Nearly everything becomes view only?

rusty217

Wondering if anybody has encountered this issue before? Just got to the season end update and nearly everthing in the game has become view only. I look at the job security page and it only shows the Ghanaian Premier League. Go to a club with no manager, eg. Liverpool since Klopp just left, and there's no option to apply. Try adding a new manager and everything is greyed out except for Ghana. International jobs don't show up either. Haven't been fired from my job either so I can keep playing, just not able to ever change club.

I'm assuming this is some kind of editor issue, but what could cause it? And why is Ghana seemingly immune?

Which competition/nation are you playing?

Could have to do with edited files, but it's an odd one. I think there might have been a bug for that, but not sure though.

13 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Which competition/nation are you playing?

Could have to do with edited files, but it's an odd one. I think there might have been a bug for that, but not sure though.

I'm managing like 20 different clubs all over the world.

Makes it extra annoying since that means it's taken a couple hundred hours just to complete the first season. Things worked 5th June, I added 2 new managers then for Red Star/Partizan. But now my most recent save is 12th June where everything is already broken (I didn't notice until 1st July). Holidayed up to 19th July so far hoping things would work out and it's still broken. Ghana is the only nation that works.

Ok, call me surprised and intrigued. Could you list your files so I can do a comparable test? In PM is ok too if that’s easier.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Ok, call me surprised and intrigued. Could you list your files so I can do a comparable test? In PM is ok too if that’s easier.

Easier said than done, I'm using around 200 files :D

I do have a save file from when I first started the save, as well as Dec/Jan backups (I typically make extra saves at the start/end of every year/season in case I want to go back and check any data). Currently testing my original save file to see if it's a repeatable issue, it's a pretty large file so isn't quick to simulate though.

I could send the initial save file if you want, but it's 194MB, so any suggestions for how to share it?

Edit: Holidays up to mid-June from the Jan backup (took quite awhile!) and nothing broke this time. What happened between Jan and June that caused it to go wrong?

Edited by rusty217

8 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Easier said than done, I'm using around 200 files :D

I do have a save file from when I first started the save, as well as Dec/Jan backups (I typically make extra saves at the start/end of every year/season in case I want to go back and check any data). Currently testing my original save file to see if it's a repeatable issue, it's a pretty large file so isn't quick to simulate though.

I could send the initial save file if you want, but it's 194MB, so any suggestions for how to share it?

Edit: Holidays up to mid-June from the Jan backup (took quite awhile!) and nothing broke this time. What happened between Jan and June that caused it to go wrong?

:lol: Yeah, that's an issue to get that aligned.

First thought is random glitch. Have had those several times through the years and never able to replicate, but the issue you describe is something that sounds familiar. I have looked through the bugs, but wasn't able to drag something up that looked like.

19 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

:lol: Yeah, that's an issue to get that aligned.

First thought is random glitch. Have had those several times through the years and never able to replicate, but the issue you describe is something that sounds familiar. I have looked through the bugs, but wasn't able to drag something up that looked like.

Yeah, probably just something random. Actually had something somewhat similar last year, but it only affected Spain and it fired my manager in Spain too so was a bit more complete. That was fixed by the last update to the game though, and I had a save just before it happened so not too bad.

Really annoying that I don't have a save before. Having to go 6 months back is pretty insane given the way I play and how long it takes. It took hours just to simulate that time, let alone playing it. Ugh and FM25 is still so far away for a new save. Feels too late to start a new FM24 save too (it really annoys me if things don't go the same as IRL, so starting from 23/24 when the whole season is complete will be problematic).

Maybe I'll try an international only save or perhaps South America only and start in Jan 2024. Just until FM25 comes out (hurry up SI!).