Pre select existing manager instead of creating one ?

Good evening I know a lot of us like to play our game as real as possible. I’m sick of creating an existing manager and deleting him out of the game. Can we pre select and existing manager to keep it authentic as possible ???

Posted (edited)

That would be cool, personally I always felt terrible booting Wenger and now Arteta out to manage Arsenal :( Although he always landed on his feet of course haha. I wish you could ask them "hey, fancy being my Assistant?" although I suppose that's not too realistic either. Although I suppose taking over a club with no experience or badges, is also unrealistic

Edited by Mobius

I’m not sure about literally playing as a manager already in the game, but I would very much like to be able to set a previous managerial career as part of my profile, so that the start of a new save is not always my avatar’s first managerial job.

I just think for myself as an example I want to keep the game as realistic as possible so if I manage a specific team eg Manchester United I just want to pre select the current manager instead of re creating him and deleting him from the database. FIFA career mode incorporated this. It makes it feel more realistic 

21 hours ago, Mobius said:

That would be cool, personally I always felt terrible booting Wenger and now Arteta out to manage Arsenal :( Although he always landed on his feet of course haha. I wish you could ask them "hey, fancy being my Assistant?" although I suppose that's not too realistic either. Although I suppose taking over a club with no experience or badges, is also unrealistic

I got round this at Barcelona by using the editor to make Xavi DoF, starting 1/7/2023. So when I start the game and take over, it's into an empty role and the game recognises that I've replaced Xavi. I also get asked about him and his new role in my first press conference so it works really well.

Always wanted to have this feature in the game but I think it fights against the idea of creating your own managerial journey. 

I had a strange thing happening in FM 2009 when I took over Mexican national team as Luis "Matador" Hernández with right birth dates, places etc (don't remember which were included in the game back then). For some reason my manager profile also had the correct amount of caps and goals. Hard to think that this was any kind of luck as back then I don't think the game in general added any info like this even though you chose to go with international footballer experience (again not sure if this even existed on FM 2009).

10 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I’m not sure about literally playing as a manager already in the game, but I would very much like to be able to set a previous managerial career as part of my profile, so that the start of a new save is not always my avatar’s first managerial job.

Or at least a playing career.

On 02/07/2024 at 06:05, Mobius said:

I wish you could ask them "hey, fancy being my Assistant?" although I suppose that's not too realistic either.

Actually had something like that happen once. I agreed to take a job at the end of the season, IIRC it was Arsenal too. But shortly after that they gave the job to somebody else (can't remember who exactly, but definitely one of the top managers). I was like WTF? But then the end of the season came and I still took the job, with the other guy they hired being booted down to assistant manager instead. Silly FM things.

Posted (edited)

I'm surpised they don't have a direcor of football mode. I've always expected that to add it in but it never has been.

I think it would be very interesting and as far as I can tell it wouldn't be anymore difficult to implement than what they have.

I know you can do it by making your assitant manager I manage games whilst you holiday - but it's not the same as the utility to hire people like Mourihnho, Klopp, Simeone etc... would be.

For people who like singing regens espeically I think it would be enjoyalble as you'd blitz through seasons in no time as well.

Edited by Craig_J

Posted (edited)
On 01/07/2024 at 22:05, Mobius said:

I went on holiday the first season before I took over and made up some story in my head as to why I was in charge and not Tricky Mikky. 

I couldn't just replace him day one...

Edited by KillYourIdols

I sometimes just create the team's current manager as my avatar, so that way it isnm't unrealistic in that regard. For example, in my Athletic Club game, I started off as Valverde, and then I "retired" him with the editor, and then after a few years, I changed the manager to Iraola because Valverde is already pretty old, and then just retired Iraola in-game.