(FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 21: Mohun Bagan Athletic Club (Indian clubs love hiring me) ON BREAK

4 minutes ago, sherwinriga said:

WOW! That didn't last long after only just a year with a string of losing games, which I'm not impressed on how the second season goes. As far as concerned, how does FC Osaka would be like after you got fired and went to a different team in India. I hope that you'll also show some roster of it as well as how J.League looked like at the end of 2026 and mid-2027 season. Hopefully, you'll get a better job in Japan if you're willing to come back soon.

I was in the J3 League with FC Osaka. Honestly all the teams were very strong and there is not much of a difference between J2 League and J3 League players. Obviously the level is different in the top division, but I still stand by the fact that the FC Osaka job was comparitively more successful. 

Right now I am in charge of an Indian club, Jamshedpur and I am honestly amazed that a Hero Indian Super League team offered me a job after my time at Chennai. But you take what you get and I am happy that I have landed on my feet. Expectations are quite low which will work in my favour and there is only one way, which is upwards.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

This is how the summer transfer window went at Jamshedpur FC this season. The 2nd screenshot is the continuation of incomings and the 3rd one is the continuation of outgoings. Decent transfer window so far. Hopefully that translates into some good form.

Screenshot 2024-07-24 090903.png

Screenshot 2024-07-24 090932.png

Screenshot 2024-07-24 091014.png

Edited by Sahaj Oberoi

Sacked by Jamshedpur after just over 6 months in charge. I mean we stayed long enough, but the overseas players did not quite fire and there was a huge gap in quality between the Indian and overseas players. I will look for a new job now.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 105426.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 105457.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 105531.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Unemployed

This might be my fastest resignation ever. I joined a club called Machan FC in Malaysia and I have decided to resign in an hour. The club absolutely lacked any semblance of footballing structure and I was so put off. It is actually insane. I am not interested in being overworked and underpaid.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 111627.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 111710.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 111941.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 112243.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Unemployed

Another error of judgement as I resign from another club, Nyva V in Ukraine hours after being appointed. There is no proper structure at this football club too. It's like the really badly run clubs are trying to trick me into getting the job and then not giving me the proper structure to operate. There was no assistant manager, no coaches, no scouts. This happened at the previous Malaysian club as well. Once, it is okay and it happens. Twice? I am actively being conned by clubs.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 115314.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 115439.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 115521.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 115543.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 115717.png

I finally have a new club and this time my judgement is correct. I am now the new manager of Harini Selangor FC in the Malaysian Super League. Really excited to be here after the two nightmarish scenarios I went through with the other two clubs I got tricked into joining. I am looking forward to building something. This is what the squad looks like.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 121410.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 121455.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 121532.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 121557.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 13: Harini Selangor FC (Got conned into joining two clubs on the save before that, so choose your club wisely)

This is how the winter transfer window went at Harini Selangor this season. Looking forward to seeing what we can do this season in the league and in the cups. We are also in our first continental competition on this save, the Asian Confederation Cup as Harini Selangor won the Malaysian FA Cup last season.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 193457.png

This is my favourite Career thread ever - kudos for persevering with this despite all the sackings. What tactics are you using? Is it the same for every team or are you adapting as you go? Hoping this new job is the one that kicks starts things!

1 hour ago, lewis1792 said:

This is my favourite Career thread ever - kudos for persevering with this despite all the sackings. What tactics are you using? Is it the same for every team or are you adapting as you go? Hoping this new job is the one that kicks starts things!

Thank you very much, it means a lot. I am using a variation of tactics and adapting as I go. Yeah I too hope that my stint at a club is like the first part of my stint at FC Osaka. I hope I do well enough at a job to get an interview from a bigger club, maybe then my in-game reputation on the save will grow.

Mid season update. (Harini Selangor 2028 season)

We are UNBELIEVABLY *****. Oh God. We are awful. 1 point from 13 games. But you know what the silver lining is, atleast this club did not con me into accepting the position. But oh my God, we are unbelievably bad. How I have managed to stay in charge for 4 and a half months is an absolute mystery. This team is *****. Jamshedpur was better than this team. In that team we had a washed up Luke Norris who came from Tranmere who were in League One in England but this Harini Selangor side have no quality whatsoever. I am playing for pride in the second half of the season.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 223933.png

Screenshot 2024-07-26 224007.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 13: Harini Selangor FC (Choose your club, but also choose your club owner carefully)

You can't be conned into joining a team on FM, it's called looking at the clubs beforehand and seeing what staff they have, youth and all of that. Never known someone quit so many times :lol:

1 minute ago, AlfieLucas said:

You can't be conned into joining a team on FM, it's called looking at the clubs beforehand and seeing what staff they have, youth and all of that. Never known someone quit so many times :lol:

I mean, I thought they had all the staff ready, but when I saw that those clubs had no assistant manager, no coaches and no scouts, my interest dropped and I was like, that job isn't for me. 

Also I wanted to relate things to real life where employers advertise certain things about a company but it does not match expectations. So yeah I wanted to add a little bit of personality to the manager on the save and make things interesting.

Sacked by Harini Selangor FC after just over 5 months in charge. I deserved the sack. I don't know how I managed to stay in the job for 5 months but I somehow did. My time in the initial spell of FC Osaka is a distant memory even though that ended badly but I have officially hit rock bottom in terms of employment as a football manager. But when one door closes another opens. So I hope I get better as a manager and work my way up to a reasonable level.

Screenshot 2024-07-27 113048.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 113128.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 113154.png

I now have a new club. I have moved to Canada on the save and I am in North America for the first time. My new club is Halifax Wanderers FC. This is what the squad looks like. I am really excited for this new challenge, it is a new location from most of the Asian clubs I have managed. It is a new cultural experience. I have also managed a few clubs in Europe but I am excited for this challenge as it is a different experience.

Screenshot 2024-07-27 121005.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 121042.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 121309.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 121335.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 121358.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 14: Halifax Wanderers FC

End of season review with Halifax Wanderers FC. We finished bottom of the league after we won 2 out of 9 games since the time I took over. The team were bottom when I arrived and the new manager bounce has not quite been there. There is no relegation so I am curious to see if the board will keep me on to make sure I am the person to turn things around for the club and rebuild it from the ground up.

Screenshot 2024-07-27 210352.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 210421.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 210512.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 210602.png

Halifax Wanderers sacked me. To be fair I wanted to leave. I can't sign any new players because no one wants to come. But the reason they sacked me was because I applied for other jobs. There was apparently a "No club job applications" clause on my contract. But yeah, oh well. We were there for just over 3 months.

Screenshot 2024-07-27 222201.png

I now have a new club. I am managing in Turkey in the First Division, the league below the Super Lig. My new team is Ankara Keciorengucu. Very exciting challenge. My biggest club in terms of size that I have been at so far. I am enjoying failing upwards from the obscurity of Malaysia, to a good club in Canada and now at a First Division club in Turkey. If I do well here, this could my back door to managing a good league in Europe. This is what the squad looks like.

Screenshot 2024-07-27 225422.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 225503.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 225728.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 225753.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 15: Ankara Keciorengucu
Just now, leobiazzi said:

Would you do the kindness to show your most used tactics? And your coach page with the statistics and badges.

I will do that. Here it is. This is my current tactic. And this is my managerial page.

Screenshot 2024-07-27 234142.png

Screenshot 2024-07-27 234211.png

Do you usually use the Attacking mentality? If yes, might be a good idea to switch to Balanced or Positive to concede less goals. Unless that's your style haha. I like this sort of 4-3-3 a lot, the formation on its own should be enough to get some Ws in Turkey

2 minutes ago, leobiazzi said:

Do you usually use the Attacking mentality? If yes, might be a good idea to switch to Balanced or Positive to concede less goals. Unless that's your style haha. I like this sort of 4-3-3 a lot, the formation on its own should be enough to get some Ws in Turkey

It depends from game to game. I will use the balanced one more to create more balance in attack and defense.

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 15: Ankara Keciorengucu (4-3-3 Wing Play, it is all about that balance between attack and defense, on request by viewers) Pandering to the fanbase of the save.

Mid season update. (2028-29 season)

The 4-3-3 Wing Play is not quite clicking with Ankara Keciorengucu. We have just one win in the league since we took over. We have been charge of 6 games. Bottom of the table. Something needs to change and it needs to change fast. 

However I will stick to @leobiazzi's suggestion of the 4-3-3 Wing Play and do my best to beat the drop. For now it looks like we have found our style of play.

To the viewers and readers, your interaction in the thread is really appreciated.

I am looking forward to seeing where this tactic takes me and I will see whether it makes me have a sustained spell at a club.

Screenshot 2024-07-28 131621.png

Screenshot 2024-07-28 131701.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 15: Ankara Keciorengucu (Sticking to the 4-3-3 Wing Play tactic as requested by the viewers, looking to see where it takes me)

Sacked by Ankara Keciorengucu after nearly 3 months in charge. Player power forced me to change tactics and the players downed tools. You can forgive players who have no quality but try hard but these players are snakes. They literally did not follow any instructions, they kept conceding stupid penalties every other game. This is probably my most Mourinho-esque moment where I am ranting and raving about players just being crap at following instructions. Very promising when I initially took over but quickly got toxic and I am happy to be out of this job to be honest. I loved my time in Japan with FC Osaka, those players had heart, these players couldn't give a toss at this Turkish club. Anyway I am off, looking for a new job.

Screenshot 2024-07-28 185352.png

Screenshot 2024-07-28 185431.png

Screenshot 2024-07-28 185458.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Unemployed (Player power can be toxic and painful)

I am back in Northern Ireland and I have a new club. I am now the manager of Dergview. This is a fresh start. A good group of players. I have a feeling that I will do well at this club. This is what the squad looks like.

Screenshot 2024-07-28 194932.png

Screenshot 2024-07-28 195019.png

Screenshot 2024-07-28 195310.png

Screenshot 2024-07-28 195335.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 16: Dergview

Relegated from the Northern Ireland (Sports Direct) Premiership with Dergview. Yet another setback but we got a win on board, we were so close to staying up and we could have done it but we didn't. Let's see what happens in sometime.

Screenshot 2024-07-29 185513.png

Screenshot 2024-07-29 185828.png

Screenshot 2024-07-29 185905.png

Screenshot 2024-07-29 185927.png

I resigned from Dergview as I was not allowed to join another club, Southern Samity. I felt it was the right time to leave, to protect my own reputation as a manager. I was there for 3 months.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 111016.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 111132.png

I should have probably stayed at Dergview. I got duped by an Indian club on this save in the I-League by a club called Southern Samity. The owner first tried to poach me from Dergview, then after I resigned I was offered an interview by the club. I got offered the job and then when I entered there was literally no proper setup in place. I was stunned that people put so much of effort in lying to managers to provide the role only for them to walk away. I did the right thing. I do not deserve to be treated this way.

Onto the next challenge then.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 112541.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 112622.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 112820.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 112844.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 112941.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Unemployed (Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me)

I'm not quite sure what has drawn me to this thread but I've sat and read it and then looked back at some of your old threads, too. Please don't take this as patronising and please don't assume I'm good at FM. That being said - the last time you posted your manager profile, you had a 17% win ratio - surely there is no fun in that?

I see that you're trying to emulate Mourinho but he was never as petty as this. Three clubs (I think?) that you've resigned at inside a day is just absurd. Surely you can look at the staff that they have in place and, whether you do this on your own or delegate, you can put in place new members? No unknown manager would realistically walk into a club and have a backroom staff pre-built for them?

Secondly, I want to dig into how you play the game. Do you speak to your players at all? I noticed - albeit post relegation - that your players all have abysmal morale. I know it feels gamey at times, but morale is super important here, especially as the new manager bounce (as you've repeatedly said you haven't had) is made more do-able by keeping it positive. That's either praising or criticising at the right times. Do you handle your training? Even if you don't - I'd recommend looking at what the assistant does and ensure you have match prep blocks there to ensure some tactical familiarity. Speaking of which, how do you decide what you want to do at each club? Is it a plug and play tactic or do you make your own? Personally, I'd start with a shape that ensures your best players are in their favoured roles and positions, using a Balanced risk factor with no team instructions. Just watch the games, see how they play out. Look at your opponents and see who is strong or weak there and then make those small changes, ensuring that you're doing more tactical stuff to make sure that they learning these new styles.

I'm not being rude or arrogant - and I hope I speak for the others who have followed your threads - but I feel you're a bit lost here in a cycle and I'm offering to support you as, honestly, I'd take no fun in losing a game all the time!

4 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I'm not quite sure what has drawn me to this thread but I've sat and read it and then looked back at some of your old threads, too. Please don't take this as patronising and please don't assume I'm good at FM. That being said - the last time you posted your manager profile, you had a 17% win ratio - surely there is no fun in that?

I see that you're trying to emulate Mourinho but he was never as petty as this. Three clubs (I think?) that you've resigned at inside a day is just absurd. Surely you can look at the staff that they have in place and, whether you do this on your own or delegate, you can put in place new members? No unknown manager would realistically walk into a club and have a backroom staff pre-built for them?

Secondly, I want to dig into how you play the game. Do you speak to your players at all? I noticed - albeit post relegation - that your players all have abysmal morale. I know it feels gamey at times, but morale is super important here, especially as the new manager bounce (as you've repeatedly said you haven't had) is made more do-able by keeping it positive. That's either praising or criticising at the right times. Do you handle your training? Even if you don't - I'd recommend looking at what the assistant does and ensure you have match prep blocks there to ensure some tactical familiarity. Speaking of which, how do you decide what you want to do at each club? Is it a plug and play tactic or do you make your own? Personally, I'd start with a shape that ensures your best players are in their favoured roles and positions, using a Balanced risk factor with no team instructions. Just watch the games, see how they play out. Look at your opponents and see who is strong or weak there and then make those small changes, ensuring that you're doing more tactical stuff to make sure that they learning these new styles.

I'm not being rude or arrogant - and I hope I speak for the others who have followed your threads - but I feel you're a bit lost here in a cycle and I'm offering to support you as, honestly, I'd take no fun in losing a game all the time!

Hi, I will be better with team talks and usually about that I just do what the assistant recommends, however let me try it on my own and keep morale positive. Maybe that will help. Need that new manager bounce the next time I am at a club. The other thing I want to do is, create a sense of personality and human-ness to my manager which is completely unique to him, right now my manager character does not have the awareness of what is going wrong, so would definitely love a redemption arc. The other thing is that, if it were predictable, where he did not so good in a couple of clubs and suddenly started doing well, it will be too mainstream and predictable. I will lean on to the strengths, which is the manager's unpredictability. However, with some changes I will make good things happen and I am determined to do it.

I have a new club. And this time I am back in Indonesia. I am now the new manager of Indonesian League One (Top Division) club Dewa United. Really excited for this challenge with some of the fresh perspectives I have got from the readers and I thank you all for that. This is what my squad looks like.

And on that note, I have tried a "clean slate" tactic for the first time on the save. It is 4-2-2-2 formation on "balanced" instructions and as I said I will be mindful about team talks so I will not rely on the assistant for suggestions during team talks and will properly handle them myself and let me see what happens. Thanks to @_Ben_ for the suggestions and I will see how things work out when I implement the suggestions given.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 184318.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 184359.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 184536.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 184558.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 184649.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 18: Dewa United (It's all about those team talks and creating your own style)
35 minutes ago, Sahaj Oberoi said:

And on that note, I have tried a "clean slate" tactic for the first time on the save. It is 4-2-2-2 formation on "balanced" instructions and as I said I will be mindful about team talks so I will not rely on the assistant for suggestions during team talks and will properly handle them myself and let me see what happens.

Not entirely what I said, but, good luck!

A suggestion would be to talk to any players who rate over 7.50 each game to praise their performance and then, with a specific reason, discuss with anyone a performance below 6.50. Furthermore, anyone who drops any issues - praise their conduct. Every other week, I’d also be praising training for those with over a 7.50 rating and criticising those below, using player targets to keep morale up. 

Whilst the game is way more than ‘Morale Manager’ - you’ve got to find a way to stop the rot when you take over a losing side.

3 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Not entirely what I said, but, good luck!

A suggestion would be to talk to any players who rate over 7.50 each game to praise their performance and then, with a specific reason, discuss with anyone a performance below 6.50. Furthermore, anyone who drops any issues - praise their conduct. Every other week, I’d also be praising training for those with over a 7.50 rating and criticising those below, using player targets to keep morale up. 

Whilst the game is way more than ‘Morale Manager’ - you’ve got to find a way to stop the rot when you take over a losing side.

I will do that. Thanks. I plan on keeping squad morale high, maybe that will make a difference.

44 minutes ago, Sahaj Oberoi said:

I will do that. Thanks. I plan on keeping squad morale high, maybe that will make a difference.

If you post your results a bit more regularly, with some of the analysis from your staff, I’m sure that we - as a collective set of members - can try and assist your tactically, too.

Morale will only get you so far but you’re going to need an element of tactical acumen to make the progress out of this constant cycle of low level jobs, never making the step up. 

55 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

If you post your results a bit more regularly, with some of the analysis from your staff, I’m sure that we - as a collective set of members - can try and assist your tactically, too.

Morale will only get you so far but you’re going to need an element of tactical acumen to make the progress out of this constant cycle of low level jobs, never making the step up. 

I will do mid season and full season updates. However I am curious to see how my luck will turn eventually.

Sacked by Dewa United after just over 3 months in charge. Abysmal time here. Even the change in tactics did not work. Hoping for that experience at a club where I can turn things around.

Screenshot 2024-07-31 230330.png

Screenshot 2024-07-31 230409.png

Screenshot 2024-07-31 230433.png

I now have a new club and I am now managing in Latvia. My new club is Rezeknes FA. I am really excited about the new challenge as I am back in Europe again. This is what the squad looks like.

Screenshot 2024-07-31 232709.png

Screenshot 2024-07-31 232744.png

Screenshot 2024-07-31 232954.png

Screenshot 2024-07-31 233017.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 19: Rezeknes FA
Posted (edited)

Sacked by Rezeknes FA after just FOUR games in charge. This did not go to plan. Bottom of the league, we got relegated. Yeah I am certifiably a **** manager after managing 19 clubs in total. 15 if you consider the clubs I did not walk out on within a few hours. Need that one club who will turn me into a good manager.

I miss FC Osaka. Total professionals. They put their head down and worked hard. Would love to walk into a setup like that once again.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 155833.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 155858.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 155924.png

Edited by Sahaj Oberoi

I joined a club in South Africa thinking that there will be a good opportunity in South African Football. The club was Hungry Lions. But I resigned hours after being appointed because the club had a losing mentality and they were not professional enough. They had no assistant manager, no scouts and they were bottom of the league. It was poorly run from top to bottom and it was the right decision to leave.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 162804.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 162842.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 163115.png

I now have a new club. Indian clubs like hiring me. And this is my third Indian club I am now in charge of. I am currently the manager of Mohun Bagan Athletic Club. There are two Mohun Bagan clubs, one is Mohun Bagan Super Giants and the other one is the club I am managing currently. This is what the squad looks like.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 165028.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 165106.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 165329.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 165407.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 21: Mohun Bagan Athletic Club (Indian clubs love hiring me)

What style of play would you like to achieve? Do you want to mould it based on the squad available to you or have a style your manager is renowned for. Would love to be your 'assistant manager's at your new club to get the ball rolling for you.

Edited by danyates8

1 hour ago, Sahaj Oberoi said:

They put their head down and worked hard. Would love to walk into a setup like that once again.

You need to create this!

But I resigned hours after being appointed because the club had a losing mentality and they were not professional enough

You need to change this!

It was poorly run from top to bottom and it was the right decision to leave.

Please join a club where you have long term ambitions to grow it. If it’s rotten, then rebuild, slowly. 

You still haven’t done any kind of tactical update to dig into the poor form. I’d like to see that please. 

44 minutes ago, danyates8 said:

What style of play would you like to achieve? Do you want to mould it based on the squad available to you or have a style your manager is renowned for. Would love to be your 'assistant manager's at your new club to get the ball rolling for you.

I would like to achieve a more possession style of play, @danyates8. So I will update the tactics and present it to you. 

34 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

You need to create this!

You need to change this!

Please join a club where you have long term ambitions to grow it. If it’s rotten, then rebuild, slowly. 

You still haven’t done any kind of tactical update to dig into the poor form. I’d like to see that please. 

Will present my possession based tactic to both you @_Ben_ and @danyates8 I will update it in the next post. I want to stay for the longer term and I hope I can do it now.

@_Ben_ and @danyates8 this is my basic control possession tactic that I have just updated. I hope to develop a good style of play and win more matches in charge. 

Now the focus is on planning long term, unless I get sacked. The dream would be to get poached by another club when I get a job interview while I am still in a job. Right now the focus is on staying at Mohun Bagan Athletic Club and get the ball rolling.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 183342.png

Firstly a couple of things, where does the media expect you to finish in the league? That should help you figure out how teams will set up against you which will in turn give you and us a better idea of where to position certain players. For example, if you are heavy favourites for the league teams will sit back against you, due to this any space will be in front of their defenders so a deep lying playmaker would make more sense and the space would  be in the area he occupies whereas if you were expected to finish in the lower end of the table, teams are more likely to attack you leaving space in behind, if that's the case it makes more sense to have an advanced playmaker. 

Id also remove 'work ball into box', if its not selected that doesn't mean you team won't work the ball into the box, it just means they will look for it on a more consistent basis, because of this I tend to leave blank and use it as and when I feel its required. I feel using it alongside a lower tempo will only hurt your chances of scoring as you are giving the opposition lots of time to get set in defence. It does aid in building your possession statistics but you can certainly become a 'possession' based side without it.

I've got to go to work now so won't be able to help further until this evening. In the meantime try to figure out who your best players are within your squad and where they will fit in to the tactic you want to create 

9 minutes ago, danyates8 said:

Firstly a couple of things, where does the media expect you to finish in the league? That should help you figure out how teams will set up against you which will in turn give you and us a better idea of where to position certain players. For example, if you are heavy favourites for the league teams will sit back against you, due to this any space will be in front of their defenders so a deep lying playmaker would make more sense and the space would  be in the area he occupies whereas if you were expected to finish in the lower end of the table, teams are more likely to attack you leaving space in behind, if that's the case it makes more sense to have an advanced playmaker. 

Id also remove 'work ball into box', if its not selected that doesn't mean you team won't work the ball into the box, it just means they will look for it on a more consistent basis, because of this I tend to leave blank and use it as and when I feel its required. I feel using it alongside a lower tempo will only hurt your chances of scoring as you are giving the opposition lots of time to get set in defence. It does aid in building your possession statistics but you can certainly become a 'possession' based side without it.

I've got to go to work now so won't be able to help further until this evening. In the meantime try to figure out who your best players are within your squad and where they will fit in to the tactic you want to create 

The media expect me to finish 2nd from bottom which is basically 12th place out of 13 teams. So expectations are very low which will allow my team to have time to get the style of play in their heads. In that case I will play a more of a clean slate tactic.

Instructions added are. :-

1. In possession- Be more expressive

2. In transition- Hold shape and counter press.

3. Out of possession- Mid block.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 190150.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 190501.png

Crikey 600/1 makes you real longshots. I'd look to employ a more counter attacking system and hopefully you have some pace within you attack to exploit the inevitable high lines your opponents will play