Playing FMM24 Or Stick With FMM23

Just downloaded this year's mobile game and Netflix. I'm not sure if I should sign up to the £4.99 a month with Netflix so I can play this year's game or if I should just stick to the 23 version. I'm not sure if I want to pay close to £60 a year just so I can play this year's game which usually would only cost me under £10. Plus this year's game has minimal changes and I have read that there are still many things wrong with the game. What's everyone's experience with this year's Netflix game? Anyone sign up or did you just continue with 23? 

• SI Staff
On 25/06/2024 at 13:59, Hummingbird Saltalamacchia said:

Just downloaded this year's mobile game and Netflix. I'm not sure if I should sign up to the £4.99 a month with Netflix so I can play this year's game or if I should just stick to the 23 version. I'm not sure if I want to pay close to £60 a year just so I can play this year's game which usually would only cost me under £10. Plus this year's game has minimal changes and I have read that there are still many things wrong with the game. What's everyone's experience with this year's Netflix game? Anyone sign up or did you just continue with 23? 

We've an awful lot of people playing through Netflix (I'm a developer not a biz person, but our user figured are up considerably since the move) - with regards to whether these are people who subscribed specifically to play FMM, I have no idea - but its great that so many people are enjoying the game in my opinion, I make the game to be played after all :D

• 1 month later...

FMM24 is a reskin and roster update of FMM23 and that it.

if you’re wondering if a Netflix subscription is worth it for all the movies and shows, for sure. If you’re wondering if it’s worth it to play FMM24, absolutely not.

SI has all but washed their hands with FMM24. Enjoy FMM23 for what it is.

• SI Staff
19 hours ago, Endymio said:

FMM24 is a reskin and roster update of FMM23 and that it.

I'm not certain why you would think that? - there are a lot of new features and a heck of a lot of work went into FMM24, same as with the game every year.

Hopefully this years game will change your viewpoint on this side of things.

19 hours ago, Endymio said:

SI has all but washed their hands with FMM24. Enjoy FMM23 for what it is.

If you mean that we're now working on next years game and have released the final update for FMM24 - then yes that is the case obviously as is the case every year as we have to start work on the subsequent version at some point.

• SI Staff
8 hours ago, Navelgazer said:

Will FMM24 be removed from Netflix when FMM25 comes out ? 

Wonder if it's worth starting a new save or just continue my saves from FMM22 & 23?

At this time the details for FMM25 haven't been announced so for obvious reasons I can't go into things in any depth, but rest assured we aim to ensure that people playing FMM24 aren't adversely affected when the new edition is released.

33 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

At this time the details for FMM25 haven't been announced so for obvious reasons I can't go into things in any depth, but rest assured we aim to ensure that people playing FMM24 aren't adversely affected when the new edition is released.

Thanks for the reply. Not started a career but been having lots of fun on the challenges , definitely upgrade on 23

• SI Staff
20 hours ago, Navelgazer said:

Thanks for the reply. Not started a career but been having lots of fun on the challenges , definitely upgrade on 23

btw in case you weren't aware during a career game you can actually manually trigger most of the challenges as in-game narratives (they'll happen naturally in game when appropriate also) ... the ability is located in preferences-narratives.

Disclaimer - you don't get achievements for completing them (or an 'end screen' when they occur in a career game).