Advice for EFL Two team tactics

Hi guys, I have bought every version of Championship Manager/Football Manager since it's inception back in 1993 (I think?  Memory isn't that good these days.).

Anyway, for some reason I am not very good at the game, and maybe that is because I always play as the team I support in real life, Grimsby Town.  I have downloaded and used other players tactics in the past, but I feel that doing that is slightly cheating, and would like to make my own tactic and see if I can progress with it.  To that end, I would like to ask you experts if you have a few tips for me to work on which might enable me to build a much better tactic that I have in the past.  Thank you.

Yes, this tells you a lot. 

Is there anything particular your team is struggling with? 

With a quick look, I would probably change a few things here. 

First I would drop the two central midfielders to DM position and might consider maybe a DM(D) and VOL(S) combination. I would also change the sides so that the defensive minded DM would be on the left hand side to cover the attacking wingback. 

Down the flanks, if possible, I would utilize the inverted winger/wide playmaker or wide midfielder role to allow more roaming and space for overlaps done by the attacking wingback. On the right hand side, it might be a good call to use a regular full-back on support to bring more stability. Or maybe even take a look at the inverted full-back which would make your buildup phase so that you had three centre-backs. This would allow the right winger to be fully attacking and also the segundo volante to support attacks quite freely. 

I would probably also remove some of the team instructions. 

Overlaps from both side as this should happen naturally and I would make the right-hand side so that this would not be needed. You could even try an underlap on right if you decide to follow my tips on the player roles. 

I would probably also get rid of the focus play instructions as the segundo volante and deep lying forward would probably be the heartbeat of your buildup play from now on. The deep-lying forward and advanced forward is a really strong combination as the defenders are still at times unable to cope with a striker who drops between the lines. You should also see the DLF feeding the winger and SV quite nicely when set up well. 

The third one to consider getting rid of would be the width instruction as with wingers and wing-backs the formation is naturally going to be fairly wide. 

Hope that these will give you some food for thought.