Very big problem, online is so slow ! We need your help please !

Hi,

First, sorry for my bad language...

Im French ,and i play FM since the first one Championship Manager, in 1991 or 1992 (was DOMARK) without real names of players ans just in England.
The second one, with real names, with foreign players (but never can bought my favourite one GAZZA, the only one Paul Gascoigne :(:(:(), and a major bug which crash the game when our players wanted tit io move abroad :seagull:
We had to fine him until he wanted to stay in England or fire him at the end of season to continue the game :lol: And the game spent around 4 hours to ending and starting new season :onmehead:

Championship Italia, Guy Roux Manager, CM2, CM3, CM4 and became Football Manager...

So with my best friend we play the game since we have 12/13 old. Now we are around 45, and we still play sometimes :D

But we have a big problem online. Since a longtime. But lately it s just unplayable for my friend.
As host, i have no problem, but for him each click take around 10 seconds !! His matchs are so slow. Around 20 minutes for a single match. I have to wait more than 15 minutes each time. He sent me a video, key moments are ok, but the timer si very very slow between each chances/attempts. Each around 20 seconds, timer blocks and restart :seagull:

So we have stopped to play.

Our networks are very good with fiber-optic. Mine around 500M/s dl and 300 ul and his around 150dl and 100 ul.

My laptop is a HONOR MagicBook X 16 - Intel Core i5 12450H 2ghz up to 4.4ghz. Memory 16Go LPDDR 4x4266Mhz - Hard drive 512go.

We have around 25000 players. It's not very much i think. Very low details to see matchs.

Could you help us, please ? What could we do ?

Is it my computer ?

Maybe could we test a game for 1 or 2 games with someone ? Me as host and me as joiner to know if the problem is my computer, my router or some ports ?
Thanks a lot.

Sebastien.

4 hours ago, Marat said:

Hi,

First, sorry for my bad language...

Im French ,and i play FM since the first one Championship Manager, in 1991 or 1992 (was DOMARK) without real names of players ans just in England.
The second one, with real names, with foreign players (but never can bought my favourite one GAZZA, the only one Paul Gascoigne :(:(:(), and a major bug which crash the game when our players wanted tit io move abroad :seagull:
We had to fine him until he wanted to stay in England or fire him at the end of season to continue the game :lol: And the game spent around 4 hours to ending and starting new season :onmehead:

Championship Italia, Guy Roux Manager, CM2, CM3, CM4 and became Football Manager...

So with my best friend we play the game since we have 12/13 old. Now we are around 45, and we still play sometimes :D

But we have a big problem online. Since a longtime. But lately it s just unplayable for my friend.
As host, i have no problem, but for him each click take around 10 seconds !! His matchs are so slow. Around 20 minutes for a single match. I have to wait more than 15 minutes each time. He sent me a video, key moments are ok, but the timer si very very slow between each chances/attempts. Each around 20 seconds, timer blocks and restart :seagull:

So we have stopped to play.

Our networks are very good with fiber-optic. Mine around 500M/s dl and 300 ul and his around 150dl and 100 ul.

My laptop is a HONOR MagicBook X 16 - Intel Core i5 12450H 2ghz up to 4.4ghz. Memory 16Go LPDDR 4x4266Mhz - Hard drive 512go.

We have around 25000 players. It's not very much i think. Very low details to see matchs.

Could you help us, please ? What could we do ?

Is it my computer ?

Maybe could we test a game for 1 or 2 games with someone ? Me as host and me as joiner to know if the problem is my computer, my router or some ports ?
Thanks a lot.

Sebastien.

Hello, maybe your friend should increase his match speed for highlights or you can do this method as the host when creating another online save..

Screenshot 2024-06-24 154951.png

Hello XV :)

It was already done.

We have download QuickCPU to boost our laptop performances... We ll try soon and hope it will increase the game's speed.

I ll tell you.

Maybe, if somebody has another idea, it will be welcome :)

Edited by Marat

Usually tools that promise to speed up your CPU performance these days tend not to really achieve anything as it's baked into the OS.

I play a network game and it's become a bit of a common occurrence at times that his matches take a long time to complete. Sequentially we try:

- He disconnects and reconnects
- Disable any VPN's/interference with connection
- Save up FM, close down and reopen for both of us
- He tries a router reset

More often than not we see a performance improvement after step 3, but I think with older hardware there is only so much that can be done.