Wages problem after promotion

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone.

I am playing with Notts County and i got promoted 2 times in a row. So its from League 2 to Championship in 2 years. Now i have massive problem.

All my players suddenly demand alot bigger wages. Its from 100k-200k a year to 700k-1million and my board only allows 8 million a year wage budget after i add transfer budget in it(which is double then last year).

I signed new contracts with 6 best players and i added relegation release clause 0 to contract beacuse it was only way for them to reduce wage demands somewhat.

So now i am at limit of wage budget while still 7 first team players demand higher contracts and are unhappy and raging because i didnt keep promise(we dominated league one and won promotion almost 2 months before season's end, and all players started contract demands even then but i promised them to negotiate at end season)

So basically now i am over maximum wage budget, 7 or 8 players demanding massivley larger wages, 3 players retired. So not only that i cant reinforce to survive in this league but i have problems with squad depth. Also relegation would be massive problem because best players have relegation release clasue of 0 as i mentioned earlier. I guess i could sell one or two best players but that would only be enough cash to keep current team in line and that would make my team alot weaker and i need to get some stronger to survive in this league, not weaker. I transfer listed all unhappy players but their replacmemts i was looking around also want similar wages so now i am here.

Pls dont suggest noobish loans from Zeeland videos because clubs will only loan if i pay their wages which i cant, and for some reason my board cant find senior afflitate third year now.

Did i irreversible screwed my save?

Any suggestions would be greatly appricieted

Edited by Baskan1987

Posted (edited)

Use youth players and sell the ones you don't need that much but are asking for more money.

Or sell your two best men and try to get youth prospects on loan.

"Irreversible screwed". The games challenges you for one time and you give up on it? Meh.

Edited by Andrew Marines

This is pretty much the consequence of back to back promotions. If you dominated the league as much as you say last season it implies you likely have players who are already good enough for the Championship. They'll want Championship money. At this level you'll need to accept the fact you'll struggle to keep hold of your best players and you'll need to maximise the profit you can make when selling them.

More generally, in these types of saves you need to keep a closer eye on contracts so you don't end up with lots of players with 12 months left on their contracts all wanting new deals. You need to renew earlier, before they can ask for wages appropriate for the league above you. You can also add contract extension clauses you can trigger to keep people on a lower deal for longer. They might get annoyed, but as long as you're successful it shouldn't matter too much.

Posted (edited)

Ok i overreacted a bit, and panicked. Played until very late last night to finish season and was tired.  I didnt notice that all my players transfer value skyrocketed. Literally skyrocketed

I sold 3 unhappy players which are not by any means best in team for almost 5 million(massive overvalue imo), expanded contracts with remaining players and signed few more decent players and even though my wage per season is lowest in league i am in comfortable position now. 

My striker is 12-15 million euro valued(!)  which is almost double then my entire yearly wage budget but i would not sell him if dont have to but still i have options to survive which i was not aware last night. I am almost sure he was valued like 1 million at start of last season and that was most expansive player. 

In RL he was top goalscorer in national league when Notts County promoted and in my game he is top goalscorer League two and League One by far. We will see now how he will do in championship but i think he is good enough for it. 2 other players also with him from league 2 still in team in first 11 and i think are good enough for Championship. Jodi Jones and Aron Nemane. Other players also got massive value increase, really massive. So all is ok for now. Hopefully we will survive this season even with some really good teams in Championship. We defeated some of them in cups earlier years. This season started win, draw and lost, so not bad start.  Most important thing is to not relegate because all players will leave for free because of relegation release clause i put last night tired.

Untitled.png

Edited by Baskan1987