[FM24] I Recreated Ange Postecoglu's 4-3-3 and won the league with ZERO transfers! 98 Points and Semi-Finals FA Cup

Hello Everyone

My name is CairozinhoFM and I have been playing Football Manager for about three to four years, mainly focused on the tactics side of the game. Before you read this thread, this is NOT a plug-and-play tactic so don't expect to succeed with your current team since this tactic was made to fit perfectly for the current 2023/2024 Tottenham squad. Let's begin!

Ange Postecoglu is a manager that I have been eyeing in recreating their system due to being fun to watch them live, exploiting the half-spaces and double inverted wing-backs being involved in the final third even though they didn't qualify for the Champions League but still were in contention if it was not for Aston Villa's spectacular season finishing fourth in the table. 

Here is the main tactic squad with the player roles and duties, obviously the double IWBs were a must-have since that is what Ange is known for, however, I wanted a good rest defense and didn't want the wingbacks to go full-on attack but on the support duty they still give you that extra man in the final third of the opposition and making that 2-3-5 build-up formation to overload the middle and creating the triangles and you see it inside the match engine. Maddison had to be a Central Midfielder on attack duty since he is excellent as that creator in the midfield with high dribbling, vision, long shots, and passing. The 2 Wingers provide you with that width since the full-backs are making underlapping runs and we needed the players to stretch the field as possible making holes in the defense. Sonny was the main man up top since the departure of Harry Kane and the Advanced Forward was the obvious role since he could run in behind and score with the high pace, and acceleration. The 2 Ball-Playing Defenders are not the ideal for realism but they performed well in terms of playing out of the back, Romero and Van de Ven have great mental and technical attributes to fit in the role but Romero could be used for a Central Defender. Vicario was mainly the role I was struggling but came up with the Sweeper Keeper on Attack duty so he could be used to be the extra man in the build-up out of the goal kick. 

Main Tactic Screen

The additional player instructions for each of the roles:

SK (Attack) - Default

DCL BPD (Defend) - Tackle Harder

DCR BPD (Defend) - Tackle Harder

DL IWB (Support) - Pass it Shorter, Tackle Harder

DR IWB (Support) - Pass it Shorter, Tackle Harder

DMC DM (Defend) - Pass it Shorter, Take Fewer Risks, Tackle Harder

MCR BBM (Support) - Pass it Shorter, Take Fewer Risks, Tackle Harder

MCL CM (Attack) - Roam From Position, Move Into Channels, Dribble More, Take More Risks, Tackle Harder

AMR W (Attack) - Pass it Shorter, Roam From Position, Cut Inside With Ball, Tackle Harder, Mark Specific Position (DL)

AML W (Attack) - Pass it Shorter, Roam From Positions, Cut Inside With Ball, Tackle Harder, Mark Specific Position (DR)

STC AF (Attack) - Tackle Harder

Here below are the stats of the squad sorted by goals from high to low:

Selection Info

Data Hub if you want to see how statistically it did throughout the season: 

Attacking EfficiencyGoal OutputPitch TiltxG TableTeam AttackingGeneral PerformanceTeam Defending

TEAM STATS OVERVIEW:

Possesion PercentageGoals ConcededGoals ScoredClean SheetsPass Completion %Points Per GameFewest Shots AgainstMost Shots For

League Table: 

LeagueTable.thumb.png.d822cf09e3bb48c95d7483fdc6ad235d.png

DOWNLOAD TACTIC HERE: CairozinhoFM AngeBall 4-3-3 FM24.fmf