Cannot change reserve & youth team names

aemud

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I just recently got into FM24 and the editor (after a long spell with 2017), and while I was setting up some teams, I immediately noticed that I cannot change reserve/youth team names, although it appears under db changes:

image.png.1a16fd95c33aadbe9f19bc130fc56bfd.png

image.png.e757e4e84f390f7d5e4e8b970194966b.png

image.png.c01f282c1f3b4b0dd2b9032b76fe5598.png

It also seems to work for existing teams (Rosenborg, Barcelona...), but none of the teams I created allows me to edit the reserve/youth team names.

Does anyone know why, and how to fix this?

Also, I'm aware for the reserve team an alternative would be to set it up as a separate club and link it via affiliation, but I'd rather not go that route unnecessarily. Also, it wouldn't fix the same problem occuring with youth teams.

Thanks!

Edited by aemud

• aemud changed the title to Cannot change reserve & youth team names
5 hours ago, OliverMatt said:

I answered your question in this thread, follow the step by step guide.

Thanks, though I was particularly looking for an option without creating a separate team and affiliating it. Seems like between '17 and now the game decided to make editing harder for reasons.

1 ora fa, aemud ha scritto:

Thanks, though I was particularly looking for an option without creating a separate team and affiliating it. Seems like between '17 and now the game decided to make editing harder for reasons.

Exactly, before you could call team B whatever you wanted but now you have to do this "hidden" step. However I tested it and the B team behaves like the Spanish ones. Remember the affiliation not to forget to check the option that prohibits team B from participating in the same league as the major team.