(FM21) Why has my Rangers B team in SPL been replaced?

I'm paying FM 2021.

I used the pregame editor to put Rangers and Celtic in league 2 of the English league system with both clubs having 'B' teams in the SPL.

I played two full seasons and everything was working perfectly.

I won the SPL and was about to start my third season when I noticed that Rangers B (the club I'm managing) are no longer in the SPL. Instead some random highland team called 'Brora Rangers' are instead.

I have since loaded up the edited file that I have been using and ran tests of it and this issues doesn't happen.

Celtic B are still in the SPL and I checked the 'Teams next season' tab on the editor. There is no removal of anyone as far as I can tell.

I also checked the tab for this 'Brora Rangers' club. There is nothing indicating it is queued to come into the SPL.

I have holidayed forward a season to see if it allows my B team back but it does not.

(The Barrow and harrogate changes are just clubs I removed to make way)

r/footballmanagergames - Why has my Rangers B team in SPL been replaced?

Check the rules that involve promotion on the SPL league on the pre game editor. You should see a place where you can tick for 'allow B teams to be promoted' 

On 04/07/2024 at 13:35, XV20 said:

Check the rules that involve promotion on the SPL league on the pre game editor. You should see a place where you can tick for 'allow B teams to be promoted' 

Hello mate,

Do you know where I can find this sepcifcally?

Someone on a different forum mentioend that in real life in the last few years Ranegrs and Celtics have had real B teams in the highland league, before changing their mind and getting rid. And that this might be the cause of the issue.

I've just brought FM 24 and will try again. I'm gonna make sure I do things properly and holidaying a save to test as well as doig in edtior tests.

9 minutes ago, Craig_J said:

in real life in the last few years Ranegrs and Celtics have had real B teams in the highland league, before changing their mind and getting rid.

It's not the Highland League, it's the Lowland League, and only Rangers have withdrew from it, Celtic's 'B' team still plays there. Hearts also have their 'B' team at that level. 

2 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It's not the Highland League, it's the Lowland League, and only Rangers have withdrew from it, Celtic's 'B' team still plays there. Hearts also have their 'B' team at that level. 

Thank you. My B team was obviously created using FM 21 so not sure what happened.

From what I've seen elsewhere on this forum using search tools was a suggeston that setting this scenario the same way - but marking it out epxicitly on the edtiro as a 'reserve team' rather than B team might avoid any automatic background triggers.

I'm doing it on the FM 24 editor now and will holiday and report back incase anyone has the same idea and issue in future.

2 hours ago, Craig_J said:

Hello mate,

Do you know where I can find this sepcifcally?

Someone on a different forum mentioend that in real life in the last few years Ranegrs and Celtics have had real B teams in the highland league, before changing their mind and getting rid. And that this might be the cause of the issue.

I've just brought FM 24 and will try again. I'm gonna make sure I do things properly and holidaying a save to test as well as doig in editor tests.

Editor 2024 2024-07-05 10_21_06 AM.png

28 minutes ago, Craig_J said:

Thank you lad!

I'm literally on the editor now so this is massivley helpful!

On 04/07/2024 at 13:35, XV20 said:

image.thumb.png.19f22a677199debdca96735c8db3b57b.png

Do you by any chane know what 'not used' and 'never used' means here?