How do you make teams enter national cup competition later?

De Nile

I have a cup with 5 rounds. Round 1, Round 2, Quarter Final, Semi Final, Final. 

I have a second division of 8 teams and 4 of the best can go to promotion group to battle for promotion. 

I would like the 4 who did not get into the promotion group the season before to start at Round 1.

I have a first division of 9 teams and the champions begin at Quarter Final. 

The rest start at Round 2. 

How do I structure the format in advanced rules. 

To make the teams at the top of the teams list come in first, I have stage/general/"reverse teams" checked, then under "team list changes" I add an entry with the start index and end index reflecting the overall amount of teams (so, 0 to 9 for ten teams in this stage). "Reverse teams" is checked here as well (but not "randomize teams")

4 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

To make the teams at the top of the teams list come in first, I have stage/general/"reverse teams" checked, then under "team list changes" I add an entry with the start index and end index reflecting the overall amount of teams (so, 0 to 9 for ten teams in this stage). "Reverse teams" is checked here as well (but not "randomize teams")

I have done this for "team list changes" (see pictures) and "team seeding" which isn't picking from the order I would like.

image.png

image.png

Looks like you've done the opposite actually. Uncheck randomize teams, and check reverse teams. Change 16 to 15 (a range of 0 to 15 is sixteen teams). In the list itself, change the order from bottom to top (I said this method is for teams at the top to come in first)

image.png.189aa626c8ada627b697f472f5a523ee.png

Check "Reverse Teams?", replace Hong Kong with your choice of competition and ???? be the stage of promotion group, would this not work? It picks from top to bottom order, so the seeding won't be messed up by later rules. You might not need team list changes with this one🤔