Player Interactions - FM 24 in a nutshell

New FM 24 save with Barcelona, currently at the start of my 3rd season. For the past 2 seasons, Viktor Gyokeres has been my main striker. He is doing a really great job so I do not wish to sell him. Summer of 2026, 1 week before the end of the summer transfer window, Arsenal decides to make an offer which I refuse. Since for whatever reason he is keen on joining Arsenal (considering I've just won a treble and Arsenal are not actually competing for anything), he then becomes unhappy (what a surprise). Next day the majority of my players are unhappy for keeping a player against his will, while I'm trying to convince them that selling our starting striker and one of our best players might not be a good idea. 

After a second bid, I decide to let him go considering he is now creating issues and to go for Rasmus Hojlund as his replacement. So Hojlund joins FCB and Gyokeres joins Arsenal for around 106 million euros. The very next day my squad complains that I sold our main striker and are now unhappy....
You can't script this really. 

Hopefully this will be a thing of the past with FM 25, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Edited by Vader17

This all needs massively toning down. You end up with mutiny scenarios that very, very rarely happen in real life.

Just turn the whole thing off if need be. 

Edited by DP

Ironically had you sold Gyokeres first, then had the squad complain so you can promise to buy a replacement, then bought Hojlund, you might have been OK.

It’s dumb and it is massively over-tuned. If there ever was a justified use of the IGE, it’s ‘remove all unhappiness’ on a squad that just had a :idiot: tantrum.

Same as Player Meetings. Because your not giving playing time to the 4th Choice keeper, they throw a Wobbler.

Savescumming is perfectly jusitfied in these Secnarios, as well as the Team Meetings, which are a crapshoot at best.

Posted (edited)

Overall every form of interaction in this game is completely broken or useless. From player interactions down to staff advice. 2 examples of that:

- in every save since the beginning of time, my world class gk coach suggests to teach my gk to use both feet. I do that, so when he becomes able to use both feet, the very same gk coach suggests to teach him to avoid using his weaker foot. That specific thing, I reported a long way ago, some moderator replied something in the line they didn't know that was a thing and they would look into it. Tell me you don't actually play the game without telling me you don't play the game.

- I always prefer that one of my 2 CB in a 4-3-3 stays back all the time so I try to have the trait taught. Ask X coach to teach my player to stay back all the time. His reply " I do not think this is a good idea". Very well says I. Can you suggest a better move/trait? I kid you not, he recommended to ask my player to stay back at all times.

I have been playing this game since its CM 03/04 era and I can give you like 200 examples of things like that, that either make no sense or just don't work at all.  But when you report something, the moderators won't acknowledge it because they simply do not play the game or they are so entitled. 

Right at the beginning of the the FM 24 Beta cycle, I noticed there was an issue with the IF role, they were acting a lot more like wingers instead of cutting inside and act as goal scorers. Long story short, I created a thread, they completely disregarded the post saying they do not have enough data that this happens (not even say we'll take a look at it). It was only after other people starting posting on the same post about the same exact issue they actually bothered to acknowledge it.  So yeah...

Edited by Vader17

Player interactions are infuriating but I think the main reason is because we're not actually interacting. The options are too limited and the effects too binary to be realistic.

I've had players complaining about a lack of depth at GK. I then sign a backup GK who is second choice for England. Not good enough, apparently. I have players demanding to play more who have a Squad Player squad status. I can understand their personality will affect how they interact with me, but what annoys me is when some of the team leaders come to me complaining he should get more game time, including the star player who plays in they guy's position. I think the lack of transparency in the interactions and the exaggerated effect they have on the team is the problem here.

Every FM same interactions issues.

Few metches left to finish season. Safe 1st place and secured champions league spot. Then suddently player X  wants to leave because he wants to play in champions league and he doesn't believe he can achieve this in our club. He want to leave to the club that is currently in 8th position :lol:

Posted (edited)

I gave up on FM24 in the middle of my first season and just went back to 22. I was having fun with the ME but couldnt be arsed with so many interactions and my inbox having 60 messages every time I pressed the spacebar

Edited by orlyzao