Help with my tactic!

image.jpeg.27fece8bfe78f696d22c3660b34d2f00.jpeg

So I have used this tactic and made various tweaks over the last 4 seasons. It worked wonders at Crystal Palace where I won x2 FA Cup, 1x League Cup, and 1x Champions League. At Palace, the tactic never dominated possession, but it consistently got results against big teams, including beating Man City 7-1, and Barcelona (A) 3-0 in the Champions League. I have now moved to Liverpool and the tactic was hopeless initially, we never controlled games, kept conceding, so I had to switch to a more defensive 4231 type system. The Liverpool team i inherited was one that was consistently finishing 4th, and was not really challenging for trophies, so I knew it would take some work. I have started to sign the players I want for my system, Jafett Nieto in the 6, and Neyrasho Stuut on the wing, they have improved the team and our results. Results have improved, we have just won the league cup, but we still don't keep enough possession for my liking.  Before the final we lost 4-0 to Arsenal (A), and 4-1 to City (H), but then beat Chelsea 5-0 at home and then 3-1 in the final. I had pass into space as an instruction, but turned that off to keep more of the ball. But, I'm having to make changes in game more regularly than I would like, sometimes I have to go more direct to control the ball more, other times i have to instruct the players to slow down and play shorter. I am aware different teams cause us different issues and tweaks have to be made, but this tactic was never this unstable at Palace. So do you guys have any advice on what to change in this tactic to control games more? 

6 hours ago, AnfieldAura said:

image.jpeg.27fece8bfe78f696d22c3660b34d2f00.jpeg

So I have used this tactic and made various tweaks over the last 4 seasons. It worked wonders at Crystal Palace where I won x2 FA Cup, 1x League Cup, and 1x Champions League. At Palace, the tactic never dominated possession, but it consistently got results against big teams, including beating Man City 7-1, and Barcelona (A) 3-0 in the Champions League. I have now moved to Liverpool and the tactic was hopeless initially, we never controlled games, kept conceding, so I had to switch to a more defensive 4231 type system. The Liverpool team i inherited was one that was consistently finishing 4th, and was not really challenging for trophies, so I knew it would take some work. I have started to sign the players I want for my system, Jafett Nieto in the 6, and Neyrasho Stuut on the wing, they have improved the team and our results. Results have improved, we have just won the league cup, but we still don't keep enough possession for my liking.  Before the final we lost 4-0 to Arsenal (A), and 4-1 to City (H), but then beat Chelsea 5-0 at home and then 3-1 in the final. I had pass into space as an instruction, but turned that off to keep more of the ball. But, I'm having to make changes in game more regularly than I would like, sometimes I have to go more direct to control the ball more, other times i have to instruct the players to slow down and play shorter. I am aware different teams cause us different issues and tweaks have to be made, but this tactic was never this unstable at Palace. So do you guys have any advice on what to change in this tactic to control games more? 

You have a lot of roles + Tis designed to progress the ball quickly through the thirds, try toning things down and working on your defensive shape. A simple 3-2 in possession will go a long way, I'd also recommend trimming the TIs.

Edited by Cloud9