(FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 21: Mohun Bagan Athletic Club (Indian clubs love hiring me) ON BREAK

26 minutes ago, danyates8 said:

Crikey 600/1 makes you real longshots. I'd look to employ a more counter attacking system and hopefully you have some pace within you attack to exploit the inevitable high lines your opponents will play 

Yeah which is why I did a more expressive style. I have pace within my attack, it is the defense I need to sort out.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid season update with Mohun Bagan Athletic Club (2029-30 season)

4 games played since I took over, 4 losses. We score goals, but then we concede a lot. We need to improve our defense, now. Otherwise it is a long season ahead.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 210722.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 210748.png

1 hour ago, Sahaj Oberoi said:

Mid season update with Mohun Bagan Athletic Club (2029-30 season)

4 games played since I took over, 4 losses. We score goals, but then we concede a lot. We need to improve our defense, now. Otherwise it is a long season ahead.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 210722.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 210748.png

Stop here. Don’t play any more. Share with us your analyst reports from the previous games please.

Have you any understanding why you’re conceding at an average of over three a game? How is morale? How is fitness? How is tactical familiarity?

29 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Stop here. Don’t play any more. Share with us your analyst reports from the previous games please.

Have you any understanding why you’re conceding at an average of over three a game? How is morale? How is fitness? How is tactical familiarity?

Here it is. Please take a look.

Screenshot 2024-08-01 224337.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 224407.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 224428.png

Screenshot 2024-08-01 224459.png

This is how the January transfer window went in charge of Mohun Bagan Athletic Club in the 2029-30 season. We got some good players in like Sergio Rivera, Samuel Yepie-Yepie and Lucas Daniel. Also there is an improvement in form as we picked up 4 points in the past 3 games. I hope our new signings can help us avoid relegation.

Screenshot 2024-08-02 114340.png

Screenshot 2024-08-02 114424.png

Posted (edited)

Finally after so much disappointment in my managerial career, I have finally achieved my latest success in this save. I have managed to keep Mohun Bagan Athletic Club up in the Hero Indian Super League. We are staying up, say we are staying up! 

After a very tough start, we managed to hold our nerve and do our bit till the very end. Akeem Abioye, Samuel Yepie Yepie, Sergio Rivera, Anwar Singh, Vikram Pratap Singh, Mohammed Ahmed, Princeton Rebello and Lucas Daniel were key players in helping us avoid relegation.

It was a team effort and I am delighted we have accomplished this.

Screenshot 2024-08-02 163854.png

Screenshot 2024-08-02 163947.png

Screenshot 2024-08-02 164008.png

Screenshot 2024-08-02 170211.png

Edited by Sahaj Oberoi

We ended the season by getting into the quarter final of Hero Indian Super Cup. Very good achievement as we finished top of our group in the group stage. Also we have got a new contract and we have signed a new contract with Mohun Bagan Athletic Club.

Screenshot 2024-08-02 210856.png

Screenshot 2024-08-02 233342.png

On 01/08/2024 at 19:46, Sahaj Oberoi said:

Screenshot 2024-08-01 224428.png

Just on the topic of your tactic, there would be a few tweaks that I would make. Our play styles might be slightly different though, so if you do not take these up fair enough.

Instructions:

- Take off expressive play. I doubt the players in your team have the vision, technique or passing ability to play this way. If a player has high attributes (Advanced playmaker) you can set a personalised instruction to take more risks on the ball. This instruction may also not play well with the hold shape instruction you also have on.

- Take off hold shape. If your side is going to be playing to avoid relegation, a counter attacking system is best, as opposition sides are more likely to throw men forward to attack.

The presets give a good idea of how to set up instructions that wont clash with each other. Even if you start with a preset and slightly tinker with it, I think it will bring you more success.

Formation/Roles:

I tend to play with a basic 4-4-2, with 1 MC being more defensively minded and another being either a playmaker or attacking midfielder. The two strikers come in handy when playing counter attacking, as you can have a combination like TF/AF, TF/P, PF/AF ect. This is just personal preference though.

- DC - CD (D) - This is just a personal preference to keep them in a line and not allow doglegs to let opposition players into any spaces.

- FBs - FB (D/S) - Again, a personal preference.

- PF - The problem with having a PF on Defend is that they will not give you an out and out goalscoring threat, and with no other player in the forward position, you might be stuck without this. If you are going to stick with AMR/AML, try and put a TF (A) who can beat players in the air.

Like @danyates8 and @_Ben_ have mentioned, not trying to dogpile on you, but trying to help you get some more fun and success in the game. Let me know if there are any questions or if you disagree with anything. Good luck.

12 hours ago, ChaosClive said:

Just on the topic of your tactic, there would be a few tweaks that I would make. Our play styles might be slightly different though, so if you do not take these up fair enough.

Instructions:

- Take off expressive play. I doubt the players in your team have the vision, technique or passing ability to play this way. If a player has high attributes (Advanced playmaker) you can set a personalised instruction to take more risks on the ball. This instruction may also not play well with the hold shape instruction you also have on.

- Take off hold shape. If your side is going to be playing to avoid relegation, a counter attacking system is best, as opposition sides are more likely to throw men forward to attack.

The presets give a good idea of how to set up instructions that wont clash with each other. Even if you start with a preset and slightly tinker with it, I think it will bring you more success.

Formation/Roles:

I tend to play with a basic 4-4-2, with 1 MC being more defensively minded and another being either a playmaker or attacking midfielder. The two strikers come in handy when playing counter attacking, as you can have a combination like TF/AF, TF/P, PF/AF ect. This is just personal preference though.

- DC - CD (D) - This is just a personal preference to keep them in a line and not allow doglegs to let opposition players into any spaces.

- FBs - FB (D/S) - Again, a personal preference.

- PF - The problem with having a PF on Defend is that they will not give you an out and out goalscoring threat, and with no other player in the forward position, you might be stuck without this. If you are going to stick with AMR/AML, try and put a TF (A) who can beat players in the air.

Like @danyates8 and @_Ben_ have mentioned, not trying to dogpile on you, but trying to help you get some more fun and success in the game. Let me know if there are any questions or if you disagree with anything. Good luck.

Thank you, I am already able to find some more success on the save because I have been varying my tactics. I have been at Mohun Bagan Athletic Club for 9 months now and I am already closing on my longest stint at FC Osaka which is just over a year.

This is how the summer transfer window went in the 2030-31 season with Mohun Bagan Athletic Club. Lots of new signings as I hope we do well this season. Also Sweden won the 2030 World Cup on the save after beating Italy in the final.

Screenshot 2024-08-03 175714.png

Screenshot 2024-08-04 142201.png

Screenshot 2024-08-04 142240.png

Screenshot 2024-08-04 142311.png

• Sahaj Oberoi changed the title to (FM 2024) The New Mourinho? A journeyman save (Redux) Club 21: Mohun Bagan Athletic Club (Indian clubs love hiring me) ON BREAK