Set-up "day-by-day" career

I've been thinking about doing those kind of careers forever and I think now is the best time.

What's a "day-by-day career"? Don't know how to actually call it. It's a career where 1 day IRL=1 day in-game.

Considering this is a career I'd love to keep playing for a long time i need a few tips to set it up correctly.

I, for sure, wanna play with a local club and play an attribute-less save.

Do you have any tips to not have issues in the long future? Even something you'd do to keep the immersion and enjoyment maximum

22 minutes ago, Andrew Marines said:

I've been thinking about doing those kind of careers forever and I think now is the best time.

What's a "day-by-day career"? Don't know how to actually call it. It's a career where 1 day IRL=1 day in-game.

Considering this is a career I'd love to keep playing for a long time i need a few tips to set it up correctly.

Do you have any tips to not have issues in the long future? Even something you'd do to keep the immersion and enjoyment maximum

I'd be amazed if you found anyone who actually stuck to doing this kind of save. I can see it being fun to an extent if you followed the same team in real life and you had the real fixtures, but to go any further than season 1 would be in my eyes really boring. Good luck though.

32 minutes ago, Andrew Marines said:

I would definitely start in July 2024 instead of 2023. As it is the pre-season just starting, this would be an ideal moment to do it. 

As this would also be a save where simulation speed doesn't matter at all, I would use a fairly big database, load most of the more interesting leagues and would simulate them in full detail. This creates a decent base for a realistic simulation. 

I would otherwise find this kind of save an intriguing one but I'm one of those players who lose interest in the previous version when the new one is out. Obviously for example FM 2008 is a version where I still returned in the early 2010s but otherwise I don't stick to an older version of the game. 

Posted (edited)
21 minuti fa, El Payaso ha scritto:

I would definitely start in July 2024 instead of 2023. As it is the pre-season just starting, this would be an ideal moment to do it. 

As this would also be a save where simulation speed doesn't matter at all, I would use a fairly big database, load most of the more interesting leagues and would simulate them in full detail. This creates a decent base for a realistic simulation. 

I would otherwise find this kind of save an intriguing one but I'm one of those players who lose interest in the previous version when the new one is out. Obviously for example FM 2008 is a version where I still returned in the early 2010s but otherwise I don't stick to an older version of the game. 

I had the same ideas about loading everything.

Obviously I'm gonna start from the current IRL day. I'd probably need to get an updated teams DB.

I would probably transfer my save from FM24 to FM25(obv if it's worth buying it)

Edited by Andrew Marines

29 minuti fa, MichaelNevo ha scritto:

but to go any further than season 1 would be in my eyes really boring

That's why I'm asking for ideas here.

Surely playing attribute-less will make the game a bit more difficult but I need a lot more than that to actually not bore myself

11 minutes ago, Andrew Marines said:

That's why I'm asking for ideas here.

Surely playing attribute-less will make the game a bit more difficult but I need a lot more than that to actually not bore myself

Yeah definitely, you'd need to immerse yourself into every scrap of detail the game has to offer, so you feel like you're really managing the club properly, which would include proper use of the scouting system.

It's going to need you to really, really want to do it, as the game really isn't set up in a way that makes this kind of save at all interesting.  So many of your days literally nothing is going to happen, and there isn't really much you can do to change that.  

I'm not trying to disencourage anyone, but I think this type of save would make sense if training in FM was similar to real life, which is not the case. Some days IRL football theres is just training and nothing else, in FM training is just a schedule you set and press continue to work. 

Posted (edited)
19 ore fa, forameuss ha scritto:

So many of your days literally nothing is going to happen, and there isn't really much you can do to change that.  

18 ore fa, Rodrigogc ha scritto:

Some days IRL football theres is just training and nothing else, in FM training is just a schedule you set and press continue to work. 

I'm actually happier if some days i just have to click twice and clsoe the game tbf.

FM bores me after 30 minutes i opened it.

I just need to have a great idea of how to manage it nicely

Edited by Andrew Marines

Your mileage may vary of course, but if you're bored playing the game in the normal sense, I can't see you ever changing that by playing less and 4 or 5 days of the week having nothing to do.  

Posted (edited)
30 minuti fa, forameuss ha scritto:

Your mileage may vary of course, but if you're bored playing the game in the normal sense, I can't see you ever changing that by playing less and 4 or 5 days of the week having nothing to do.  

I'm bored cause i'm not immersed in the save.

A lot of the times, i feel like a god playing the game. I don't want that.

Edited by Andrew Marines

37 minutos atrás, Andrew Marines disse:

I'm bored cause i'm not immersed in the save.

A lot of the times, i feel like a god playing the game. I don't want that.

Even playing attributeless ? The only way I know to increase difficulty and challenge is by playing attributeless and managing a low level team. 

44 minuti fa, Rodrigogc ha scritto:

Even playing attributeless ? The only way I know to increase difficulty and challenge is by playing attributeless and managing a low level team. 

once you know the players' strengths you don't need to know if dribbling is 13 or 14 or 15. The only thing i noticed as a difference is that i buy a bit older players, nothing else