More Long balls behind defense

Hey,

how do I instruct players to attempt more of these? They never do it, even though I have attack-minded, Much more direct, pass into space, cross earlier, Poacher. 

Formation 3-4-3 / 3-6-1 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by FalseZero

In the transistion screen there is a "Distribute over opposition defence" option - I am not sure how it works but it should help with the long ball game.

Edited by jcafcwbb

I suppose the obvious question is are the opposition actually leaving you enough space to pass into in the first place? You mentioned being 'attack-minded' which I assume means Attacking mentality. If so, are your players already too high up the pitch to have enough space to play long balls in behind?

On top of that, make sure the players you expect to play these passes have the appropriate roles to allow them to take such risks, e.g. a playmaker is more likely to play more risky passes than a CM(D), and a Ball-playing Defender more likely than a Central Defender. You could also check whether some of your players have traits like 'Plays short simple passes' which would prevent them playing many long balls.

You need to play as Stoke City or have a database that has Bolton under Sam Allardyce activated for this tactic to work