Sweeper Keeper Attack Tactic (Attacktic?)

Posted (edited)

I almost always play with a SK-D, I like my GK to not be useless with the ball but I don't want him being too adventurous, my main request is that he just not let the ball go in the back of the net.   Not quite caveman keepers, but none of this keeper as midfielder nonsense.

But, as I am looking to bring in another GK option at the moment, I came across this interesting keeper in the second or third tier of Paraguay.  18 eccentric, 18 rushing out, 12 pace, 13 acceleration, 14 agility, 12 balance, 16 positioning,15 area command.  Seems like this is an attack keeper, which I have literally never played with, and I'm wondering if I should give it a shot to try something new.

On the other hand his kicking, passing and decisions are only 9, first touch 10, vision 11.  Aerial reach only 11 which I usually would avoid in a keeper.

But I am only in Portugal's Liga 2, so the standards to be a good player for me aren't so high.

If I was to give it a shot, what would a good tactic to make the most of him look like... very high lines, counter pressing and short passing for lots of possession?   Any other ideas?  What kind of players does he want around him?

And is it crazy to try to design a tactic around a keeper?

rossi.png

Edited by nms1987

Only in-possession/transition and mentality instructions will benefit him.

I'd try first with low ritmo and maybe mentality just to see if defenders will pass him the ball back and make him part of the play