NEW REALISTIC COACH MODE?

why isn't a realistic trainer mode developed?

a mode where you realistically interpret the role of the real coach, where you have full control of the tactical and training part while for the transfer market you can interact with the club and the sporting director, make your requests and everything that coaches do today modern but then you have to work with what the company can make available to you.

I know it can be done through responsibility management, but it's an adaptation that the game doesn't recognize in many mechanisms.

there is an Italian expert (fm theory) who has published his Coach Mode, with all the settings and the rules on what can and cannot be done, it's very fun, but it would be even more so if it were an original mode of the game

1 hora atrás, Creazymanager disse:

there is an Italian expert (fm theory) who has published his Coach Mode, with all the settings and the rules on what can and cannot be done, it's very fun, but it would be even more so if it were an original mode of the game

Could you post the link here ? I'm interested to know what it's about. 

This would be very interesting and it is absolutely a part of real life football which FM should reflect.

Right now though, the Owner, DoF, Scout and TD AI is so poor that the game is light years away from being able to manage it. For all the apparent attempts to improve it, AI squad building remains very weak, especially in long-term saves.

11 ore fa, Rodrigogc ha scritto:

Could you post the link here ? I'm interested to know what it's about. 

https://www.fmfusion.it/Thread-Giocare-in-COACH-MODE

I think you have to be registered on the forum to see

it is very well designed, it tells you all the settings of the responsibilities and foresees all the various managerial situations in which you, the coach, can intervene directly, or you can intervene only by delegating to the sporting director or you cannot intervene in any way

FM still feels like it's designed around the old English model of an all powerful Manager. It was fine when playing CM and early FMs, but feels a bit archaic now. I agree, a better representation of the modern structure to include a proper Sporting Director role would be fun. I am actually wanting to find a way to play as a SD (so the opposite to the coach role) but it's so limited.

Spoiler

Not sure if this will be blocked, but very interesting read to understand the split between SD and match day/ coach role.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3991780

'The overriding idea is for one executive to have overall responsibility for the footballing side of a club. To secure continuity it’s better that this isn’t the head coach, as they tend to come and go.  

In an ideal world the sporting director will lay out a 360-degree strategy for the club, making sure that it is aligned from Academy level through to the first team. Aligned in this context means adopting the same development principles and working methods, thus facilitating a swift adaptation for Academy graduates to the playing style of the first team'. 

Something I've always wanted to see is like a mode, where you can buy a club & hire the manager. It would work the same as now, but you just have no control over tactics & the matches. You could even decide to buy the players if you wanted or leave it to the manager.

Yeah there should be more variation in what role you're offered. From "head coach", where you're just coaching the team to "manager" where you're doing what we do now in FM. 

The issue is that the DoFs are so bad that you can't rely on them for signings.

Maybe if you could really specific what positions, attributes, personality types etc you want.

On 07/07/2024 at 08:27, JAwtunes said:

FM still feels like it's designed around the old English model of an all powerful Manager. It was fine when playing CM and early FMs, but feels a bit archaic now. I agree, a better representation of the modern structure to include a proper Sporting Director role would be fun. I am actually wanting to find a way to play as a SD (so the opposite to the coach role) but it's so limited.

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure if this will be blocked, but very interesting read to understand the split between SD and match day/ coach role.

'The overriding idea is for one executive to have overall responsibility for the footballing side of a club. To secure continuity it’s better that this isn’t the head coach, as they tend to come and go.  

In an ideal world the sporting director will lay out a 360-degree strategy for the club, making sure that it is aligned from Academy level through to the first team. Aligned in this context means adopting the same development principles and working methods, thus facilitating a swift adaptation for Academy graduates to the playing style of the first team'. 

FM needs a director of football role. Not everyone wants to play the game the same way. Not everyone has the time to play the same way. SI are even against adding a "instant result" button to the main game. In this day and age it just doesn't make any sense. Almost every sports game I can think of has a "simulate" option throughout the playing process. FC24, NBA2K, Madden24, NHL24, MLBTheShow24. SI have been dead against it so much so that to simulate you have to go on holiday and the your assistant manager takes monthly awards etc. 

Putting it simply, having to play each game isnt something that is viable to me. I have to add the "instant result" button to the game to get any sort of progression. Truth be told, if there was a director of football role in the game that would be something I could see me diving into more. 

FM lacks "new" features, one that make the game feel different these types of additions would allow more people to play the way they want to play and not play the way SI wants them too. 

On 09/07/2024 at 18:27, jimbo22 said:

FM needs a director of football role. Not everyone wants to play the game the same way. Not everyone has the time to play the same way. SI are even against adding a "instant result" button to the main game. In this day and age it just doesn't make any sense. Almost every sports game I can think of has a "simulate" option throughout the playing process. FC24, NBA2K, Madden24, NHL24, MLBTheShow24. SI have been dead against it so much so that to simulate you have to go on holiday and the your assistant manager takes monthly awards etc. 

Putting it simply, having to play each game isnt something that is viable to me. I have to add the "instant result" button to the game to get any sort of progression. Truth be told, if there was a director of football role in the game that would be something I could see me diving into more. 

FM lacks "new" features, one that make the game feel different these types of additions would allow more people to play the way they want to play and not play the way SI wants them too. 

I personally would like a DoF mode, and with the option of watching the games being managed by your manager, hence seeing the players and the tactical direction in action, influencing your signing policy. The analogy would be an auto-battler to a PvE game in PC gaming terms.

Il 07/07/2024 in 15:27 , JAwtunes ha scritto:

Contenuti nascosti

Another italian streamer actually did what you're talking about