy opponents. Netherlands and Ukraine are the tough ones here for sure.

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

What tactics are you using for Georgia please.

Also how long does it take to get a player eligible to play for Georgia ?

Hi, here´s my tactic i am using:

spacer.png

and

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

Hi, here´s my tactic i am using:

spacer.png

and

spacer.png

Cheers mate. I think I will copy your tactic and see how it works for me lol.

Oh so it is 10 years then. I wish it was less then that as I would love to nationalize some Brazilians or French players to play for Georgia lol.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Cheers mate. I think I will copy your tactic and see how it works for me lol.

Oh so it is 10 years then. I wish it was less then that as I would love to nationalize some Brazilians or French players to play for Georgia lol.

Yeah it takes waaay too long, a pity indeed but what can you do :)  Hope the tactic works for you!

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup Qualifiers March 2025

spacer.png

Malta vs Georgia 0-5

It couldn´t have been a better start for us into the qualifying campaign! We did NOT underestimate them, we played with high concentration and our finishing was clinical. Those were the essential key factors for this high scoring victory. The early goal from Kiteishvili helped to ease our game plan and we continued to score until half time. After the break we didn´t score any more goals, we just controlled the game to secure the win.

Georgia vs Ukraine 4-2

Don´t play too many left-footers on a soaking wet night in Tblisi! This could be the lesson learned for Ukraine as they featured a team of mostly left-footed players and lost. Jokes aside, we again started highly concentrated with great determination and put the pressure on them in our home stadium. It worked nicely and soon we were 2-0 up. They continued to be impressed by our fighting game and conceded 2 more goals just after the break. We took the foot from the throttle then and they were able to score 2 consolation goals a few minutes from time. This was a wonderful win for us. The Crusaders are here!

spacer.png

Looks like we are off to an early perfect start.

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup Qualifiers June 2025

spacer.png

Cyprus vs Georgia 0-5

We enjoy scoring! Another 5-0 victory for us, this time against Cyprus. And again we kept our concentration to not underestimate the minnows and come away with a great win. We gave some younger players a chance and they delivered, 22 year old winger Kvernadze even scored on his debut. Nice to see the competition for places gets tougher and it is going to be harder to pick a first eleven in the future.

Georgia vs Ireland 1-0

An early goal by winger Saba Lobzhanidze from Atlanta United was enough to win the 3 points at home this time. The game itself was a rather boring one, with mostly shots from outside the box which went wide but we were in control most of the time. The supporters surely were not satisfied by our highlight-less way of playing but surely with the 3 points.

spacer.png

4 games, 4 wins. But we will play the Netherlands next so don´t expect this table to look like this after the next match.

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup Qualifiers September 2025

spacer.png

Netherlands vs Georgia 3-1

Well this was expected. The Dutch were all over us and the game was over after the first half already. They made us run and we ran but could not catch up to them, as examplified by the penalty we gave away. They fortunately took the foot from the throttle in the second half as the win was already secured, so we were able to score the so-called "consolation" goal 8 minutes from time.

Ukraine vs Georgia 4-3

At least we showed some fighting spirit against the Ukrainians, albeit only in the first half when we kept the game score level. Their double strike shortly after the break was too much for us though and we could not come back from that.  

spacer.png

2 defeats in a row and we got Ukraine on our heels.

spacer.png

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup Qualifiers October 2025

spacer.png

Georgia vs Malta 4-0

It took a while to break the duck, but then the goals flooded in just before half time. It was a good decision to recall Kvilitaia and he thanked us with 2 goals. We made a lot of substitutions during half time and sailed home safely in the second half, adding one more goal in stoppage time.

Georgia vs Cyprus 4-1

Cyprus had no chance at all although they scored against us. So we could even rest some more players. We really needed those two opponents to help bolster our confidence going into the last 2 games! 

spacer.png

Ukraine also won both of their games.

spacer.png

Two tough remaining games for us. Ukraine seem to have the easier schedule.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Umm... ok? You weren´t that good anyway.

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

spacer.png

FIFA World Cup Qualifiers November 2025

spacer.png

Ireland vs Georgia 2-3

We were fighting for our lives in Dublin! And we got rewarded for that fighting spirit! They took the lead just before half time but we equalized shortly after the break and even took the lead after an hour. But our joy was short-lived as they immediately equalized again. But when the night is darkest, Kvaradona appears. He scored the winner in the 69th minute and we held on until the final whistle to record a vital win in Ireland! Even better: The news of Ukraine´s defeat at home vs the Netherlands quickly made the rounds and then it was real: WE QUALIFIED FOR THE WORLD CUP!

Georgia vs The Netherlands 2-1

We were still ecstatic and everyone expected us to get outrun by the quick Dutch again, but no - we managed to score 2 goals and they only scored once despite being the way better team for the whole game. Who cares? We shrugged it off and started celebrating with the crowd. A wonderful win for our wonderful fans!

spacer.png

A historic group table.

spacer.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, for the first time in their history, Georgia will take part in the FIFA World Cup!

spacer.png

Of course the FA is happy.

Edited by Carambau

I'm surprised that you didn't use a database which has the Euro Groups the same as real life.

Congrats on reaching the world cup though!

1 hour ago, SovietTea said:

I'm surprised that you didn't use a database which has the Euro Groups the same as real life.

Congrats on reaching the world cup though!

Hi and welcome to the thread :) 

I didn´t even know something like this existed... thanks for your support :) 

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

March  2006: Road to the FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Group Draw

Spoiler

spacer.png

I mean... you got Brazil in there, but the other 2... look like they are on our level and... might be doable! We can aim for second place in this group!

March 2026

Friendly: Georgia vs Venzuela 1-3

Well, they surprised us a bit and we were reminded once more that we still have to learn a lot to be able to compete with the big teams. We took the lead early, but this did not calm us down, we played sloppily and conceded 3 easy goals. The dressing room was very loud after the game.

Friendly: Scotland vs Georgia 2-2

Now that was better. The boys obviously listened to my words after the last game. This was a nice, concentrated performance. We were the better team in Glasgow. Their early lead did not shock us, we calmly played our game and in the end should have won but it just wasnt to be. Nevermind, that draw was a good result.

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

May 2006: Road to the FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Friendly: Georgia vs Togo 3-1

We needed a team from Africa that played similar to Algeria and we came upon Togo. And the test against them was successful. We scored 3 goals in the first half and could sit back in the second. A nice game for everyone involved: Baxter, the team and the fans.

Friendly: Georgia vs Kuwait 3-1

Another emulation game. This time we needed a Saudi Arabia clone and Kuwait were willing to pose as them. This time we were even better than in the last game with 29 shots compared to their 6! In the end we won 3-1 but it could have been far worse for them. 

GEORGIA WORLD CUP SQUAD 2026

spacer.png

spacer.png

It´s mostly the usual suspects: The players that already played the qualification games last year and the Nation League before. Exception: Ilja Vakhania and Alexandr Golubev. Vakhania is a wing back who can play on both sides easily and Golubev is a young striker with bags of talent, a real poacher. Aburjania will be sad though as he only just didn´t make the squad.

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Group Match 1: Algeria vs Georgia

What a comeback! We were 2 goals behind in the 90th minute but we did not lose the game. Yes, they were the better team. Yes, they had the clearer chances. Yes, everyone thought they had won the game after 90 minutes. But we fought until the very end and rescued a valuable point, the first world cup point for Georgia in their football history! Kvilitaia was the nations´ hero.

Group Match 2: Georgia vs Brazil

A good performance by the lads. A win was never on the cards, even a draw would have been a sensational result. So we held our own against the masters of football and managed to lose only by 2 goals which is quite an achievement for a small nation like Georgia

spacer.png

We have a chance to qualify! If we defeat Saudia Arabia in the last group game we will go to the next round (if Algeria doesnt win against Brazil of course, but who thinks of that?)

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Group Match 3: Georgia vs Saudi Arabia

This must have been the longest second half in the history of Georgian Football! Literally EVERYTHING happened in the first half: The Saudis went in front after 11 minutes, then Kvaradona got fouled in their box and took the pen himself and scored. After half an hour he was in the box again and got fouled AGAIN but this time VAR stepped in. Luckily for us it WAS a foul and Kvaratskhelia once more stepped up to take it - and he scored his second goal! When everyone thought the first half was over, Lobzhanidze fired in from 20 m and scored to give us a 2 goal lead. But the Saudis didn´t wait long to equalize - with literally the last kick of the half they somehow got hold of the ball in our box and stumbled it into the goal. So it was 3-2 at half time for us. And it stayed like that! Because none of the teams really brought danger to either goal in the 2nd half and then the whistle was blown. We did it!

spacer.png

Thank you, Brazil! You did your job. 

spacer.png

The press conference was very enjoyable and of course the inevitable "beer shower" happened to Baxter.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The draw was kind to us. It could have been far worse. Again, this seems doable for our boys. Our confidence is high.

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Second Round: Ivory Coast vs Georgia

Our wonderful journey continues! We took an early lead through Mikautadze and seemed in control when they scored the equalizer after an hour. Not much more happened in this even game and so it went to extra time. There, we had only one chance and we clinically converted it: Mikautadze got to the ball right outside the box after Sylla fumbled it and released a bolt of a shot to win us the game. We parked the bus after that to ensure our advance into the next round. Mikautadze will surely receive a statue in his hometown after this performance.

spacer.png

We were lucky again with our next opponents. Jamaica pulled off the biggest upset of the World Cup yet, defeating Italy 1-0.

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Round of 16: Georgia vs Jamaica

This is getting better and better! Not much happened in the game until 5 minutes from time... Kvaradona had a quiet game until this special 85th minute when he converted a wonderful cross from Mikautadze, who himself was sent down the right flank by a superb pass from Gagnize. This proved to be the only goal on that evening and we went through to the quarter finals. Jamaica never really posed a thread as their only weapon was long shots from outside the area which proved highly unsuccessful for them. I wonder how they were able to defeat Italy in the round before?! Anyway - we are through to the next round and our wonderful journey goes on!

The decisive goal:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Gagnize sent Mikautadze running down the right flank...

spacer.png

...who beat Omar Richards...

spacer.png

...and brought in a perfect low cross for Kvaradona...

spacer.png

...who fired us into the next round!

spacer.png

Again, we will meet a -supposedly- "easy" opponent. This time it is Ecuador, who disposed of favorite Argentina in the previous round! This alone should keep us on our toes!

Edited by Carambau

4 hours ago, Carambau said:

we will meet a -supposedly- "easy" opponent. This time it is Ecuador

Just ride that wave all the way :D

Great thread, be wary if Ecuador they turned into a south American powerhouse in one of my long-term saves, winning back to back WCs

19 minutes ago, lblanc said:

Great thread, be wary if Ecuador they turned into a south American powerhouse in one of my long-term saves, winning back to back WCs

Thanks bud :) We are on the lookout!

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Quarter Final: Georgia vs Ecuador

This must be a dream and we don´t ever want to wake up again! Our team showed a masterclass in football, beating Ecuador 5-0. Yes - we scored FIVE goals in a World Cup Quarter Final against the team that defeated Argentina. Sometimes you just cannot explain what happens on the pitch. This is such a case. We are in the SEMI FINAL and the celebrations in Georgia are still ongoing.

And our wing back Azarovi scored a fantastic goal which rivals Maradonas 1986 WC goal vs England:

Spoiler

spacer.png

Tabidze starts the attack by passing the ball to Azarovi...

spacer.png

...who then starts to run towards goal...

spacer.png

...no Ecuadorian player is challenging him so he keeps dribbling into the box...

spacer.png

...when finally their number 11 realizes Azarovi should be stopped...

spacer.png

...but it´s too late. Azarovi fires home and scores our 4th goal.

spacer.png

Oh the oldest of enemies in football then. We ultimately meet an opponent that is a giant. And we are the dwarfes. But who doesn´t believe in fairy tales?

Edited by Carambau

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Semi Final: England vs Georgia

We gave it our all. But i was not enough. They scored a goal, one single goal, that secured their way to the World Cup Final. Phil Foden scored 11 minutes from time to send us into the valley of tears. But not long after the final whistle reality set in and we understood that we should not cry but be proud of what we achieved here. We, tiny Georgia, made it to the semi finals of th World Cup! We, tiny Georgia, are currently one of the 4 best teams in the world. We, tiny Georgia, dared to dream and we almost won it all. Our journey might be over but what we achieved will stand forever. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

And there is still another game to make our country even more proud of us.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Third Place Playoff: Norway vs Georgia

We had hope for 12 minutes. Kvaradona gave us the lead after 19 minutes but Haaland equalized after those 12 minutes. We fought hard but somehow we just did not have the strength anymore to go all the way and then came Sorloth and finished us off with 2 goals deep into the second half. Anyway. We finished 4th at the World Cup. Georgia!

spacer.png

spacer.png

In the end, football did not come home and France won the EURO.

spacer.png

And thats it for Baxter. He did all he could and now is the time to step down. A short save but a delightful one. Thank you all for reading and posting! I hope you enjoyed our ride!

2 hours ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

Georgia On My Mind

FIFA World Cup 2026

spacer.png

Third Place Playoff: Norway vs Georgia

We had hope for 12 minutes. Kvaradona gave us the lead after 19 minutes but Haaland equalized after those 12 minutes. We fought hard but somehow we just did not have the strength anymore to go all the way and then came Sorloth and finished us off with 2 goals deep into the second half. Anyway. We finished 4th at the World Cup. Georgia!

spacer.png

spacer.png

In the end, football did not come home and France won the EURO.

spacer.png

And thats it for Baxter. He did all he could and now is the time to step down. A short save but a delightful one. Thank you all for reading and posting! I hope you enjoyed our ride!

Short sharp and spectacular