Help crafting a high-pressing tactic

Hi, I'm relatively new to the whole Football Manager series. My first real attempt at playing FM has been this year's version (FM24). 

I am a huge Liverpool fan and have loved the way that Jurgen Klopp has enabled the team to play these past few years. High-intensity football has always been a welcome contrast to the more methodical possession-based system of Guardiola (although I also love seeing Manchester City play). 

I wanted to ask: what are the core tenets for creating a high-pressing, Klopp-esque football philosophy within Football Manager?

I want to know the principles behind such a system and how I can replicate it within Football Manager.

15 hours ago, AhmedR1711 said:

Hi, I'm relatively new to the whole Football Manager series. My first real attempt at playing FM has been this year's version (FM24). 

I am a huge Liverpool fan and have loved the way that Jurgen Klopp has enabled the team to play these past few years. High-intensity football has always been a welcome contrast to the more methodical possession-based system of Guardiola (although I also love seeing Manchester City play). 

I wanted to ask: what are the core tenets for creating a high-pressing, Klopp-esque football philosophy within Football Manager?

I want to know the principles behind such a system and how I can replicate it within Football Manager.

You'll want athletic, hardworking players while playing on a narrow width w/counter-press for a Klopp-esque approach. Klopp's system worked very well circa 2018-2020, so I would look at the setups around then. That should serve as a good starting point!