Game 37: Germany vs Denmark live from the BVB Stadion Dortmund. Saturday ITV1 8pm

Who will be the winner?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the winner?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/06/24 at 18:59

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schlotterbeck has learned that long pass trait from Hummels, Musiala ain't going to do what Sane and Kai do, bang, lovely goal

That most be the most frustrating thing for Füllkrug, they have like 10 chances to put a cross in, and not a single cross. find that annyoing.

1 minute ago, Pedwar Pump said:

England weren’t gifted a penalty and a free goal cancellation clause to be fair

England didn't attack enough to be gifted a free goldfish let alone a penalty

6 minutes ago, davehanson said:

It feels wrong because the handball rules is a joke

I don't disagree, I do think handball rules are a bit harsh as it stands

It became clearer which ones are handball and which ones aren't though. Otherwise it becomes a game of "is this shot close enough to call handball or not"

7 minutes ago, Pedwar Pump said:

England weren’t gifted a penalty and a free goal cancellation clause to be fair

Denmark were also given one in about the 5th minute...

1 minute ago, Smallen said:

Danes just don’t have any quality up front to hurt Germany with

They were like this in the World Cup, work hard, technically competent, toothless in attack

This could actually be the game that kills my enthusiasm for football, the officiating and VAR have just drained all the joy out of it, regardless of whether the end decisions are technically correct or not. 

8 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

Has it been that bad? I think it's been a decent watch.

No not bad. Just long. No one's fault, it was the weather.

40 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

OH MY DAYS

Does this mean England aren’t awful after all? :eek:

Hopefully this doesn't confirm England as being awful. We can blame VAR, right?

Just now, Darren Moores Mum said:

"Back to their old selves"

Don't think Germany were that good, Clive.

Yeah, got the calls, got the luck and then punished the Danes when they had to go forward a bit. Don't think they are all that

I though Denmark played better tonight than they did against England. And they got stuffed. Whoever wins out of that Germany, Spain, France, Portugal, Belgium gauntlet will win this tournament unfortunately. Up to us, the Dutch and the Swiss, maybe Austria to stop them. I can see one of Switzerland or Austria getting to the final but winning the lot? Can't see it against the other half unfortunately.

Edited by av3ry

17 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Bit of a damp squib from Clive. I thought he might go out with another VAR rant.

Very low key goodnight, didn't even really say goodbye, shame I expected a decent monologue at least

Yet another big game ruined by a soft VAR handball penalty. The thing absolutely nobody was demanding more of before they decided to spoil the sport by giving way, way more of them.

I hate them with a passion. Zero players and fans have ever complained that not enough pens were being given for handball, hardly anybody has ever deliberately handballed to gain an advantage, and almost no handballs ever particularly affect the chances of a team scoring. But here we are thanks to some weird wave of bizarre, senseless dogmatism at the expense of sport, of fairness, of risk / reward and jeopardy being balanced to produce a worthwhile spectacle, and now it feels like about 1 in 3 big games are massively affected by them.

Penalties as a whole need to be reformed because the punishment is wildly disproportionate to the crime in almost all cases, but these are the worst. Years of top-level football have been horribly tainted by VAR and especially by soft fv<king VAR handball penalties. Fv<k off.

Edited by ceefax the cat

2 hours ago, ceefax the cat said:

Yet another big game ruined by a soft VAR handball penalty. The thing absolutely nobody was demanding more of before they decided to spoil the sport by giving way, way more of them.

I hate them with a passion. Zero players and fans have ever complained that not enough pens were being given for handball, hardly anybody has ever deliberately handballed to gain an advantage, and almost no handballs ever particularly affect the chances of a team scoring. But here we are thanks to some weird wave of bizarre, senseless dogmatism at the expense of sport, of fairness, of risk / reward and jeopardy being balanced to produce a worthwhile spectacle, and now it feels like about 1 in 3 big games are massively affected by them.

Penalties as a whole need to be reformed because the punishment is wildly disproportionate to the crime in almost all cases, but these are the worst. Years of top-level football have been horribly tainted by VAR and especially by soft fv<king VAR handball penalties. Fv<k off.

I'm German and biased, but I agree with you 100%. 

The offside is offside, this is why we have the semi auto VAR. Baffling that there is so much chat about it beyond it affecting the underdog.

The handball while technically correct (the best kind of correct) is obviously a bit annoying especially as the hand isn't up rather it's out away from his body to balance him turning from the cross. You'd be annoyed to concede that one.

And the dissent stuff getting booked is fine and has happened all tournament.

Clear and obvious has never been a thing for offsides. It's a 100% factual decision, you're either offside or you're not. How ones that close should be handled and what the rules should be is a separate debate.