• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Match Twenty-Two

22.thumb.png.f29098e91486465d58460016ac489d33.png

Nottingham Post

That's 2 losses in a row to start the month and 2 matches where you've only managed 10 total shots combined... 4 of which were on target.  What's happened with the offense and do you think it's time to change up your tactics?

Eddie Sirrel

The last 2 matches have been unacceptable and the lads know it.  But those things are going to happen now and then, you just don't want it to be a habit.  We have a few things we're working on, been training on that we're going to implement but that's all I'm going to say about it here.

Nottinghamshire Live

You have used by far the least amount of players this season compared to every other club in League Two.  It's become obvious to just about everyone watching that some of the players have needed a rest.  Is that something that's attributed to the poor play?

Eddie Sirrel

We work with what we have and that's all we can do.  The boys know what's expected and they're never going to complain, nor will I.

Match Twenty-Three

23.thumb.png.9f579feaee5faf61970287d7a7f52b52.png

Nottingham Post

You brought out a new formation for the club - using a 5-2-2-1 tactic - and it paid off, at least in this game with 14 shots and 3 goals scored.  Is this something we're going to see going forward?  And what brought about the change?

Eddie Sirrel

I'm told that I can be stubborn but hopefully not stubborn enough to know when something isn't working and maybe a little change is needed.  We do work on different things in training and when we see something we like, we'll try it out.

Match Twenty-Five

25.thumb.png.688d7fe61d409a608ceffef47c90d317.png

Magpie Weekly

Colchester just absolutely manhandled your club today.  They got off 19 shots against you and your defense just looked lost.  After a couple of good matches this one would have to go in the books as nothing less than embarassing I would imagine?

Eddie Sirrel

The boys know how I feel and I think it's best left there.  Nobody on the club is happy with how we played.  How we come back from this is what's important.

December in Review

Schedule

december.png.2655374cbfa9d34e1a063db669452cd2.png

3 up, 3 down, 1 draw.  After 2 big wins in the FA Cup and Papa Johns tourney.... we sort of fell apart a little in league play.  We had a real problem scoring goals this month... but our defense actually played a little better than they have recently.

Table

table.png.cbf99c13977adab9f928e6cae6224186.png

We're still sitting in the 3rd spot but we have played 1 or 2 more games than most of the clubs below us.

League Two Team Stats

team.thumb.png.7cde1fc90f3e468a009b8beb24fe27a8.png

Somehow we're still #1 in goals scored but the difference is closing quickly.

League Two Player Stats

player.thumb.png.c5e3233c624ec9bf0d1a6d81049b8a30.png

Financials

financials.png.6c01a7c748d1afbb0e05cbe14d08f394.png

Transfer Special

Nottingham Post

The transfer window opens back up again tomorrow.  Are you expecting to make any moves?

Eddie Sirrel

If I can quote James Bond, never say never.

Magpie Weekly

I believe that movie was not really an official Bond film.

Eddie Sirrel

Is that a fact?  Interesting.

Magpie Weekly

Just what I had heard.

Nottinghamshire Live

So regardless of is or isn't... does that mean you're shopping?

Eddie Sirrel

I'm openly honest in my desire to make the club better and that means that if something is out there that I think is going to make us better, I'm going to make a call.

BBC Radio Nottingham

Do you think players like hearing that they're easily replaceable?

Eddie Sirrel

Every player out there knows that this is a business.  If they don't perform someone else is going to.  It's the same for coaches.  Our jobs are on the line pretty much every match.  If we don't perform there's someone else that's going to come in and try to take our jobs, that's the business we have chosen.  That's the business you've chosen.  If you don't perform up to standards someone else will.  But what that doesn't mean is I don't care about each and every player back there.  My job is to make this club successful and that means every player back there successful.  And I take it personally if I fail someone and they're not cutting it.  So nobody is easily replaceable... but everyone is if they're not doing their job.

Nottingham Post

Can we assume Bajrami is on the outs considering his public outcry and making it known he's not going to sign a new contract?

Eddie Sirrel

Only Baj knows that.  We've offered him a contract.  It's there on the table but the time to make that decision is now.  If he doesn't want it, our hands are tied.

Match Twenty-Eight

28.thumb.png.8bac72f7fa0b2709b375676d84b588fc.png

Nottinghamshire Live

This was arguably one of your most dominant performances this season against a club that is fighting for a playoff position.  Not only did you hold them scoreless but you absolutely thrashed them with 15 shots on goal compared to just 6 allowed and a 72-28 possession advantage.  What went right here?

Eddie Sirrel

I think we're getting more comfortable on the pitch.  Our training has been very good and the boys are really coming through with what we're working on.

Transfer News

Bajrami Out

bajgone.png.a15c00648b7f9993a85e8ff99dec99c8.png

We tried to keep him.  Offered him a nice, shiny new contract with a substantial pay raise and he turned us down.  Unfortunately, he had to go.  He'll be missed, good player.

Johnson Out

johnsongone.png.9eea528694be373def34b0cd3a099dcf.png

Decent player but utterly expendable.  Wasn't going to sign a new contract so we cashed in while we could for what little we could get for him.

Forde Signs

fordesigned.png.d86483ba727f4eb9e39c3f5a09ad8c2e.png

With our new tactic we needed some more forwards at the club and Forde was available for a good price... plus he signed as a squad player so not a lot of expectations of massive playing time, which is good.

Williams Signs

williamssigns.png.65a31a85648d2f5934442fd064667aa8.png

Purely a depth signing for little cash and little agreed playing time.

Browne Signs

brownesigns.png.4e3ff4d6b060c8af219370918c6dae6f.png

We're sort of surprised we got him at this price honestly.  He was asking much more when he was a free agent to sign last season.  And we're surprised his club let him go after just signing a contract last year.... but we've done the same with Johnson.  Browne has the potential to be a good player and offers much needed help on our defensive line.

A Papa Preview

papapreview.png.a423b68d5b5e4728d3849da8654a8ee9.png

Nottingham Post

You're facing another League One opponent in your upcoming Papa Johns Trophy match.  This time it's Barnsley - who currently hold the 5th spot on the table.  Is there any more magic left to continue beating these bigger opponents?

Eddie Sirrel

If there's not, we're going home.  We know what we're up against and we hold no delusions about how good of a club they are.  However, I think we've proven that we can take down the bigger clubs when we play our game.  And that's all we can do, all we will do.

Papa Johns

3rd Round

papa.thumb.png.bd5747e20ccac7e9b2649eade9fd81fb.png

Nottingham Post

You managed to take Barnsley the distance but ended up losing in penalty shots.  How is the club taking it?

Eddie Sirrel

Nobody likes losing and as I've said before I'm not really big on moral victories but this would be as close as you get.  We were up against a much bigger club and for 90 minutes we held them scoreless.  We also held a pretty decent possession advantage as well.  Unfortunately penalty shots were our undoing but nobody in the changing room can hang their heads on this one.  It was an excellent opportunity to prove our worth and we did just that.

Posted (edited)

FA Cup Preview

fa.png.dd2b806c1c3eb7082fbcd64d39c1af3e.png

BBC Radio Nottingham

This has to be easily one of the most important matches the club has played in a number of seasons.  Do you feel comfortably prepared for going ot Elland Road and matching up against Premier League side Leeds United?

Eddie Sirrel

We are as ready as we're going to be.  Preparation has been excellent.  The boys are confident they're going to go out there and put on a show.

Nottingham Post

So far between the FA Cup and the Papa Johns Trophy you've matched up against 3 League One clubs but Leeds is on a different level.  So far you've played your competition very well.  Are you confident that stretch will continue against a Premier League club?

Eddie Sirrel

I have faith that the game will not get too big for us.  This is a huge opportunity for Notts County.  We're going to be in front of a huge crowd, the biggest we've played in front of in years... bigger than the FA Trophy match last season at Wembley and we're going to put it out there and leave everything on the pitch.  We're ready.

Nottinghamshire Live

The last time you matched up against Leeds United was back in 1995 in a League Cup match and you lost nil-1.  Notts County have actually played them once in the FA Cup all the way back in 1976, coming out on the losing end of that contest nil-1 as well.  Is there anything to be taken from the fact that you played them very tightly in both of those contests?

Eddie Sirrel

No, different times, different clubs.  It does show we can raise to the level of competition though, but we've already proven that this season.

Edited by Blarney

FA Cup

3rd Round

fa1.thumb.png.c9fdbc3acd65307d277c3dc93294e97b.png

Nottingham Post

One would have to think that you're elated with this outcome?  If you can't win, a draw at their house and being able to go home and play them again is the next best thing.

Eddie Sirrel

Absolutely.  The boys played absolutely brilliantly.  And now we have them where we want them.  They're going to come to our house and in front of our fans and we get another chance to show them what we're made of when the support is behind us.

Nottinghamshire Live

That first goal you allowed was unfortunate.

Eddie Sirrel

Yes it was but that's football.  They get a hard strike from close range and it ricochets off of another one of their players and goes the opposite direction into the net to where Mair thought it was going.  Just poor luck but you deal with it and you move on.

FA Cup

3rd Round Replay

fa2.thumb.png.f08ed26bd04880682637922f58e3d666.png

BBC Radio Nottingham

Okay, Eddie, honest answer here.... did you really expect this?

Eddie Sirrel

Of course not.  To beat a club like Leeds 5-2 isn't something I ever dreamed possible.  After the draw at their place we knew we could play with them so we knew we had a chance coming home.  I thought we'd have another low scoring contest where maybe it was a 1-0 or 2-1 match.  But to put up 5 against them is just... wild.  But being honest a couple of those goals came after we were up and it was getting late and they were absolutely trying to attack us with everything they had and we were able to get around them.

Nottingham Post

Well regardless the reason you really got under their skin today.  It was a special win for the club.  How are the players taking it?

Eddie Sirrel

Over the moon.  It gives the club a huge lift and pushes our platform forward.  Great exposure.  The backing from the fans today was incredible, they really helped us get in the right frame of mind early.  I can't say that it unsettled their players but I wouldn't say it didn't either.

Magie Weekly

Does this prove you can beat anybody in the competition?  Is the sky the limit now?

Eddie Sirrel

Day-by-day is still the running motto.  But, to a degree, yes.  We just beat a Premiere League club, there's nothing higher.  If we can hang with them we have to believe we can hang with anybody.  Now it's just go out there and do it.

January in Review

Schedule

january.png.746685c3663d66062e9209c308fbe8f7.png

Good month, we'll take it.  Only played 5 league matches but won 3, 1 draw and 1 loss.  Top it off with the HUGE FA Cup victory over Leeds and I'm ecstatic over the results.

Table

table.png.881fc702e02f77ea102b8d993e31ed11.png

I think Colchester has wrapped up the top spot but the next 6 teams on the table are within 7 points of eachother.  The next 6 are only 13 points out of 2nd place and 6 points out of a playoff spot.  The next few months are going to be good.

League Two Team Stats

team.thumb.png.b1d0365b8a6b336bcf724ed35f11ef26.png

League Two Player Stats

players.thumb.png.725f8e2663dfb263665fb7645fdecc27.png

Financials

financials.png.4dc0d6f60af4acb43a7368bcfca6a202.png

FA Cup Preview

Fourth Round

wolvespreview.png.8bd3b9f8b3d3f10753ae796bea97f9cf.png

BBC Radio Nottingham

This is one of Notts Counties biggest FA Cup matches in recent history.  The last time the club made the Fourth Round of the FA Cup was back in the 2017/18 season where they faced Swansea City and were... for lack of a better word, embarrassed in the 2nd leg with a 8-1 trouncing.  The last time the club made it past the Fourth Round was back in the 2009 season.  This is going to be a much tougher battle on the pitch.  Do you stand a chance of advancing?

Eddie Sirrel

I don't think we were favorites in at least the last 2 matches and we got past both so there's that.  Look, Wolverhampton is a fantastic football club and it's a wonderful opportunity to once again test our mettle.  We're going into the match loose with absolutely nothing to lose so expect us to go out there and give everything as always and we'll see what happens.

FA Cup

Fourth Round

wolves.thumb.png.73e472d9d94ee5f5d125658161c8dc0a.png

Nottingham Post

You held them 1-1 until the last minute of the first half... was that goal a real let-down for the club?

Eddie Sirrel

It's never good to give up goals but when you do it right at the end of the first half and instead of going in 1-1 you're down 1-2.... that's definitely not optimal.  

BBC Radio Nottingham

The 2nd half sort of fell apart and at one point Wolverhampton were up 4-1 before you put your 2nd goal in and at least made it a contest again.  Was this just a case of them being a better club at this point?

Eddie Sirrel

Of that there's no doubt.  I hope the boys don't mind me saying but we all know the differences between a Premier Club and one back in League Two.  I'm very proud of how we stayed with them for a long as we did but they absolutely outplayed us.  Now, saying that, we missed some opportunities in front of the net and I think the pressure got to us a little bit.  We missed a few passes and I thought had an opportunity to pressure them more than we did.  All credit to Wolverhampton though, they came to our house and definitely played like the team we thought they were.

Match Thirty-Three

33.thumb.png.358e5135e3874007213162c0e439bbac.png

Magpie Weekly

So to put it lightly you and Burton manager, Keith Gilroy, had a bit of back and forth leading up to the match, starting with his less than flattering assessment of Notts County as a club and you as a manager.  You fired back at Burton's standings in the league and that - paraphrasing - you didn't give 2 seconds thought to what he had to say about the club or you.  Does this victory suggest you've won that war of words?

Eddie Sirrel

It means we won this match... and that's the end of it as far as I"m concerned.

Match Thirty-Five

35.thumb.png.763893d645888e349db15f0b573f29d5.png

Nottingham Post

You held a clear 60-40 advantage in possession yet seemed to be on your back heels most of the game as Sutton pressed you and spent more time in your half than theirs.  Were you lucky here to escape with the draw?

Eddie Sirrel

Lucky?  No.  Sutton definitely had us running backwards most of the game it seemed but we buckled down and when needed and kept them from scoring and that's what matters.  This was definitely not one of our better games - taking nothing away from Sutton - but we got a point from it and we'll take it when we're not at our best.

February in Review

Schedule

february.png.c23cce58f9913b54fc3a3cf0e3676e38.png

It was a much needed light month.  We were able to get a little rest and continue our good run in league play.  It was an unfortunate loss in the FA Cup but against great competition I can't be upset.

Table

table.png.44c127b99d9d9b23b4750919ef9de3e2.png

A lot can change but it seems it's between 4 clubs for the #2 and #3 spots in the league and automatic promotion.  I think Colchester has the #1 spot wrapped up, they are almost unbeatable at the moment.

League Two Team Stats

team.thumb.png.a558a9c7d0811af6a01e55fe4fcdf5f4.png

League Two Player Stats

player.thumb.png.c8ec81b75774311ba2c8885729e3fc9d.png

Langstaff has been on a role and now holds the top spot in goals scored, while Jaden Williams has the highest average rating in the league.

Financials

financials.png.966c1017d941f752da13c8f705c11612.png

Match Thirty-Nine

39.thumb.png.658371f1e698f58afd30e47c5a28c62b.png

Magpie Weekly

Is there something special about beating Wrexham considering how you've been linked the past couple of seasons?

Eddie Sirrel

Not especially.  I appreciate the quality of the club but they're no different than any other team we face, we always want to win.  I'd wager that for most of our supporters perfoming well against one of our local rivals is more important -- even though Wrexham have gained a bit of a reputation the past couple of years.

Mair Injured

39.5mairinjured.png.8f66078a293c6c0769c606912a919654.png

BBC Radio Nottingham

Archie has been your first choice keeper since last season when he was in on loan.  You thought enough about him that you signed him during the off-season and he's started every match for you this year.  How big of a blow is it that he's lost for the season -- even though there remain only 7 matches -- and potentially for the start of next season as well, depending on his recovery time?

Eddie Sirrel

Archie has been a superb player for us the past couple of seasons so it's a big loss, yeah.  But this is the game and we all know these things happen and it's up to the rest to step up and soften the blow.  Luckily, unlike last season, we have much better depth at the keeper position.  We have Aidan McAdams, who is a capable backup player but we also have Alex Kovacevic who we signed as a youngster and has been outstanding for our Under 18 club.  We'll give both a shot in training and plan to move forward as best we can.

March in Review

Schedule

march.png.0758036cec2b0ebb4c378d87de3c1f0d.png

We are marching toward the end and holding our own.

Table

table.png.839235344add5e78d4d40a5a2b30d809.png

6 matches remain and we're 5 points in the clear of automatic promotion but if nothing else in the playoffs at least.

League Two Team Stats

team.thumb.png.da5fc9d886aa4a72cfd1afb6f46ae913.png

League Two Player Stats

player.thumb.png.109f657986e76439006aec40302dca77.png

Financials

financials.png.2c5ddd042b1c96de15f86483e3c4c1f8.png

Match Forty-Four

44.thumb.png.b33911e7ec5792424c515d3532e73df5.png

BBC Radio Nottingham

With our apologies, this has to go down as one of the most embarassing losses you've faced since taking the lead at Notts County.  What went wrong?

Eddie Sirrel

We gave up a lot of goals.

BBC Radio Nottingham

Care to elaborate?

Eddie Sirrel

Our defense was terrible.

Nottingham Post

You lost Mair at the start of the month to injury.  You've decided to give Kovacevic the reigns and he's given up 10 goals in 4 matches now.  Is that experiment over?  Will another name be in the box next match?

Eddie Sirrel

Kova was rushed into the starting job as an 18-year old with not much first team experience.  I think he's going to have a great career but we need to do a better job of protecting him as well and I won't put all the blame on him.  We have 2 matches left so we'll see how training goes and go from there.

Posted (edited)

April in Review

**just a quick update with only 2 matches left**

Schedule

april.png.dca507c98eb99bd261ada91e94973c74.png

Great start.  Terrible finish.

Table

table.png.b38cd40a65979ed061c264052682accf.png

It all comes down to the finish.

Nottingham Post Interview

You've faltered over the last 2 matches when you've had a chance to lock up promotion.  Is the pressure getting to the players?

Eddie Sirrel

No, I don't.. I don't think that's it.  I would hope not.  Everyone knows what's ahead of them and what's required.  I just think we haven't produced as we can.

You're still in a very good position.  You're up by 4 points with just 2 matches left.  One win and you're up.  Even a couple of draws and you're probably still promoted.  Does that help take the pressure off?

Eddie Sirrel

Again, any pressure is what we're putting on ourselves.  Does it help that we're in the drivers seat?  Of course.  We still have to go out and do it.

Any concerns with Kovacevic or are you planning a change?

Eddie Sirrel

No, no concerns at all.  We have to do a better job as a group.  Defense isn't one person on this team.

Nobody picked your club for promotion this season.  Most had you finishing mid-table at best, yet here you are holding the 2nd spot.  If you fail to earn automatic promotion and lose in the playoffs, will this season be a failure in your eyes?

Eddie Sirrel

I'm not prepared to talk about 'what-ifs' like that.  I'm not even entertaining anything that has to do with failure.  But... to answer your question, no, the season isn't a failure if we don't go up, because that wasn't the expectation this season.  However, OUR expectation is always victory and promotions... so although not a failure, it won't be a success either.

Edited by Blarney

Match Forty-Five

45.thumb.png.c6640bc24cbf47bd700a287df79032ab.png

promotion.png.bf549c6957e97580dbb191fcacca9b40.png

BBC Radio Nottingham

It took 45 matches to get it done but you've done what most thought impossible this season and earned promotion to League One.  It's probably pointless asking you how you're feeling but how are you feeling?

Eddie Sirrel

Over the moon.  I am beyond proud of these lads.  Just beyond proud.  We set a goal for ourselves at the start of the season that everybody said we couldn't do and it took almost the whole year to get it done, but we did it.  We did it.

BBC Radio Nottingham

You got the win in front of the hometown crowd, how big is that?

Eddie Sirrel

They have been there for us from day one.  This is how it's supposed to be.

BBC Radio Nottingham

Any thoughts to next season?  Back-to-back-to-back promotions?

Eddie Sirrel

Way to early.  I want to celebrate this with the boys now.  Then we have one more match to go to finish the season and then maybe just a little time off to catch my breath and then it's getting ready for next year.

Match Forty-Six

46.thumb.png.2a9222c5bfc68500d884c4eb3581be83.png

Nottinghamshire Live

A nice win to finish the season in front of the fans that traveled in support of the club.  And Langstaff coming on as a sub and scoring really put the point on the exclamation mark for the season.  Why wsa he used in that role for this match instead of as a starter?

Eddie Sirrel

I held many of my first choice players out for the match to give them a little rest since in the scheme of things the match didn't matter.  The plan was always to let a few of them come in as subs late in the match and finish it out for our supporters in attendance.

Final Table

finaltable.png.01d3717b7bb0322816208c8683ed0c12.png

Colchester, Notts and Bristol up.

Port Vale, Mansfield, Walsall and Stockport fighting for the final spot.

Gillingham and Swindon down.

**In real life 2 years ago Wrexham won the National League with Notts finishing 2nd -- while in my save those 2 were reversed but still scoring over 100 points each and setting records.  And this past season it was Wrexham with 88 points finishing 2nd in League Two and earning promotion and Notts County with 66 points finishing in 14th place.  In my save it was nearly reversed again with Notts in 2nd with 86 points and Wrexham in 12th with 65 points.  Art imitating life!**

End of Season Presser

Nottingham Post

With the season over can you talk about the goals you set and how you accomplished what you did against all odds?

Eddie Sirrel

Our goals this season weren't any different than most I'll set at the start of each new season.  Our goal is always going to be to be as competitive as we can be.  That's what we train for.  That's what we work for.  I can't imagine that's much different than how most clubs approach the new year.  We don't necessarily discuss promotion chances or playoff chances because those things come with hard work.  So we talk about working hard.  We train to be competent on the pitch.  Limit mistakes.  Those things we can control.  Everything else is just day-by-day.

BBC Radio Nottingham

Is there any concern about bigger clubs swooping in with your success and trying to take away some of your players?

Eddie Sirrel

There's always that concern when you have good players whether you're winning or losing.  You just hope that you've done enough as a manager and as a club to show how much the boys mean to you and that they'll want to stay.

BBC Radio Nottingham

So can you comment on if there's been any conversations or transfer requests put in for your players?

Eddie Sirrel

No.

Nottinghamshire Live

The 2014 season was the last time that Notts County was as high as the 3rd tier.  They had spent 5 seasons in League One before being relegated.  Do you think you can stay up, first and second, is there any thoughts of another promotion?

Eddie Sirrel

Well you're going to get sort of a day-by-day response.  We're going to go into this next season just like we did this one, with the expectation of being competitive.  There won't be any talk of promotion or relegation beyond planning on staying up.

Magpie Weekly

Can we expect much the same group out there next season or will we see some changes?

Eddie Sirrel

With each promotion or really with each new season comes new opportunities for players to impress or for us to get better where we can.  We've had 2 full years now of evaluating guys that were here or that I've brought in and we'll continue those evaluations and have conversations about where we think we can get better.

Magpie Weekly

One can assume that with the promotion more cash will be made available for transfers and for the wage budget.  Will we see more money being spent compared to where you've been the past 2 seasons?

Eddie Sirrel

Much like in your home life or in any business you have to balance whether spending money makes sense.  Just because you have it, doesn't mean you just throw it around.  We've done a decent job the past 2 seasons of bringing in guys without spending a lot of money so even if there is money there it doesn't mean we open the checkbook without a care in the world and spend it.  We'll continue to be smart and that starts with player evaluations and finding guys that fit our club within our budget.

Posted (edited)

Fighting with the Board

**intended results in an unintended way**

fightingwiththeboard.png.73f0c7786025e67b050fd89d66705616.png

This is the 2nd time this season that I requested our youth facilities to be upgraded and the 2nd time I've been turned down.  I of course met with the board to stress how important this was and each time was told that I could turn in my resignation or accept their response.  I wasn't going to walk away from my job (this time - at least not yet) so I gave in.

However, there was one slight difference this time.

This time I decided to leak it to the press... not sure what would happen when I did but curious nonetheless.

I accepted a request to answer a question from BBC Radio Nottingham.

disappointed.png.6f4dca195814624bc13c294a2b56e5c4.png

Then this happened.

youthupgrade.png.6c1ef337ed3ff2b91a240f49f45e54dd.png

That was it.  No other word.  No repurcussions -- at least within the week that's past after this.  Just.... 'here you go, you get what you want.'

Interesting.

Edited by Blarney

League Two Season Review

League Resuts

results1.png.fbebe9524257cc7b952f2b1e01c8c26d.png

results2.png.89fd9c9a9731c978275d025c3c3cc09a.png

resuilts3.png.e6f5997f1c121351290b090455ff296e.png

Certainly different resuilts than we managed in the National League the year prior where we hardly lost.... but we expected better competition and while we got it, we still managed a 2nd place finish and an automatic promotion.

How We Lined Up

howwelinedup.thumb.png.bd921492900fbed0ea17b43cea76032a.png

This isn't accurate since Langstaff started more games than Williams did... and for some reason he's not even listed as one of our best eleven when he had the 3rd best per game average.

League Two's Best

leagtuetwobestplayers.png.1c7110782b04ec46b4b507e104476ecf.png

3 players represented here.

Transfers In

transfersin.thumb.png.2282461dafc9c13ade50829b380c42e3.png

We didn't sign a lot of big contracts this season.  We did bring in a few youngsters that got some starts.  Mair was probably our biggest signing for the season in terms of what he meant to the club.  Barlow and Browne were late acquisitions so we'll see how they do going forward.  Hosannah was good on the wing for this season but we'll need an upgrade.

Transfers Out

trransfersout.thumb.png.039a24fb8994b87934e48744e39f0474.png

We did move quite a few players out with Bostock probably being the biggest name for what he meant to the club.  Bajrami was another one that we thought had a future but didn't want to stay.  We wonder if he feels differently now.

Commercial Summary

commercialsummary.png.f50d62844524254fa2ad1c66f9927bab.png

Curious how our match day commercial and retail sales were down this season considering our attendance was much better.

Awards and Recognition

Golden Boot

goldenboot.png.af9e0a79660dbac692e3fcb59c9cae2d.png

We had 2 of the 3 best shooters in the game on our club with Langstaff winning his 3rd straight Golden Boot.

Transfer News

Out

murrayout.png.45ffdf22de9afd41f872e5ba4d3727f6.png

We liked Sam but he just didn't fit the squad.

vincentgone.png.a16f7694b9437aa9fbbbf553f9716402.png

Francis told us that he wasn't going to stay so with our hands tied on this one, we let him go.

Posted (edited)

League One Season Preview

Final Standing Predictions

tablepreview.png.52793a020f41eaf82dbc717ca5ceb40a.png

The people that place the bets seem to think we're safe.  We're a solid pick to finish mid-table which would be fine by me.

Coventry is the good money to go back up after falling last season although Sheffield Wednesday isn't far behind in the money.

Golden Boot

goldenboot.png.cf1fa79f8e294e18644b848d505fcfed.png

Langstaff is the betting man's pick to win his FOURTH straight Golden Boot.  Wouldn't that be something.

Top Player

topplayer.png.e8fb783c6c0a45a7fce695983c0bb288.png

They don't like any of my players for Player of the Season and I'm not sure that I can disagree here.  There is some fantastic competition and Coventry particularly looks very strong.

Managers

leagueonemanagers.png.fc55eb5d2dc07e355578ecb1b453795b.png

I am tied for 3rd longest time on the job but have the best winning percentage overall compared to every other manager in the league, for whatever good that does.

Edited by Blarney

Palmer Out!

palmergone.png.0506df6ff6c5071a85ff80e72d16ecf4.png

BBC Radio Nottingham

Supporters are a little set back that Matt Palmer has been transferred?  He's one of your most important players in the middle and has been a stalwart each of the past 2 seasons, helping you earn promotion while being a fan favorite.  What was the reasoning for accepting this offer considering he was under contract for the rest of this season?

Eddie Sirrel

I hope I've earned a small bit of trust with the fans but I understand the sentiment.  Palmer has made 122 appearances for Notts over the past few seasons and was an excellent player for our club.  He has been a fan favorite for a good reason and he will be missed.  But, unfortunately, this is a business and sometimes hard decisions have to be made.  Sunderland came calling and made us an offer that made sense considering the depth of our squad and the direction we are trying to go.  We wish him the absolute best of luck going forward and will watch the rest of his career, knowing it will be a good one.